I was inspired to write about Marilyn Monroe because she seemed like she knew a lot about life and everything she went through. She was a big movie star and she fought for what she believed in she wanted a good part in movies but the directors always put her as a blonde and she had to be dumb and she didn't like that. She didn't understand because she was intelligent and that is what they thought of beautiful blonds back then. She was good at everything she did. People wanted to take an advantage of her. But she was a good person that always got took for granted.
She was born on June 1st, 1926 n Lag Angles and died August 5, 1962. She was known for a sex symbol to people and she had a difficult life growing up. She never knew father and her mother tried to kill her when she was in was in her crib and by smothering her with a pillow. She spent most of her life in a foster care. In 1937 a family friend and her husband took care of her for many year because they took her. At 7 year old Marilyn Monroe went back to the orphanage at 7 years old. She was sexually assaulted and she got raped when she was 11 years old. She ended up marrying her boyfriend after she got out and grew up. She grew up as going to be a model and dreamt of being a actress.
Her career was getting harder because she got married and it hit her acting career a little bit. They got divorced in 1946. Marilyn Monroe ended up signing her first movie. She started calling herself Marilyn Monroe and she actually died her hair blonde but her acting career didn't start of until 1950. She impressed her audience by performing in a movie called The Asphalt Jungle. And she even impressed the critics and they loved her performance. She loved...
... middle of paper ...
...://www.huffingtonpost.com/anna-godbersen/marilyn-monroe-fiction_b_5297880.html.)Godbersen, Anna. "6 Remarkable Re-Imaginings of Marilyn Monroe." The Huffington Post. TheHuffingtonPost.com, 13 May 2014. Web. 13 May 2014.
(http://www.mycentraljersey.com/article/20140511/NJENT07/305110023/Marilyn-Monroe-lives-on).Http://www.mycentraljersey.com/article/20140511/NJENT07/305110023/Marilyn-Monroe-lives-on. N.p., n.d. Web.
(http://www.huffingtonpost.com/liz-smith/bette-davis-and-marilyn-m_b_5295694.html). Smith, Liz. "Bette Davis and Marilyn Monroe -- Were They Alike in ANY Way?"The Huffington Post. TheHuffingtonPost.com, 09 May 2014. Web. 13 May 2014.
(http://www.pehub.com/canada/2014/05/12/pe-backed-authentic-brands-buys-remaining-marilyn-monroe-assets/.)/www.pehub.com/canada/2014/05/12/pe-backed-authentic-brands-buys-remaining-marilyn-monroe-assets/. N.p., n.d. Web.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Murder of Marilyn Monroe The famous Marilyn Monroe was found dead in her bed but was it suicide. It was a murder that was unsolved at the time of the death and spread through the news to become one of the most talked about murder mysteries. Was it really a mystery. Through an enormous amount of research and the analysis and synthesis of the victim, crime scene, suspicious behavior, and evidence, it is clear that the murderer has been identified. Marilyn Monroe was found dead in her bedroom from a possible overdose on August 5, 1962.... [tags: Marilyn Monroe, Death, Suicide, Sedative]
2159 words (6.2 pages)
- Is the name Norma Jean Baker familiar. Maybe, but due to a suggestion Ben Lyon provided, the name Marilyn Monroe is sure to gain recognition as the 1940’s thespian (Encyclopedia of World Biography). Marilyn Monroe was born Norma Jean Baker and grew up to become the sex icon Marilyn Monroe, a singer, actress, and comedienne. She is remembered mainly for her talents and her nude photos from the 1940’s, which helped her to become an icon. One article states, “Legendary film actress Marilyn Monroe will be remembered for her sensuous beauty, her acting talent, and her psychological torment” (DISCovering Biography).... [tags: Marilyn Monroe, Hugh Hefner, Playboy]
1300 words (3.7 pages)
- Marilyn Monroe "The Blonde Bombshell" "I am not interested in money, I just want to be wonderful." (Marilyn Monroe's official Website, 1) A quote from the classic beauty Marilyn Monroe. What I would like to know about Marilyn Monroe is about how she got started in show business, and what made her such a Hollywood icon. I really don't know anything about her, or her career. The reason I would like to learn more about her, is because she seemed to be such an amazing person, and a classic beauty.... [tags: Biography Marilyn Monroe]
1739 words (5 pages)
- Self-development has great importance in society because it allows to an individual to further and improve aspects of themselves in order to obtain a better understanding of themself and adapt better in the world that we live in. With this, one can find and make the necessary changes in order to improve aspects of their lives bringing them closer to success and their goal. The self-development of an individual, through the analysis of Marilyn Monroe’s life, shows its major impact in the furtherance of one’s life.... [tags: blond bombshells, sex symbols]
889 words (2.5 pages)
- Marilyn Monroe When someone mentions Marilyn Monroe, one usually thinks off the seductive all-American sex goddess who captured the world with her woman-childlike charm. Yet not many know her as the illegitimate child who endured a childhood of poverty and misery, sexual abuse, and years in foster home and orphanages. Most people don’t realize that her disrupted loveless childhood may been the main reason to her early death. Norma Jeane Baker’s father, Edward Mortenson, had deserted her mother, Gladys Baker neè Monroe, before she was born on June, 1 1926, in the charity ward of Los Angeles General Hospital.... [tags: Monroe Biographies Bio Biography]
1143 words (3.3 pages)
- The Story of Marilyn Monroe Marilyn Monroe once said, “Beneath the makeup and behind the smile I am just a girl who wishes for the world.” Marilyn Monroe was just a normal girl who did not have it easy growing up. She did not have a mother figure in her life, and she longed to be loved. She was beautiful, but she wanted to be known for much more than her looks. Her fame came unexpectedly, but it came with consequences. It transformed her into someone she did not want to be. She spent most of her career struggling to find herself, but her public image had taken over who she was.... [tags: Biography]
2119 words (6.1 pages)
- Marilyn Monroe was recognized as the “Blonde Bombshell.”(4) She was well known throughout the world in the 1940’s and 1950’s. Marilyn’s childhood was rough but she rose above it by becoming an actress and model. Norma Jean Mortenson, more famously known as Marilyn Monroe was born on June 1st, 1926 at 9:00a.m in Los Angeles, California. (1, 4) She was born into foster care therefore she never knew her mother or her father. (2) Marilyn’s mom was Gladys Monroe Baker Mortenson. (6) When Marilyn was born her mom was sent to an institution for mental health on behalf of her being diagnosed with paranoia schizophrenia.... [tags: Biography]
690 words (2 pages)
- Marilyn Monroe Norma Jean Baker was born on June 1st 1926. She said that she came from an unhappy and deprived childhood. Galdys was Norma's mother. She had two children with Jack Baker (Norma's father) while still very young. Her father died in a car accident soon after she was born and at the age of 26 Galdys remarried to Edward Mortenson. Edward didn't want children but Galdys did so she divorced him. Soon after that Galdys couldn't take care of Norma anymore so she gave her up for adoption.... [tags: Biography Biographies]
664 words (1.9 pages)
- “ I am not interested in money. I just want to be wonderful” Marilyn Monroe was born Norma Jeane Baker on June 1, 1926. Her mother’s name was Gladys Baker Mortensen. Baker being the name of her other two children and Mortensen the name of her last husband who disappeared just months after their marriage in 1924. Although Edward Mortensen was Gladys’ husband at the time of Norma’s birth, he was not her father. No one knows for sure who her father was, but it was believed that it was Gladys’ lover C.... [tags: essays research papers]
768 words (2.2 pages)
- Norma Jeane Mortenson Everyone's heard of the stereotype; blonde bombshell. Well no better woman to fit those shoes then the world famous Marilyn Monroe. Marilyn Monroe, was born Norma Jeane Mortenson on June 1, 1926, in a Los Angeles General Hospital to Gladys Mortenson. Her birth certificate lists her father as unknown, and for the duration of her life he will stay unknown. Due to her mother's unstable mental health, and the fact that she was not married at the time Norma Jeane was sent to live in foster care (The Mmm Girl).... [tags: Biography]
1783 words (5.1 pages)