My exploratory research will consists of me doing further reading into this topic and to find the exact question for my topic. I will be conducting one to one interviews, focus groups and questionnaire 's with users and health care professionals for my primary research. This will also a be part of my qualitative and quantitative research. find and read published articles and journals on the topic and look at statistics by research already conducted for my secondary research.
I will want to be able to have users of both drugs for interviews, focus groups and questionnaires, ideally I would like to have at least 20 participants of users for this research. I would like a equal number of both genders to see who are more likely to consume the drug and the different effects (if any) on the different genders and to make it a fair investigation and from the ages of 15 up to 24. I have chosen this age because I would like to focus more on the younger generation as synthetic cannabinoids are significantly popular with young adolescents. Also I would like to have health care professionals involved, ideally about 10.
This research will be solely used for this investigative project, I will explain this to my participants and keep all of the information confidential. It will give me an understanding from not only the medical health care side but also from the users. I think it is important to have an understanding of both sides to carry out this investigative project. It will also help me to conclude my findings.
There will be plenty of various skills ...
... middle of paper ...
...tion skills and lack of time could also effect the project.
This investigative project will help me develop my interests and future career in many ways. I am deeply interested in substance misuse, so doing this project will give me a chance to gain more knowledge towards this subject area. This will also help towards starting my university degree as it will give me experience as an independent learner, this in turn will help towards my future career as a mental health nurse in which I need a degree to become a qualified. Due to this being the area I hope to specialise in, the investigative project will give me insight into substance misuse. I feel like with this project it will give me a foundation and will give me experience into the heart of substance misuse. There fore, you could say, ridding me of some naivety some people would have about this specific subject.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Types of Study Research One particular case in point is, the actual fact in which the term research ' is definitely implemented incorrectly applied. Effective suggestions are generally in which recognize erroneous utilization that belongs towards the phrase is comprised of such conditions as, acquiring critical information as well as particulars or significant facts without requiring a specific function ', to make certain essential information to consider as a possible component of assessment, it should be centered on an impartial) in addition to that, rebuilding not to mention reordering important information together with data or perhaps knowledge with no need of understanding (Sekaran, 20... [tags: Scientific method, Research, Science, Hypothesis]
1639 words (4.7 pages)
- Synthesis Paper 3 research is conducted by all types of business, companies and organizations to gain information about products and different topics. Also, it was brought to Rose’s attention that behavioral science had four goals: description of behavior, prediction of behavior, determining the causes of behavior, and explanation of behavior (Cozby and Bates 2012). Rose learned about the APA style in the first module, and the information was a great help in writing her first paper. She learned how to set up the paper with a title page, abstract, body and bibliography.... [tags: Research, Scientific method, Psychology]
1055 words (3 pages)
- Main Question Post: Discussion 5 Introduction A research design is a benchmark utilized in planning, implementation, and exploring a study, and blueprint for solving the research question or hypothesis. According to Polit and Beck (2017), in research study arrays of research questions and hypothesis mandates research designs that differs hence it is imperative for the scholar-researchers to have a comprehensive knowledge base related to arrays of research designs accessible. Research designs are usually categorized as quantitative or else qualitative, lately, research scholars are now collectively changing to blending research designs of both quantitative and qualitative.... [tags: Scientific method, Research]
911 words (2.6 pages)
- Many describe Quantitative research method as the oldest form of social research and trusted by most researchers as they believe that anything that has been proven with the help of numbers cannot be wrong (Alston & Bowles, 2012, p. 10). Basically Quantitative method deals with numbers, the researcher 's own presence is minimal and has deductive approach. It is most commonly used when, one began with a Hypothesis and that needed to confirm or reconfirm through research. It is a type of research in which the researcher decide what to study, ask specific questions, collects quantifiable data, analysis these data and conducts the enquiry in an objective manner.... [tags: Scientific method, Qualitative research]
1265 words (3.6 pages)
- This research is targeting the population which are citizens eligible to vote, in this case above the age of 18. There are a mix of Qualitative and quantitative research. About 8 focus groups of sizes Between 6-8 will be conducted at the electoral commission. A couple Of depth interviews will be conducted. The profile of these participants Are citizens eligible to vote. They are picked at random. These research Methods provide a rich insight to the research problem. On the other hand, quantitative research is as important as qualitative research.... [tags: Voting Research Study Australia]
1666 words (4.8 pages)
- Introduction Scientific research is a variety of methods to help investigate ways to solve problems and find causes and effects of different information. Zmatana. K (2012) brings forth the argument that for research to be classified as scientific it needs a set of guidelines, protocols and long established methods to gather documenting information. Reliability is defined as how frequent a research can yield the same or similar results. Validity is how a research paints a real picture of the real world by including thoughts and feelings of answers and results given.... [tags: Scientific method, Qualitative research]
1390 words (4 pages)
- I will use various forms of research in this investigative project including the named research above exploratory, primary, secondary, qualitative and quantitative research. My exploratory research will consists of me doing further reading into this topic and to find the exact question for my topic. I will be conducting one to one interviews, focus groups and questionnaire 's with users and health care professionals for my primary research. This will also a be part of my qualitative and quantitative research.... [tags: Qualitative research, Research, Psychology]
1000 words (2.9 pages)
- Quality Research The topic of research has yielded a multitude of definitions and theories as to what it truly is. One just needs to conduct a simple search via the internet to see how vast the responses for definitions are. One key term that is repeated in many of the definitions is systematic. Cottrell and McKenzie (2011) state their definition as: “a systematic investigation involving the analysis of collected information or data that ultimately is used to enhance health education knowledge or practice and answers one or more questions about a health-related theory, behavior, or phenomenon” (p.... [tags: Scientific method, Research, Data analysis]
1651 words (4.7 pages)
- Research Assistant is an important job and I am not very confident in my research skills yet, but the first research assistant task I feel I can do is the score and/or code the collected data, enter them into a spreadsheet or statistical analysis program. I feel I can score and code because ever since I watched a soccer or football game with my dad, I always kept saving the scores for each team in my head and keep track of the game. The other research assistant job I like is to conduct literature searches using resources like PsyclNFP,Google Scholar, and Social Sciences citation Index;search my local library database for books and periodicals; make copies of articles available; order unavail... [tags: Psychology, Time, Research, Scientific method]
1103 words (3.2 pages)
- 1) Empirical study-a study that uses tangible observations. The data collected comes from physical means that are concrete and use the senses to gather data. (McMillian, 2016, p.7) Example: Empirical studies can be quantitative or qualitative; in research involving retention efforts they will be empirical studies conducted to gather data. 2) Theory- is an educated assumption that explains how, what we as researchers examine relate to each other. It creates meaning from the information gathered. McMillian, 2016, p.7) Example: When observing different retention efforts I will develop a theory of why they are successful and how they help retain students.... [tags: Scientific method, Research, Qualitative research]
1321 words (3.8 pages)
- Teaching As A Teacher, And I Work
- Impact Of Technology On The Environment
- Environmental Destruction And Its Effects On The Human Population
- Analysis Of Avante Garde And Its Effect On The Consumer 's Mind
- Tattooing : The Art Of Tattooing
- Communication Apprehension And Its Effects On The Life Of The Person Who Suffers From It