In the article, the authors mentioned the tablet computer access to K-12 education in China and other developing areas. The authors tried to understand the new technology can support educational system and instructional strategies. With the development of computer technology, more and more new technologies enter schools. They researched three groups: students, teacher, and educational administrators, in order to understand demanding of computer’s application. Therefore, the authors proved the importance of computer’s application into the educational system in some developing areas.
First, the authors explained mobile learning has developed in China, and lot of activities show the development of educational technology. In addition, They mentioned computer technology is used in U.S. universities and schools, that helps students improve learning efficiency...
... middle of paper ...
... education in developing areas is unreliable.
The last, the future of the new technology’s existence in the educational system will not be optimistic. The authors discussed the new technology change and update fast, that could cause the negative effect to students and teachers. They still prefer to use the “old technology” in learning and teaching . I agree with their concept because China had a big problem about using technology, and I studied in China several years. In China, the understanding of the new technology is so ignorant because of the poor education, shortage of technology. In education, the teachers and students do not understand how to use the computer technology to improve their teaching and learning rapidly. In short, understanding of the new technology and application skills are more important to adjust educational system in developing countries.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- How to Purchase a Tablet Tablet computers have become all the rage. They are small mobile computers that can be taken anywhere. Tablets are equipped with cameras and touchscreen keyboards eliminating the need to bring your camera, video recorder, or mouse. Tablets are larger than smart phones and PDA’s (personal digital assistants), measuring about 7 inches diagonally (Wikipedia). This makes it easier to read novels or newspapers, play games, check weather, and view movies or video. A new study from the Online Publishers Association (OPA) concluded that tablet sales are “exploding.” The results show that 31 percent of Internet users now own a tablet compared to 12 percent in 2011.... [tags: wi-fi, ios, touchscreen keyboards]
1203 words (3.4 pages)
- ... The stories were read during silent reading time. This study did not find any significant gains in vocabulary, but did find an increase in motivation. They found that children in the iPod group were excited to use the iPod, which motivated them to engage in silent reading. They observed that the children in the iPod group were more likely to sit for the whole story and answer comprehension questions about the story, as opposed to children in the control group who were usually distracted from their own book as evidenced by their talking to peers and paying attention to things other than their reading book.... [tags: motivation, comprehension, ipad, tablet]
660 words (1.9 pages)
- All students deserve the most effective teaching materials in classrooms around the United States. Textbooks are not supplying what students need to achieve success throughout their education; therefore, tablets/computers should be used instead of textbooks. There are multiple advantages to taking textbooks out of classrooms throughout the United States. One of the most profound advantages with using tablets/computers over textbooks is the ability to record and monitor cheating in a more formal way.... [tags: Education, Classroom, Question, Answer]
1631 words (4.7 pages)
- Computers are shaping society today, whether it’s the way we talk, eat, sleep, or even act. We use computers in our everyday lives all the time, they allow us to become more innovative and continue to make the human life easier. Our education would be limited to who we had in our community and their own wisdom, whereas today we can have access to information all over the globe. With this information also comes responsibility some information cannot be shared with the public or some believe that and can be protected by security.... [tags: Computer, Electronics, Electronic engineering]
932 words (2.7 pages)
- Effects of Society 's Dependence on Computers The modern world is a digital age. Computers have effected the way we live and how the world operates completely, and they changed our world and our lives. The modern world is deemed digital; what a lot of people do not understand, however, is that the source of life being digital is the computer. Gone are the days when everything was done manually; now with a push of a button, instant communication is enabled and ICU life-support is run. We live in the age of technology.... [tags: Computer, Personal computer, Microprocessor]
902 words (2.6 pages)
- In the modern society, computers play an influential role in our lives in many ways. Actually, they have taken an essential part of our lives and have become an inseparable feature in our way of life. They have reached to a point where someone can freely say that living without a computer is similar to living in an environment without air to breath. They have become very common, appearing in every environment and fields such as medical, government, business, international offices, and in many family units.... [tags: Technology]
1308 words (3.7 pages)
- In this debate we will be discussing whether or not laptops and tablets should replace textbooks in primary schools. For this debate the focus will be more so on tablets rather than laptops as touchscreen technology is being more commonly used over conventional computers. For this debate the focus will be against tablets and laptops replacing textbooks in primary schools as it is widely considered to hinder learning and not enough pupils are taught to enjoy using books but more detail will be given later on.... [tags: Primary education, School, High school]
1431 words (4.1 pages)
- As more people began to access the Internet through smart phones and tablets rather than laptops and computers, it is not a surprise that they would also want to transform the American education system by bringing tablets into classrooms. In fact, a few schools around the country have already replaced textbooks with tablets and have seen improvements in students’ standardized test scores. Using tablets instead of textbooks is not only convenient and helpful, but it can also reduce the amount of paper wastes in school.... [tags: technology, laptop computers, education]
1009 words (2.9 pages)
- In today’s advanced world that we live in, we could hardly see ourselves not getting in touch with mobile devices. It first started with a cup of coffee and we will spontaneously slip our phones or tablets out for online free newspaper in the morning, checking the traffic before our journey, sending e-mails to clients, having conference calls and many other features. Tablet, the all in one device that we hold everywhere we go. The purpose of this paper is to observe the popularity of tablet brand between Apple Ipad and Samsung Note.... [tags: Apple Tablet, Samsung Tablet]
1850 words (5.3 pages)
- Microcomputers: (Notebook, Laptop, Desktop and Tablet PC) Microcomputers are the smallest systems in the market. The size range is from calculator to desktop size. Its CPU is microprocessor. It also known as PC, their aim is to satisfy the needs of public and are single-user computers. They are used for common applications such as gaming, social networking, and internet research. Justify the performance, limitations Justify why this type is suitable to a particular environment Desktop: Desktop wasn’t designed to be portable.... [tags: Personal computer, Computer, Minicomputer]
1212 words (3.5 pages)
- Air Pollution And Its Effects On The Environment
- The Death Of The United States
- Things Fall Apart By Chinua Achebe
- How Body Language Is The Process Of Communicating Nonverbally Through Conscious Or Unconscious Gestures And Movements
- Cameron 's Life : Episode Vi A New Hope
- How Students Suffer From Socioeconomic Issues