What do people have to do to become a teacher , coach or both? Let me take you back in time. Back then the learned men of ancient times, by default became the teachers. Priests and prophets taught children of the wealthy and noble, the skills to take up their roles as leaders and businessmen. So in other words, people who had knowledge they passed it down. After that knowledge being passed down those people would tell someone else and so on. Back then people with power like priests and king , told people things and people trusted them and of course they listened to them.
So then my curiosity runs from the journey of the initiation of becoming a teacher and becoming a coach. Is it easy to become a teacher and a coach? What do they have to do to be qualified? What are the qualifications? Does matter if you want to teach at other levels of school? Does the pay change? Do teachers get paid more to coach? Throughout this paper I 'll be describing the process of becoming a teacher , coach or both.
For my senior project I will be apart of a soccer game and know practice skills to teach. I am the manager for the soccer team at Cedar Creek High School. I will either referee a school scrimmage or work with the athletes. By working with the athletes I will organize a practice teaching the boys fundamentals or running actual drills. Becoming a teacher and a coach will be the best thing in my life. I want to teach kids and help them as well. I will like to pass knowledge that i know to them. help them when they need it and be a role model to them. But before i become a coach I’d have to be a teacher first. My degree will be in History. I love history and would like to teach it. History has been my favorite topic since middle school, it i...
... middle of paper ...
...est so they can teacher at a high school level.
Do coaching qualifications verify for levels of school? Everything depends on what you will like to coach. Either small young kids or teenagers. A major thing as well is your degree. IF your degree is high school level then you will be a high school coach. If you just want to be an athletic coordinator that has a different process. A athletic coordinator in high school is more advanced that one in middle school.
My research paper is the before and during life of being a teacher , coach or both. I explained the qualifications that people have to do to become teachers. In this paper you will find basically everything there is to become a coach or a teacher. From this whole paper what really matters it all depends on your degree and skills. It all depends what you have and it’ll tell you where people end up.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- After graduating college it is time to hit the real world, so it’s time to begin of what I want to do for a living. The career I’m striving to achieve is to become an elementary teacher or middle school teacher. Becoming a teacher would be fantastic, it’s a job I know I would enjoy and I’m passionate about. Being able to help young students learn new things every day would be amazing, knowing that in elementary years it is the foundation of a student’s education. Teaching in general and watching people through the process of learning the is the main reason I’m seeking a career as a teacher.... [tags: High school, Education, School, Teacher]
1045 words (3 pages)
- Developing the Skills to Teach Effectively Almost any time I express interest in becoming a teacher, I get a look of disbelief or pity. If I dare include that I think middle school would be a good fit for me, there is a whole new level of skepticism. The most prominent protests come from teachers or retired teachers who simply beg me not to do it. They list all of the many challenges that come along with the profession, dealing with deadbeat parents, disrespectful students, low pay, long hours, shrinking budgets, minimal resources, standardized testing; the list goes on and on.... [tags: Teacher, Education, High school, School]
745 words (2.1 pages)
- Teacher Development There are many programs in education that focus on providing different teaching approaches that are intended to lead to greater student achievement and teacher success. In addition, teachers have to increase their knowledge and professional growth by taking classes on-line, communicating with other professionals and attending workshops in schools or universities. There are many goals that I have accomplished in this program and I can assure that I have acquired positive results from every single goal.... [tags: Education, Teacher, Learning, School]
1223 words (3.5 pages)
- Should an Administrator Invest in an Instructional Coach. After a year of finding my way as an instructional coach, learning by trial and error, and educating myself about strategies for guiding my colleagues, I’d like to share what I’ve learned about my experience. Administrators who are seeking to improve student achievement by improving teacher effectiveness might want to consider the value of having such a teacher on a building staff. When my principal called me with the idea of becoming a part-time teacher and part-time instructional coach, I had recently completed my National Board Certification in adolescent and young adult English language arts, and was eager to serve as a teacher le... [tags: Education]
2485 words (7.1 pages)
- A teacher’s philosophy of education stems into every area of their profession. Understanding what one’s beliefs are in the classroom is crucial in helping the students academically and personally grow and succeed. Out of the main philosophies of perennialism, social reconstructionism, existentialism, progressivism, and essentialism, I think I align the closest with essentialism. As described by Sarah Powell (2015), I believe in a “basic, organized, and rigorous” curriculum, an understood high level of expectations for the students, and an “intellectual and moral role model” found in the teacher.... [tags: Education, Learning, Teacher, School]
928 words (2.7 pages)
- 1) It is important to reflect on your teaching because as a teacher you need to see if the lesson was effective. a) When you teach any lesson you should reflect to see if your students understood the concepts you were trying to teach. If your students were confused for the majority of the lesson or disengaged, then your lesson needs to be reevaluated. Reflection on teaching is helpful in future lessons because it allows you to see what ways your students learn best. If you tried teaching with a video, but the students did not remember the content then you know for next time that you should make the video shorter, or not use a video for this group of students.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, High school]
1544 words (4.4 pages)
- For the past 11 years, I have sat in a classroom seven hours a day, five days a week. Throw in a few holiday breaks here and there, the occasional day off, and Summer Vacation, and you have got yourself a year life of nearly all American Teenagers. In most cases, though, once a degree is earned, many never step back into a school again. This has never been the case for me. Ever since the age of eight, I knew I wanted to become a teacher. I consider school to be equivalent to my second home. After all, it seems that I am there all of the time.... [tags: Education, High school, Teacher, School]
1130 words (3.2 pages)
- One diamond, four plates, nine players, a sweaty uniform, cleats, a bat, and a ball are the only things I’ve dreamt of since my first baseball practice when I was three years old. I remember the way it felt to smack the ball off of the tee and have everyone in the stands cheer and scream for me as I ran for first base as fast as I could and never wanting to leave the field even after it had gotten dark outside and all the field lights had been shut off. Baseball has been all I’ve ever wanted to do with my life from the very beginning.... [tags: High school, Leadership, Education, Coaching]
1000 words (2.9 pages)
- I am a white, heterosexual, middle class female. I am a Christian, and a Lutheran to be exact. I am active and I play sports any chance I can get. I am an Education Assistant at a daycare with a classroom of three year olds, and I am pursuing a degree to become an Elementary School Teacher. I am the only female child, stuck in the middle of an older brother and a younger brother. My primary socializations, my family, are my greatest influences in who I have become today. My first realizations of being a female came when I was six years old.... [tags: High school, Middle school, Anxiety, Girl]
1177 words (3.4 pages)
- Student and teacher relationships have many benefits for both teacher and student in the classroom. There are many different types of these relationships, from being friends to being mentors to even being something of a mentor or parental figure. However, in recent years, a new type of relationship has come into existence, one that is neither healthy nor legal. When student and teacher relationships blossom into something that is more than just a friendship, people can get hurt, families can be torn apart, communities baffled, and fellow students put at a disadvantage.... [tags: Teacher-Student Sex]
1258 words (3.6 pages)