Rebecca and Sam woke up early in the morning and they could hear the birds singing in the tree outside there window. The sun was shining so brightly and the day was so warm. They looked out the window and seen such a beautiful day. They hurried and jumped out of bed and got dressed.
Rebecca and Sam ran down the stairs so quickly that they almost tripped over each other, but they managed to make it in one piece. They started to race to the kitchen to get some breakfast but stopped in the living room to find their mom asleep on the couch again. There was a large bottle on the coffee table with only a small amount of liquid left in it. They knew their mom would not be up today.
Sadly they finished walking to the kitchen. Rebecca and Sam got their own breakfast for the fifth day in a row. Another day of cereal with no milk because mom hadn’t been to the store yet to buy groceries. They both began to miss their dad so much. He had only been gone for two weeks but they were so afraid that they would never see him again and that there mom didn't love them anymore.
As they finished there breakfast, again they could hear the birds singing and it made them smile. They wanted to go to the park today, but their mom wouldn't be able to take them. They knew she wasn't supposed to go alone but the day was so warm and there mom probably wouldn't wake up anyway. So they went upstairs and brushed their hair and teeth. They grabbed there roller skates and then Rebecca and Sam quietly headed back downstairs. They peeked in on their mom again. Yup, still sound asleep.
Quietly Rebecca and Sam walked to the front door. They carefully turned the handle and opened the door. They turned a...
... middle of paper ...
...very sad. Their tummy growled again. Rebecca and Sam decided it was time to go home and eat. They were also worried that there mom might wake up soon and find them gone. So over to the bush they went and retrieved there skates. They sat down and put them on. Again they tied their shoelaces together and flipped their shoes over their shoulders. Rebecca and Sam skated home, all the while thinking of what a wonderful sunny day it had been and how lucky all those people were. Rebecca and Sam felt very sad and very alone.
Rebecca and Sam wished that their mom or dad would spend time with them just like the kids parents did in the park. It makes them feel like they have no one, and are alone. It makes them sad and they have tears running down their faces. They hugged each other and wished that there family could go do something like that together one of these days.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- This Friday, a day to honor those transgender men and women who have lost their lives at the hand of hate, is marked by a number of remembrance events across the globe, but what will take place in the heart of every transgender person, is a moment of reflection on how so very easily they could have been included in the shockingly high death toll. The sad truth is, this personal moment is not exclusive to November 20th. I, like many others, live perpetually is a state of fear of the reaction from those who do not support my identity.... [tags: Transgender, Gender, Woman, Gender identity]
780 words (2.2 pages)
- The story that Jess Walter tells, much like any other novel, is one of joy and sorrow. Lives intersect and separate, people fall into and out of love, and dreams are made and broken. What Walter does with his plot though is quite different. He writes it in a way where the whole book itself relies on the reader’s ability to realize that though some people meet for only a brief amount of time, their dreams and hopes, can hinge on even the briefest moments. Sometimes the characters in the novel have their stories intersect, some in very interesting ways, and other times you see their story as it is and was, just them.... [tags: story and character analysis]
1934 words (5.5 pages)
- Nursing is a beautiful field. People for hundreds of years have been associated with the field of nursing. For the society, they play the role of caregivers; they are admired for the services they provide to the people who are no longer able to help themselves, common people and for the military but they are not paid enough for the effort they put into their work. However, the thing they want most out of their job is respect. In March 2013, I observed my aunt who is a nurse during her night shifts for a week on birth and delivery floor.... [tags: Physician, Patient, Doctor, Nursing]
1652 words (4.7 pages)
- Since early childhood, every girl dreams to be she recognized as special princess of her prince and waits for the most important event in her life, which is a meeting with her charming prince sooner or later. These types of dreams for girls are a fantasy of meeting their prince, and here at this point, the truth should be considered just in key words that sooner or later every girl meets her life partner (prince). For some, this meeting happens very early and sometimes so early that girls could not have time to understand that what is happening and how did they meet their princes.... [tags: Love, Mind]
945 words (2.7 pages)
- Mackey finally could contain himself no longer. His voice was slightly querulous, but he strained to be gentle. "How could you, " began Mackey, "how could you, a mathematician, a man devoted to reason and logical proof... how could you believe that you are being recruited by aliens from outer space to save the world. How could you ... . " Nash looked up at last and fixed Mackey and with an unblinking stare as cool and dispassionate as that of any bird or snake. "Because, " Nash said slowly in his soft, reasonable southern drawl, as if talking to himself "the ideas I had about supernatural beings came to me the same way that my mathematical ideas did.... [tags: Film, Movies Schizophrenia]
2818 words (8.1 pages)
- The small Texas school that I went to had a tradition carried out every year during the eighth-grade graduation: a beautiful gold and green jacket (the school colors) was awarded to the class valedictorian, the student who had maintained the highest grades for eight years. The scholarship jacket had a big gold S on the left front side and your name written in gold letters on the pocket. My oldest sister, Rosie, had won the jacket a few years back, and I fully expected to also. I was fourteen and in the eighth grade.... [tags: Family, Grandparent, Common bean, The Jacket]
2023 words (5.8 pages)
- A beautiful mind explored the real life story of John Nash who was a paranoid schizophrenic. The film was a biographical drama which was released in 2001. Russell Crowe was assigned to portray Mr. Nash and Jennifer Connelly played his wife, Alicia Nash. The film began with him at a ceremony as a graduate student at Princeton University (he was awarded the Carnegie scholarship for mathematics). He met other graduates like himself, but he seemed slightly out of place. He first met his “roommate” (one of the characters he had imagined) Charles Herman while John was settling in.... [tags: Schizophrenia, Mental disorder, A Beautiful Mind]
1290 words (3.7 pages)
- The Film "Life is Beautiful" In the movie 'Life Is Beautiful', a Jewish man and his family are put into a concentration camp during the Holocaust. The movie gives an inside look at the horrors the Jews were faced with during the Holocaust. ?Life Is Beautiful. should be incorporated into a unit on the Holocaust in schools because it shows everything the Jews were faced with, it handles expressing the horrors of the Holocaust without being too graphic, and it would help students get a more personal feeling of what happened to the Jews.... [tags: Movie, Film Essays]
699 words (2 pages)
- Observations Most people would think spending a day at a hospital would be a boring day, but I am not like most people. My day spent at the ProMedica Toledo Hospital, located at 2142 N. Cove Blvd, Toledo, Ohio 43606, was nothing less than extraordinary, especially being in the emergency room. When I walked through the doors on April 26, 2016, I never knew I would be more sure about the career I am pursuing after I left that day. A bubbly and upbeat nurse was quick to greet me. Nurse Kate is a registered nurse in the state of Ohio with a BSN and currently working on her Masters.... [tags: Hospital, Patient, Emergency department]
825 words (2.4 pages)
- I woke in morning feeling a bit sad and heartbroken that today would be the day for my last NY Gotham course. I loved waking up every Friday wondering what my next journey or adventure would be, but I knew this day would come just like all great things have an end. During our last class we would be visiting Midtown, which is also seen to many New Yorkers as the heart of city. South of 59th Street to the north of 31st Street is what a local would consider to be Midtown. The area is known for its nightlife, shopping, and other forms of entertainment.... [tags: New York City, Manhattan, Grand Central Terminal]
1043 words (3 pages)
- Christianity in Northern Africa
- Witchcraft in Contemporary African Society
- Comparing Othello and Wuthering Heights
- Comparing and Contrasting The Speckled Band and The Lamb to the Slaughter
- Coping Mechanisms Used for Survival in The Things They Carried
- The Portrayal of Journey in The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn and The Happiest Refugee