In California scents of the environment are part of the lifestyles and in some cases a major attraction for buyers selecting homes in neighborhoods and locations for purchase. Depending on where you are in California, you’ll find scents from ocean breezes, fruit orchards and fields of flowers each one changing your mood, producing a relaxing effect or energizing your spirit.
Scents aren’t just about bringing the outside inside, there are scents created inside of home from daily routines of living in the house that can create these same effects. How about the aroma of freshly baked bread or cookies just coming out of the oven and what about the holidays filled with fragrances of cinnamon, pumpkin and evergreens.
7 scents that work during open houses
Just about every kitchen has lemons and oranges sitting in a basket or bowl. These two scents add a sense of freshness and cleanliness to any room. If you’re using them in the kitchen for an open house, be sure to run a few slices of the rinds in the disposal intensifying the smells. The scents from these two fruits are known for activating a positive mood that’s uplifting for our senses.
Real plants and potpourri fragrances bring an outside atmosphere into a home dur...
... middle of paper ...
... Add some warmth to the scent by leaving a bottle of vanilla sitting on the counter, tucked away. Set up a couple of coffee cups and complete the vision, letting the buyer create the image of sitting in your home with their hands wrapped around a warm cup of coffee
Every season throughout the year has its own character with each of us holding fond memories, so using scents to trigger these happy moods work during an open house. The fresh scent of pine recreates the merriment of Christmas as interested buyers enter your home. The aromas of baking pumpkin pies and or hot teas generate warmth that’s unique to each of us with a feeling of being home. Simply boil some water on the stove, add cinnamon and cloves and let it simmer for a few hours. You can find fresh pine cones at the local store or use a hotpot adding the scents of vanilla, cinnamon to the home.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- As a seller open house should present your home at its best. One method of making your home inviting to buyers is to add scents throughout the rooms of the home. The ability to smell is one of our most engaging senses. It immediately triggers emotions and memories recreating images in our minds with very little effort. Our reaction to these pleasant scents is taking a deep breath causing a calming effect relaxing our bodies and mind. During open houses it’s a reaction sellers want, it generates a sense of home for the potential buyer heightening a natural attraction to your home.... [tags: Odor, Olfaction, Aroma compound, Plant]
1005 words (2.9 pages)
- What Canmore Sellers should know about todays market The real estate market has become fast and furious business, especially in Canmore. Many are times when property owners expect to make a quick sale when the Canmore market represents high demand with low inventory. While some laugh all the way to the bank, especially those who engage professional Canmore Realtor, there are those home owners who are faced with the challenge of pricing and marketing their home to sell quickly. This article is about What Canmore Sellers should know about todays market to ensure a smooth, profitable and quick property sale.... [tags: Real estate, Real estate appraisal, Property]
1026 words (2.9 pages)
- Buying a first home is very important and should be rewarding in the end. There are steps you should take to ensure your buying experience goes as smooth as possible. You should be an educated consumer, choose a reliable realtor, plan a well developed financial plan, and establish credit. These steps and many more will help pick the almost perfect first home. When planning to buy your first home, don’t jump to open houses or appointments with sellers. You want to be an educated consumer and clear your head of common assumptions about real estate.... [tags: Informative Essay]
955 words (2.7 pages)
- ... Based on these ratios an assessment of the company’s performance will be given. Figure 1.1 show how financially successful Google is in profitability, liquidity, leverage and activity, however some recommendation for collection as well as cash- in excess are as follow. Google hold too much cash in excess that should be either put to invest, or use for returns to stockholders as a decrease in a period of 5 years has happened for an average of .79% per year. IN addition, Google should use cash-in excess to create an attractive social media like Facebook, who is almost neck to neck with Google.... [tags: Google, Web search engine, Google services]
1158 words (3.3 pages)
- “He speaks about his writing with such a passion” says one critic when discussing his thoughts about John Boyne (John Boyne the Absolutist/Writing). The multi-award winning author has written nine novels and four children’s books. He also has around seventy short stories. His novels are written in forty-six different languages including Brail. He is dedicated to his work and has been all of his life. There are no signs of him stopping anytime soon. John Boyne was born on April 30th, 1971 in Dublin, Ireland.... [tags: best seller, writer, irish author]
864 words (2.5 pages)
- In Edith Wharton’s first major work, The Decoration of Houses, she states that “the impression produced by a landscape, a street or a house should always, to the novelist, be an event in the history of the soul” (qtd. in Falk 23). Later in her Pulitzer-winning novel The Age of Innocence, Wharton uses her knowledge and love of architecture to develop her characters, as she had previously deemed important. Thus, she takes style of houses, their design, and their European or American identification into consideration and depicts characteristics of the New York society and the major characters.... [tags: Literary Analysis, Edith Wharton]
1867 words (5.3 pages)
- How is our character revealed through our interaction with the natural world around us. Do we adapt to fit in with nature, or do we force the landscape to conform to our ideals of lifestyle. In the short story “The Shining Houses”, Alice Munro addresses the contrast in lifestyle ideologies between two generations through their interactions with the natural environment they populate. The older generation is content to live in harmony with the existing natural world and develop its infrastructure amongst the present landscape.... [tags: The Shining Houses]
677 words (1.9 pages)
- For many people, the most beautiful houses are the first factor to choose before you make a decision to live in. You may think about the houses are good functions, large spaces, many rooms, and convenient transportation. For example, birds built their own homes in the trees because they need good places where they can protect themselves from predators. They also need is a good location for habitation. For me, my home is not just a house. It signifies past, where I grew up, and became an adult. First of all, home is where my history began.... [tags: Family, Mother, Father, Sibling]
1135 words (3.2 pages)
- While investigating this subject and trying to figure out ways to “creatively solve the foreclosure crisis”, I began asking questions. What are the causes of these foreclosures. Where these foreclosures unavoidable. How will all this affect me. Are there opportunities for other people to benefit from all these foreclosures. A few years ago, there were several sub-prime mortgage defaults. People lied about their income in order to get a loan. The loan brokers in many instances did not even bother to verify their income, did not require down payments, and eventually made some very bad loans that really could never be paid back.... [tags: Foreclosures,]
1100 words (3.1 pages)
- Even before federation, our country had adopted and used a Democratic system of government. Democracy has played a major role in our system of government as it has developed over the decades since it was brought to Australian shores by the English and the first democratic parliaments were created. Over time Democracy has grown stronger as this system became the foundation of our society. Democracy in our government must also have an efficient system for it to function properly otherwise the disagreements in parliament and different views on issues in Australia would tear our government apart.... [tags: essays research papers]
1050 words (3 pages)
- American Spending For Public Education
- Military History Has Changed Over The Years
- Case Of Faretta V. California
- Adolescent Development : Children, Adolescents, And The Body Of The Child
- The Terrifying Encounters Of The Night By Elie Wiesel
- Students Should Select A College Or University Based On The Learning Delivery Method