In this report I will be reflecting account of the year in which I will introduce to three patches done through the year as well as one chosen lecture. The first task was a group work introducing to globalisation and sustainability. Our second job was focused on happiness in workplace task this demand great research on two chosen companies, creating a mind map plus in class presentation. The last task was an individual work and required argument presenting social corporate responsibility. Lastly, I will cover lecture about management and leadership, describe the difference between them as well as define why both are valid to a business.
2.0 The Work to date
2.1 Globalisation and Sustainability
In patch one our task was to promote national governments on the impact of globalisation, economic development, and sustainability. It was our first group work so apart from undertaking the difficult task also required to discover our strengths and weaknesses. Our group undertook a research, reviewing any possible relations between economic and environmental sustainability. As a group we decided to use countries like the UK and Sweden as developed ones and Mexico and Nigeria two developing countries. Task this was to help us see trends between their markets and their environmental footprints.
Rapid population growth, consumption of natural resources, increased consumer demand, goods and services is putting our environment at risk like climate change, pollution and deforestation. (Epa, 2015).
Climate change is increasing the risk of extreme weather events, from heavier rains or snow falls to hurricanes or cyclones. More frequent heat waves which all can lead to disasters and big impact on the food industry. (Met Office, ...
... middle of paper ...
...ntuition, which may in turn be of more benefit to the company. A leader is more emotional than a manager. There can be good and bad leaders, and there can be good and bad managers. (Ratcliffe, 2013).
Combining four topics together as different they looks from each other as complex the worlds business may be, there is always a connection between them. People all over the world have to realise that with this growing demand for goods we may never undo what we did to our environment.
The planet’s ecosystems are weakening and the climate is changing. While sustainability is about the future of our civilization, for today’s businesses it is also about making profit. We as a society must transform our markets both as a producer and consumer. It is important to change the way we do business. We need to become greener and meet real and essential human needs.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- 1.0 Introduction In this report I will be reflecting account of the year in which I will introduce to three patches done through the year as well as one chosen lecture. The first task was a group work introducing to globalisation and sustainability. Our second job was focused on happiness in workplace task this demand great research on two chosen companies, creating a mind map plus in class presentation. The last task was an individual work and required argument presenting social corporate responsibility.... [tags: Corporate social responsibility]
1406 words (4 pages)
- The first assigned reading was a case study of Customer and Enterprise Services (CES) Division. It is the back end customer service & support provider for majority of the insurance companies in the United States. The issue they faced was the demoralization of their work force. A lackadaisical quota based approach to work was prevalent among most levels due to the archaic & heartless management & leadership approach in place. The case study analyzes CES’s transformational process to counter this issue.... [tags: Management, Case study, Leadership, Employment]
1057 words (3 pages)
- Being a leader means you guide others to achieve a goal and complete tasks. A leader will use communication strategies to convey what is expected from employees such as priorities or timelines. The communication strategies that will be discussed are motivation of employees, listening, showing confidence and having work knowledge. I will focus on a virtual office setting since I work remotely. Also a case study analysis will discuss what one leader can do differently to effectively lead his staff.... [tags: Management, Leadership, Case study, Feedback]
857 words (2.4 pages)
- Demonstrating Effective Leadership: Case 3 – The New Manager Needs A Coach and Case 63 – Pray With Me Healthcare is on a continuous cycle of change to improve patient care. With constant change, a competent leader is vital to the safety and quality of patient care. To achieve a high-performing healthcare team, a strong leader with the ability to efficiently communicate their visions and ideas is necessary. The following case studies will illustrate the importance of a strong leader with effective communication skills.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Skill, Case study]
1771 words (5.1 pages)
- Stock and Genisyürek (2012) reported a study by global leadership and organizational effectiveness (GLOBE) which established 9 cultural aspects for the purpose of ascertaining the similarities and variations that are inherent in societies and in traits. The study was developed upon the findings of Hofstede on cultural studies. The aspects include uncertainty avoidance, power distance institutional collectivism, human orientation, in-group collectivism, assertiveness, future orientation, performance orientation and gender egalitarianism.... [tags: Leadership, Management]
1521 words (4.3 pages)
- Boston’s ICA Leadership Case Study for MG730 Katina King Brenau University Boston’s ICA Leadership Identification of Problems Although The Institute of Contemporary Arts (ICA) of Boston was the only place dedicated to contemporary art for more than 50 year, it is having trouble growing into a pillar of the art industry (Reavis, 2010, pg.1). The main problem is the organization’s powerless leadership. According to Peter Northouse (2015), leaders must possess an effective influencing power in order to motivate followers (pg.47).... [tags: Leadership, Servant leadership, Management]
1347 words (3.8 pages)
- Introduction Throughout the term and study of Resilient Leaders and Organizational Management and Leadership many aspects of leadership were studied. All of these aspects work together as a body that forms the leader. From these bodies of knowledge five concepts stood out. Additionally, three key sets of scripture are highlighted that paint a picture of leadership in the biblical sense. Group Consensus The group determined five key concepts that help define a leader held such importance that they were set apart for this submission.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Positive psychology]
1157 words (3.3 pages)
- Please complete the Case study assignment and Ms. Trumps Management style on page 525 in your Allen text. How would you respond to Ms. Trump’s two questions to the administrator in training. Ms Trump’s first question about her management style, seems directive The “do it the way I tell you” management style where little learning happens with this style. Although, Nursing home had skilled DON or heads of department, she doesn’t seems to managed them very well. However, she did give them a choice to decide what best for the facility, but she was not interested to take any decision,as if it was not her job.... [tags: Management, Leadership, Goal, Health care]
1024 words (2.9 pages)
- My ambition to study Business Management originates from the age of 8. Whilst growing up in Germany, my parents had a restaurant and this started my ambition as I noted and studied the way my parents managed, lead their employees and the different task that were given. Attending university has been my fondest dream and I plan to continue my education and receive a masters then a doctorate. For as long as I can remember it has been my fondest dream and my furthest goal to attend college. I participated in work experience at Osidge Primary School where I effectively managed a class of 24 students wherefrom I learned the significance of being an authoritative figure as well as that aided studen... [tags: Management, Learning, University, Leadership]
859 words (2.5 pages)
- Situation: Brian’s employment lead to a massive change in how things operated in the workplace which could lead to issues in the changeover from styles from staff. Brian 's inability to stick to a decision and constantly changing his mind and methods. Brian also does not clearly state what he wants when he asks staff to complete a task which leads to it being performed in a way that does not satisfy him. Brian also does not motivate staff and congratulate staff when the complete tasks for him. Brian has not been listing to the feedback he has been receiving from co-workers by denying the request made by senior staff Putting down his staff to senior management making assumptions about co-wor... [tags: Management, Leadership]
942 words (2.7 pages)
- Foreign Investment And Its Impact On Australia
- The House That Hell Hath Wrought : Examining The Relationship Between The Palacio Barolo And Dante 's Inferno
- The Economic Crisis
- Analysis Of The Poem ' Twenty Love Poems And ' A Song Of Despair '
- Graduation Speech : Education And Education
- The Government 's Policy Of Inclusion