Global warming is a serious problem with two major effects which are increasing in sea level and degradation of wild lives. Increase in sea level is affecting the entire landmass of the earth. According to NASA, the polar ice cap is melting at the alarming rate of nine percent per decade. Arctic ice thickness has decreased 40 percent since the 1960s (Oskin). The amount of water is more than the land in our planet. If this global warming continues at this pace, soon there will be no ground left on earth. The terrestrial animals will be exterminated from the earth if glo...
... middle of paper ...
...ot limited makes this the best solution for the global warming.
In conclusion, global warming is a slow and gradual process that is affecting our lives day by day. Some think of it as a myth but now everybody can see and feel the climate change every year. Human beings are the prime cause of the global warming, so it is our responsibility to minimize it. Many environmentalists and nature protecting organization such as NRDC (Natural Resource Defense Counsil) have done various researches about global warming and have come up with many ideas to prevent it. There are several creative ideas to stop global warming and some of them have promises, for example, saving money while saving the environment. Planting and protecting the trees is a popular attempt, and it looks great on paper, this solution works well and is beneficial for the people as well as the environment.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... Using the electrical devices, which have heat radiations, represent the third cause of the buildings and the greenhouses. The electrical devices effects come from transferring electrical power to heat energy. Many old transformers and lamps use the double amount of electrical power than the new devices. Now, (90%) of the buildings and the greenhouses use the old devices such as for lighting (2). Despite of the economic effects for using the old devices, these devices have the negative effects for increasing the earth's temperature by radiation and convection.... [tags: environmental issues]
2297 words (6.6 pages)
- Human beings are the advanced species on the earth. The ability of our ancestors to think outside of the box is the reason why humans are the most dominant species. Once upon a time humans were same as the wild animals. The daily chore for human from the past was to hunt, eat, and survive. At present, the life of human beings is more convenient with all the inventions like cars and air conditioners. These inventions have made our lives easier but have also helped to cause global warming. The emission of carbon dioxide from these machines in the atmosphere causes global warming.... [tags: environmental issues]
1050 words (3 pages)
- President Barrack Obama addresses global warming, "We have to all shoulder the responsibility for keeping the planet habitable, or we're going to suffer the consequences -- together." (Leader). President Obama is explaining how more than one person or even nation causes global warming; hence, everyone needs to do their part to stop it and start healing the Earth. Global warming, an increase in the earth's atmospheric and oceanic temperatures due to an increase in the greenhouse effect resulting from pollution, is presently a major worldwide dilemma due to its influences on the endangerment of living organisms.... [tags: fuel alternative, fossil fuel, harnessing methods]
1051 words (3 pages)
- Energy Crisis Interrelated to Global Warming. Photovoltaic Cell – A Possible Solution Abstract- The world’s energy crisis has worsened in recent years, as oil prices dramatically increased due to the limited amount of available oil. Global warming is considered as a byproduct of energy crisis, because as oil continues to burn in the refining process, CO2 is constantly emitted to the atmosphere at a fast rate and in heavy concentrations, which in turn, worsens the global warming situation. Photovoltaic cell technology converts sunlight into direct current electricity.... [tags: Solar Energy Power Global Warming]
2758 words (7.9 pages)
- Summary of The Article “The 97 Percent Solution” In his article “The 97 percent solution.”, Ian Tuttle provides the scientific doubts on the claim by the White House that, “Ninety-seven percent of scientists concur and agree that there is global warming and anthropogenic impact.” Since the satellite measuring the temperature shows no significant warming change for the last 18 years, global warming alarmist called the situation “the pause”. On the other hand, 97% of scientists declare that the earth is warming up and it is mainly a result of human activity.... [tags: Global warming, Climate change]
1126 words (3.2 pages)
- There's much talk (as opposed to action) about what to do about global warming and CO2 in the atmosphere. As with most subjects in life, I have all the solutions. While I don't think my solutions are unique, I don't think I've summarized it all in one place yet so I will do that here. Premise: Before we begin I think it's key to understand and agree what the problem is. There are a few points which I think are largely agreed upon. First, humans are releasing formerly sequestered carbon into the atmosphere.... [tags: Carbon Cycle, Solution]
981 words (2.8 pages)
- Climate change is undoubtedly one of the most pressing threats we face today. A global issue, it is not confined to any single neighborhood of the globe; our entire planet is threatened by this menace. The overwhelming scientific consensus is that humans are causing the climate to warm by emitting immense amounts of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere. Global warming threatens to melt the ice caps, raise sea levels, and increase the potency and frequency of severe weather events. If immediate action is not taken the situation will only continue to deteriorate.... [tags: Carbon dioxide, Global warming, Emissions trading]
1956 words (5.6 pages)
- Scientists say that, the twelve warmest years that have been recorded all occurred after 1998. What is the cause of all this warmth. It is global warming. Live science contributor, Bradford defines it as, “the gradual heating of Earth 's surface, oceans and atmosphere” (Bradford). Most people think that Global Warming is a myth, but the rising temperatures say otherwise. According to the environmental protection agency, “Earth’s average temperature has risen 1.4 degrees Fahrenheit over the past century” (EPA).... [tags: Global warming, Carbon dioxide, Oxygen]
1047 words (3 pages)
- Global warming is the gradual increase of temperature in the world’s atmosphere. It is often caused by high levels of carbon dioxide and other pollutants. It may also be increased by fossil fuels and agriculture causing many severe consequences, such as: species extinction, reduced forest and coral reefs, drought increases in Africa, severe flooding in Asia, threats to small islands because of ocean levels rising, and severe weather in hurricane zones. Our society today is destroying the climate.... [tags: Global Warming Essay]
1437 words (4.1 pages)
- Geothermal Energy: A Solution to the Energy Crisis Abstract So far, scientists have not found a successful substitute for fossil fuels that can handle both the large demand for energy and solve the global warming problem. I propose that geothermal energy is a clean, widely available, and renewable alternative to the usage of fossil fuels. In this paper, I will explain how use of geothermal resources can be energy-efficient, environmentally clean, and cost-effective. I believe that the US government should increase funding for geothermal energy research.... [tags: Power Energy Global Warming Environment]
1994 words (5.7 pages)
- The Reformation in Europe: Three Individuals that Made It Happen
- Open Mindedness: The Past, Present and Potential Future
- Escaping Male Authority in Charlotte Perkins Gilman's The Yellow Wallpaper
- Realism and The Prince
- Mill and Friedman: Different Only in Their Details
- The Journey in A Good Man Is Hard to Find