As a current student of Lakeland High School, I am a four year Track and Field athlete as well as a member of the National Honor Society, which came from my strong passion of Oak Valley’s NJHS program. Through NHS, I have had many more opportunities to reach out and help my community, whi...
... middle of paper ...
...o these individuals and to help those who were pushed down. I still remember the school dance where a girl was getting bullied for coming to the dance in a dress, while everyone else wore their average clothes. I felt terrible for this poor girl and I knew that no one else was going to step up. I not only told an adult of what was going on, but I also went out of my way to comfort her and make her time at the dance something to remember in a positive way. Having this feeling of helping someone else helped spark my innovation to help others in my community to this very day. I can’t even imagine what it would have been to be at a different middle school, but I’m glad I never found out. I knew from day one that Oak Valley is where I belonged, where I learned to believe, and where I became the person I am today. Thank you, Oak Valley, for making me the person I am today.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Does prayer affect what a student can and cannot do. Prayer seems like an innocent, honest action to do in school. Some children are even pushed towards prayer by most of their parents, depending on their religious beliefs. Yet, what we do not know is that there is a major controversy between religion and schools. Though there is religious freedom due to the 1st Amendment of the Constitution, the government should not allow prayer in school because children should have a choice whether they want religion to be part of their learning and because religion is diverse around the nation.... [tags: Religion, High school, Education]
1275 words (3.6 pages)
- Argumentative Essay Rough Draft Why do teachers or professors give students homework. Is it just busy work or is it essential to our educational process. Students kill and stress their self just to finish countless pages of work that just ends up being put into a grade book and then thrown away. Homework should be banned because it’s not a necessity to our educational process or the life of students. Homework doesnt help students, it hurts them. Students are drilled with work during the school hours and then are giving homework from almost all of their teachers every night.... [tags: Education, High school, Teacher, Middle school]
934 words (2.7 pages)
- The Agribusiness Management instructor, Ms. Coronodo was a graduate of CHSAS and felt so passionate about the mission of CHSAS she wanted to give back to the program by coming back and teaching. In speaking with the staff they all have the same passion for the program Ms. Coronodo does. The students are their number one priority. Ms. Kujawa is the Animal Science instructor; she gets to teach the fundamentals of animal care, nutrition, conception, parturition, to slaughter in some cases. Ms. Kujawa explained that she allows the students to experience firsthand how to artificially inseminate the cattle, swine, sheep and goats on the facility.... [tags: High school, Community, Education, Student]
1237 words (3.5 pages)
- There are many people that know me and many that don’t. Well I have a twin sister named Mykaile. I have an older brother named Austin he is the oldest of the family kids. I love who I am and everything I do in life. My household is made up of 5 people my parents Gracie and Freddie Cade, my dad like to be called by his middle name his real name is Herbert Freddie Cade. Then there is my brother and sister. My sister and I most of the time got along, but my brother and I rarely got along mainly because we shared a room all of our lives.... [tags: High school, Family, Middle school, Love]
1631 words (4.7 pages)
- Censorship by definition is the suppression of speech or removal of communicative material which may be considered objectionable or repulsive. Censorship is nothing new and its effects are constantly felt throughout society. Many societies use censorship to protect the established moral and social order. Book censorship in western cultures can be traced to the earliest years of Christianity, when the church began to suppress opposing views as unorthodox. In ancient times, before the printing press and the mass production of literature, book burning was an effective form of censorship.... [tags: Censorship, Middle School, Students, education,]
1103 words (3.2 pages)
- You’re heart is beating ninety miles per hour, hands are shaking, palms are sweating, and you couldn’t sleep at all last night. This is it… The moment you’ve thought about the entire summer, it’s the start of MIDDLE SCHOOL. AHH. You are about to walk into a new chapter in your life and boy is this scary. You have to figure out how to change classes, remember all your new teachers names, make new friends, figure out where you were going to sit in the cafeteria, and the list could go on and on. You were just in elementary school… were you had the same teacher for an entire year, and could play with your friends on the play ground every day and your only worry was who had the better snack.... [tags: Education, Teacher, Middle school, School]
749 words (2.1 pages)
- Let’s set the scenario and imagine you are a middle school student. Here it is at the start of yet another school week, the bus pulls up to allow the students off the bus. The first student to exit the bus is an 8th grade girl wearing skin tight skinny jeans, flip flops, and a red tank top. As she steps off the bus several of her fellow male students are watching her as if she is a supermodel, one in particular watches whom is wearing baggy jeans and an oversized shirt. The girl ignores the boys as she walks towards the bathroom to do a last minute makeup check before the first bell.... [tags: High school, Dress code, Middle school, Clothing]
1488 words (4.3 pages)
- High School vs. Middle School The transformation from middle school to high school marks an exciting and overwhelming time in a teenager’s life. It marks the beginning of a new chapter in life and it opens new doors of opportunity. High school is easily over estimated compared to middle school and middle school is very much under estimated from high school. High school and middle school are very different with only a few similarities. The two different levels of schooling have completely different time schedules, different priorities take place, and one schools education system is more advanced than the other.... [tags: High school, School, Middle school]
1363 words (3.9 pages)
- during my observations I was able to attend a middle school classroom and in this middle school classroom I was unable to talk to the teacher about students who had an IEP, ISP, or section 504. Therefore, in the start of class I was unable to notice many of the accommodations that were given, however I noticed that the teacher would give her student planning outlines. She would walk them through it, discussing want each bubble should have and eventually let them do it on their own. As an individual I think this worked really well because most of the students were able to get on task as soon as they were left alone and other would not.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, Middle school]
879 words (2.5 pages)
- Present Day (2015) “You know what would be funny. If we get really close this year, and then move away for college to never see each other.” “Aw, come on, man,” he said making a sad, scrunched up face. I felt kinda bad after saying that, I didn’t think it was really funny, I only said that because in reality, after our senior year, friendships are going to go to shit. 5 Years Earlier (2010) Yikes. The first day of middle school. I can not wait to meet new people and make new memories. I step on to the campus of the middle school and learn where my home room class is.... [tags: Friendship, High school, Middle school]
2136 words (6.1 pages)