Dealing with one currency is difficult enough without the added risk of the ever changing exchange rates. "For those keeping an eye on the euro 's exchange rate, the Greek crisis is the biggest influencer of the single currency 's value, dwarfing other factors such as deflation," said Andy Reid at moneycorp.2 If this continues, the exchange rate could unexpectedly drop, resulting in lost money during the exchange. Although this type of dilemma can’t be prevented, there are options available to insure your money. Since the revenue is in EUR, the business owner must identify how much EUR is required to sustain themselves comfortably, yet remain in business. The business owner may want to purchase a “put optio...
... middle of paper ...
...tability: homogeneity of social fabric, government political regime, and foreign relationships.
Business environment: management of economy, foreign investment climate, and working conditions. The overall success of the operation depends on the relevance of the parameters and weighted assessments assigned to each category. The global rating can be adjusted according to whether the risk is associated with the export transaction, direct investment, or loan (Agarwal, 2009, p 97-98).
1. Yahoo Finance, EUR/USD (EURUSD=X), Retrieved November 2, 2015 from http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=eurusd=X.
2. Phillips, L. (June, 2015). Greek crisis is the biggest influencer of the euro’s value. Telegraph.co.uk. Retrieved from http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/expat-money/11705978/Greek-crisis-is-the-biggest-influencer-of-the-euros-value.html.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Experts in the field of economics have conducted studies on the impact of Walmart and the small business owner. Some of these studies support the claims that Walmart stores do contribute to the closing of some mom and pop stores, however, there are studies that support claims of increased sales when a Walmart opens in an area. Plans are to report on these claims with an unbiased opinion. There are many opinions of this retail giant opening in your area. A majority of people interviewed welcomed Walmart.... [tags: Small business, Business, Grocery store, Wal-Mart]
1176 words (3.4 pages)
- As a small business owner you 're likely the one that makes all major decisions about your organization. You 've carefully vetted employees to make sure they share your company vision and invested your financial resources wisely to make sure you have an awesome website with engaging content that resonates with your target audience. Perhaps you 've even studied the new Google search ranking algorithm to make sure your business is always near the top spot on first page results with local-specific and organic search queries.... [tags: Management, Small business, Risk, Business]
761 words (2.2 pages)
- SMEs (small and medium –sized enterprises) are increasingly becoming one the most important enterprises with the most significant change in the economic situation of many countries. Government has since realised the importance of such business and started developing the SME sector. SMEs have reached a 7 percent growth rate and account for approximately 40 percent of the GDP (Gross Domestic Product). There are about 40 000 entrants every year. SMEs account for 60-70 percent of most jobs but are also confronted with challenges in the industry such as limited access to bank credit.... [tags: South Africa, economic growth, recovery]
1746 words (5 pages)
- Marketing Research Methods A small business owner has undoubtedly done countless hours of research and put forth great effort in starting up and maintaining their company. Unfortunately, these same business owners may not have focused enough energy towards researching the market and target segments to assure that there is an actual preexisting need and desire for the offering. This paper will compare and contrast three marketing research methods that can be used by small businesses to better understand the sales potential of their marketplace.... [tags: Marketing, Small business, Marketing research]
976 words (2.8 pages)
- Description of the business Karen Solazzo is a local small business owner. He founded the company Gatehouse Properties Inc. and their goal is providing high quality property management services with integrity, professionalism and respect for their clients. The company owns 7 houses around Conestoga College (Doon campus - Kitchener) and they rent out the rooms for national and international students. Currently, there are more than 45 tenants and every year this number tends to grows because the company is always reinvesting in their business.... [tags: Business, Entrepreneurship, Small business]
961 words (2.7 pages)
- There comes a time in a business owner’s career where they will be faced with the decision of whether to expand or to focus on other goals. Goals that focus on creating a healthy work environment, providing great customer service, and giving back to the community. There are a number of small business owners that have decided not to expand and have ultimately created small sustainable companies that are thriving in today’s market. Bo Burlingham discusses the principles of a “Small Giant” and the “mojo” that these small businesses posses in his book Small Giants.... [tags: Small business, Business, Customer service]
948 words (2.7 pages)
- As a small business owner, one of the challenges you have is how to finance your expansion. Sales start to pick up, and you find yourself in need of more equipment or simply the need to expand your payroll in order to process an increase in orders. There are many situations that can exist, and your situation will depend upon the particular industry you are operating in. There are several possibilities available to get the money you need, but some ways are better than others. An unsecured loan this type of loan may sound good because there is no collateral required, but they are very expensive.... [tags: Loan, Debt, Credit card, Personal finance]
718 words (2.1 pages)
- Problem Statement In the United States, there are over 18,000 companies with revenues of $35 billion combined. Most of this revenue is from companies that have over 60 accounting firms. The profitability of these firms depends on the market (First Research, 2014). In reviewing the literature on Small business owners, I would say that the business strategies are different in large companies than small business owners. Specifically, financial planners are trained to provide planning services. The training is rigorous and focused on technical expertise but does not include marketing techniques or business operations.... [tags: Small business, Business, Management]
1246 words (3.6 pages)
- In the United States, small businesses play a vital role in building the economy. Today, there are over 28 million small businesses in America. What exactly is considered to be a small business. Initially, the Small Business Administration (SBA) deemed any manufacturer with 250 employees or less to be a small business, but today it considers companies with fewer than 500 employees to be small. Today’s marketplace is an excellent opportunity for the budding entrepreneur. Today’s small business owner has a wealth of opportunities to help him/her gain economic success in today’s marketplace.... [tags: Business, Small business, Management]
1516 words (4.3 pages)
- Executives used to imagine their companies as the center of a solar system orbited by suppliers and customers. The Internet is changing that dramatically. Now the customer is becoming the center of the entire business universe. E-commerce relates to that part of e-business that includes transactions that involve money. The larger concept of e-business, however, goes well beyond buying and selling items on the Internet. E-business is about using information, technology, and resources to conduct business online.... [tags: Business Internet Argumentative Essays]
1833 words (5.2 pages)