Over the past two years, efficiency has decreased 15% at JBL Entreprises leading to an increase in costs. Analysis of the 2011 employee survey identified motivation has being one of the contributing factors to the reduced efficiency. In order to solve the problem, we recommend the implementation of a two-step motivational program based on the characteristics of Transformational Leadership Theory (TLT).
The Transformational Leadership Theory
The basic idea behind the TLT is that a good leader will cultivate good relationships with his subordinates. In order to do that, Bass (1985) proposed four characteristics a manager must exhibit to be an effective leader. These characteristics are:
• Leaders must set a clear vision for tomorrow.
• Leaders must always act with authenticity and integrity.
• Leaders must put themself and their team in a growth mindset
• Leader must encourage his employees to share their ideas and embrace creativity.
According to Northouse (2013, p.180), this leadership style should push em...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Overview & Methods Holiday World and Splashin’ Safari is a seasonal theme and water park located in Santa Claus, Indiana. This is also an organization which I have previously worked for six seasons. Having a slogan of “Number 1 for Family Fun!,” Holiday World strives to provide for their guests two affordable theme parks with a fun and family oriented environment. They also pride themselves on having world-class rides and entertainment, free soft drinks, friendly employees, immaculately clean grounds, and providing outstanding service.... [tags: rewards, promotions, performance]
1611 words (4.6 pages)
- I would like to discuss some of the motivational strategies that I will be using in my classroom. The motivational strategy that I will discuss is student self-efficacy. According to (Schunk, 1991) Self- Efficacy Theory refers to an individual ‘s judgment of his or her capabilities to perform given actions. Students are more likely to be motivated to attempt tasks in which they believe they will be successful, it is essential for us as teachers to provide tasks at the correct level of difficulty and help students to develop appropriate expectation for success.... [tags: Education]
1227 words (3.5 pages)
- Table of Contents Executive Summary 3 1.0 Introduction 4 1.1 How different Accounting Theories relate to real world scenarios? 5 1.2 Bonus plan hypothesis and executive remuneration 6 2.0 Company overview with Remuneration plans 7 2.1 Telstra Corporation Limited 7 2.2 Harvey Norman Holdings Limited 7 2.3 Remuneration plan and the contracting cost 8 3.0 Corporate Amendments and “Say on Pay” 9 3.1 Global Developments of Cooperation Amendments 11 3.2 Pay on Performance link and “First Strike” 11 3.3 Pay on Performance link and “Second Strike” 11 4.0 Conclusion 12 Bibliography 13 Executive Summary This report is based on Pay and Performance links, and whether the respective components o... [tags: Pay and Performance]
2440 words (7 pages)
- The idea that music might be able to increase performance and results at the N.F.L. combine might actually be a possibility. More specifically, listening to music over a loud speaker with a high tempo for ten minutes before and during the 225 pound rep max test for an increase rep performance. Researchers have been studying music since its existence because music has been a part of our culture for as long as it has been around. Kalinowska, and Kułak (2010) confirmed that music has a therapeutic quality to humans.... [tags: tools for better performance]
1146 words (3.3 pages)
- Introduction Human Resource is one of the most vital resources for any multinational organization to support its vertical function. Function is facing several challenges to achieve the high organizational performance by intervening Cross culture. I must explain about what is the Cross Culture. Culture is a large idea and reality its influences make clear about our Individuals, families, communities, professions, industries, organizations and people. Culture is reflected in our language, communication styles, history, religion, Values, notions, ideas and ways of being (Bodley, 1999).... [tags: multination, culture, performances]
2298 words (6.6 pages)
The Purpose of Performance Management and How the Schools Approach May be Influenced by Motivational Theory
- The Purpose of Performance Management and How the Schools Approach May be Influenced by Motivational Theory Performance management examines how and why employees are appraised. All managers are properly trained how to do it. The jobholder's immediate superior carries out performance appraisals. The person who appraises is called the appraiser and the person being appraised is the appraisee. The usual procedure is the appraiser writes an appraisal report of the appraisee, which includes an examination of the strengths and weakness of the employee, the advise given to the employee in relation to the future performance this includes praise for strengths and helpful crit... [tags: Papers]
908 words (2.6 pages)
- Motivation is the force that makes us do things, whether accomplishing personal goals or completing tasks at work. Most people are motivated as a result of their individual needs being satisfied, which gives them the inspiration to perform specific behaviors for which they receive rewards (Kinicki & Williams, 2011). These needs vary from person to person, as everybody has specific needs to be satisfied. When we consider factors that determine the motivation of employees, many of us think of a high salary.... [tags: Business Management ]
1748 words (5 pages)
- At the Squishy Tushy Designer Diaper Company, our motto is “Fashion isn’t just for big people anymore” We carry the latest designs in disposable diaper fashion. Our diapers make a statement with a variety of stylish colors and fashionable fits. We carry low rise, tight fit, hip hugger and our best selling baggy fit. These days we understand that fashion can change in a second and we want you to be prepared. When you show up to that play date and see that you are out of fashion, simply use our patented quick release system to rip that diaper off and throw on the latest design.... [tags: essays research papers]
1826 words (5.2 pages)
- Motivational Theories On October 1st, 2003 Mergers, Inc.'s shareholders approved an acquisition of 123 Insurance. With the upcoming merger the management has expressed concern about the employee's morale and motivation. The management has assigned a team to do a study of our current morale and motivation status here at 123 Insurance. To get an idea on how to address our employee's motivational needs, a survey was created and given to all 123 employees. The survey asked fifteen questions and had the participant rate each one on a varying scale of strongly agree to strongly disagree, while one being strongly degree to five as strongly agree.... [tags: Business Management]
1644 words (4.7 pages)
- Motivational Plan To-A-Tee Screen-Printing is a local t-shirt manufacturing company located here, in Las Vegas, Nevada. This organization provides t-shirt, sweatshirt, and sports hat solutions primarily to retail businesses. The Auto Grill Corporation recently sold the To-A-Tee print shop to a local sole proprietor. Previously, the print shops’ directives were handed down from the corporate office such as how much profit they had to budget for, the types of designs and styles offered by To-A-Tee, and the company policies and procedures that were written for their main locations, retail shops.... [tags: GCSE Business Marketing Coursework]
1249 words (3.6 pages)