Julian has become emotionally dependent on alcohol and abuses the sustenance. Julian has displayed distinctive signs of alcoholism, such as drinking copious amounts of Corona and Bud Light beers, to harder liquor such as Jack Daniel’s whiskey, and Smirnoff vodka. Julian has been known to dri...
... middle of paper ...
...program to detoxify himself from alcohol; however, the rehabilitation facilities are far too expensive for the family. The most basic and cheapest inpatient rehab program can range anywhere from $2,000 to $7,00 in which patients live in a full-time facility while participating in a recovery program for 30-days. The program consists of daily and nightly meetings for alcoholics anonymous, daily chores, intake, assessment, and evaluation, and 24-hour supervision (Brande).
Laura does not wish to brake up the family; however, she has given Julian numerous chances to detoxify himself and sober up, but Julian relapses each and every time. Laura has talked with Julian about his drinking habits and begged him to change his ways, but to no avail he cannot quit. Unfortunately, Julian is too dependent upon the toxic substance that he cannot give it up for the sake of his family.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- It has been sometime since I have reflected on just who it is that I am, and what It is that I like and what makes me, Me. Given that we are on the brink of a brand new year there doesn’t seem to be a more perfect time for reflection. My name is xxx, and like many I am a very busy single mother of two beautiful teenage children. When I say beautiful I mean it, this is not a biased mother speaking here. They are just as beautiful on the inside as they are on the outside. My daughter a 16 year old sophomore basketball star and 14 year old son who seems’ to make it his daily goal drive me nuts.... [tags: single parents, biography, ]
712 words (2 pages)
- My mother became pregnant at a very young age; she was only sixteen, still in high school, and still considered a baby herself. She was young and in love with my football player popular father. My father was the popular high school kid whom the entire population of girls wanted. Now my mom was more of the shy, artistic type of person and she was not interested in becoming popular, because of this it seemed like an unusual pair to the rest of the students. Nevertheless, that did not matter to them, they were in love and nothing was going to break that.... [tags: Mother, Parent, Father, Family]
1403 words (4 pages)
- When I was about four years old my dad divorced my mom. I grew up in a single parent household. They eventually got back together but it wasn’t until I was in middle school. This is a sad but frequent occurrence in the United States. Today there are approximately 13.7 million single parents in the United States (Wolf 1). Kids who grow up in a single parent family household are viewed as different. The concept of being raised by one parent is weird and awkward to many people but over the years it has become the standard.... [tags: Family, Mother, Father]
1180 words (3.4 pages)
- Imagine your six year old daughter; come to you to ask you “why did daddy leave us”. How do you explain. This is all too familiar to many families around the world, just so happened this is my story. The life of been a single mom is far too common today. Of all single-parent families in the U.S., it’s sad to say that single mothers are considered the majority. After a few life changing events, such as the divorce from my husband lead me to this positions now I found myself included into this majority.... [tags: Marriage, Family, Money, Credit card]
1236 words (3.5 pages)
- No tradition involving a single food stands out in my memory, but every Sunday the entire family, aunts, uncles, cousins gathered at Grandma’s. Grandma Powell’s kitchen was the hub of activity. With up to 25 people in the house at one time it seemed that if you were not in the kitchen at some point you missed everything that happened. My mother and her brothers always told stories about their adventures. Always hilarious. Conversations circled ‘round often and if you missed the story, you missed the joke, forever.... [tags: Family, Grandparent, Cakes, Cake]
763 words (2.2 pages)
- ... The second tip is also indispensably truthful, but more and more couples are experimenting sex without any sort of protection which periodically results in that unwanted pregnancy or how most people refer to it today, "an accident." Single parenthood is an epidemic that will bypass any tip regarding sex and marriage. This tells us that it could happen to anybody no matter the circumstance. Even those children who are "planned" still face the risk of single parenthood. They could end up being raised by one parent because the marriage no longer worked.... [tags: financial, help, work, watch]
1298 words (3.7 pages)
- "The Border Chronicles" is a series that was written by Bertrice Small, an author of historical romance and erotica, that has appeared on many different best seller lists in her long career. She is also considered the queen of historical fiction, and writes with an erotica and earthy style. The series takes place in the English and Scottish borderlands before and during the Tudors period. The main character of the first book is Adair Radcliffe, stubborn, beautiful, the bastard daughter of Edward IV and countess of Stanton.... [tags: Love, Romance, Romance novel, Romance]
1034 words (3 pages)
- The place was quiet...as quiet as it was cold. There were no fancy lights adorning the shabby little cabin, but newspapers and used cardboards sealed the cracks and holes that plagued its wooden walls. There was no laughter of merry family members sitting around a sumptuous meal celebrating the season. But in the dark and tiny kitchen stood an empty, scratch infested table that hadn't had the company of its masters since the summer that had just passed. Just beside the kitchen, in a room barely lit by a single light bulb that hung loosely from the ceiling, were two people quietly sitting on a bed.... [tags: Dialogue Essays]
1899 words (5.4 pages)
- Children growing up in the United States come from different homes yet, all experience and understand the meaning of family. Some children grow up with in single parent family, or with a mother and father. Family is a big part of their lives and beliefs. Researchers bring forth evidences, that being brought up by one parent can physically and mentally destroy a child’s future. Growing up in any type of family can affect a child’s life emotionally, physically, and socially. Children can still be successful in life regardless of being raise by either a single or joint family.... [tags: Family Issues]
1786 words (5.1 pages)
- Lance Armstrong grew up without his father along with Bill Clinton, Gene Simmons, and Barack Obama. These men are political, economic, and admirable figures all over the world. They show leadership and confidence. These single parents taught their children routines, discipline, and authority. Raising a child with proper care and emotional connection is extremely hard to do when dealing with equal rights among parents. A mother or a father should not co parent if it could harm their child’s present being or future being.... [tags: equal rights, attachment]
1355 words (3.9 pages)
- Ethics And Social Responsibility : Project Management
- A Comprehensive Drug Abuse Treatment Program
- Walmart 's Five Forces : Walmart
- Key Process Of Obtaining A Small Business Loan
- United States And Mexico Has Been An Unusual Experience
- Development Of Stereotypes By Jean Piaget 's Stages Of Cognitive Development