After tracking my behavior for a week I found that I used social media most when I was alone and or bored. For example when I was on the bus for a couple hours, on the T, just walking to class, or eating when I wasn’t around other people. I noticed when I had an assignment due very soon or I was with my friends or with my boyfriend during the weekend I hardly touched social media at all because I was entertained with something else the whole time I didn 't bother looking at my phone. I tend to go on the apps a lot just to pass time or avoid an awkward situation. I also found that if I check one app I usually check most of them as well. I’m on apps for just a couple minutes far more often than bei...
... middle of paper ...
...ion if used the right way. If your friends or family are messaging you or tagging you in things they want you to see you are more likely to visit that page they showed you and message them back. If you ignore all their messages you might hurt their feeling so you feel required to go on social media when people want to communicate with you. This affected me while tracking my behavior because their was a tragedy that happened in the past week back where I went to high school and I found out about it through Facebook and found myself checking into Facebook more often primarily to see updates and see what people from my high school were saying about the situation. This just shows how helpful social media is in the sense of bringing people together during a time of need that were once very close and are now are scattered across the country studying at different colleges.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- It was due to my anti-social tendencies that I discovered what the app Whisper is. Being an abnormal teenager who doesn 't participate in frequent normal teen activities of: drinking, smoking, partying, having any friends, or just going out to eat, I found myself bound to socializing on the internet anonymously. That was the appeal of Whisper it was confidential, including the option to delete everything as well as uninstall it whenever needed. This is my ordinary world as well as an example of my complete unawareness of what fate has in store for my future.... [tags: Love]
1250 words (3.6 pages)
- 1. INTRODUCTION Xiaomi is a privately owned company that designs, develops, and sells smartphones, apps, and consumer electronics. Cofounded by eight partners on April 6, 2001, the company officially launched its first android based firmware, MIUI on August 16, 2010. It also announced its Mi1 smartphone in August 2011 and later on launched its first Mi2 smartphone in August 2012. Xiaomi gained a big market share in Mainland China since the release of its first smartphone. Gradually it expanded itself and started developing wider range of consumer electronics.... [tags: Smartphone, IPhone, Windows Mobile, Smartphones]
1392 words (4 pages)
- I have now learned to speak up when I have a point to make and when I need to explain myself. This business did a very good job at trying their best to get my ideas out on the table. I have taken a lot of criticism at first when the social media pages weren’t getting action. It was hard to receive, especially from my uncle, but I didn’t give up and thought of different ways to make us different then other pages. As more ideas came to me and as I tried them we finally started to see some conversations flowing and interactions happening through social media.... [tags: Communication, Graphic communication, Media]
1460 words (4.2 pages)
- Modern times have been marked by the increase in availability of technology, with smartphones, such as the iPhone and Android, dominating the mobile phone market. The attraction of smartphones stems from the ability to download software, known as applications (apps), directly into the phone. This allows users to customize the functions of their devices to a more accessible for their own personal needs and wants. Many of these apps act as shortcuts to a person’s online social networking account and are, accordingly, considered social media apps.... [tags: Facebook, Social network service, MySpace]
753 words (2.2 pages)
- UCSD DEPARTMENT OF PSYCHOLOGY BA/BS HONORS PROGRAM APPLICATION SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS: (Please respond to all questions, using a maximum of 1,000 words total on a typed separate sheet) Briefly describe your reasons for applying to the honors program. I am applying to this program to achieve my utmost potential. Only the brightest psych majors go through this program, and that is what I aspire to be. With the proper training, mentors, ability,community and help, I can become my ideal self.... [tags: Psychology, Cognition, Cognitive science]
1023 words (2.9 pages)
- “We’ve come along way Baby” seems to be a cliché that fits well concerning how far we have come in a relatively short period in regard to computers, the technology surrounding them and how they are used for communication. It took around one hundred years to get from the telegraph to the telephone. It was less than 50 years later that the first computer was being programmed for use. Computers evolved over the next 75 years to become a key component in how we communicate to others and to the world at large.... [tags: Social Networking, Facebook 2014]
910 words (2.6 pages)
- Recent advancements in technology have created a new form of communication. We call this new type of communication social media. Some of the big names in social media are Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat and Instagram. Most people today use some form of social media on a daily basis. Social media is most popular amongst adolescents. According to a poll conducted by Infographic, nine out of ten teenagers have used social media. Whenever a new technological advancement occurs there is concern over how it will affect society.... [tags: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube]
910 words (2.6 pages)
- Brian Provenza PSC 101 12/4/14 Prof Spinello Shoot Em Up It seems that in recent years there have been many changes. From economics, to environment, to technology, and to education. I am only 24 years old and I have seen some very dramatic changes just in my lifetime. An example of one the more notable changes it how kids are today, versus when I was in elementary school. I got my first cell phone when I was in 8th grade. Now, it’s hard to spot a kid without an iPad or smart phone lighting up their face.... [tags: Vaccine, Vaccination, Autism, Edward Jenner]
1609 words (4.6 pages)
- A few decades ago, life cannot be considered to be as easy as it is today. Back then, there were no smart phones and using the Internet was for the privileged. All that has changed with the Internet becoming “a basic human need” and the emergence of better smart phones now and then becoming a normal phenomenon. These two factors have facilitated the surfacing and the popularity of apps, short for application. Apps are programs that can be downloaded for free or for purchase, on smartphones, tablets, and computers.... [tags: Mobile phone, Smartphone, Communication]
1387 words (4 pages)
- Identity Theft Through Social Media Identity thieves are now making their way through social media sites, targeting more innocent people than ever . There are four major way 's peoples identity 's are at risk with the use of social media , these risks include general information ,facial recognition ,status updates ,and internet invitations ,these are the major way 's identity theft is made possible through social media. The first way identity thieves are stealing others identities through social media, is simply by looking at a person 's general information .... [tags: Identity theft, Theft, Facebook, Twitter]
1204 words (3.4 pages)