For my findings I went through my sources and looked at the chapters and sections on topics that I wanted to improve upon. These topics were stress management, time management, relaxation techniques, and how to procrastinate less. There are many tips that found and that I plan to use in the future. One of the strategies that I will implement in the future is to prioritize what I have to do. Both The Study Skills Guide and Study Skills Strategies provides a chart that helps order your priorities. The Study Skills Guide suggests that you order your priorities from 1 to 10. 1 being the most important and ten being the least important (Connelly, Forsyth 14). Study Skills Strategies breaks priorities up into categories labeled: school, work, personal, and goals. For each categ...
... middle of paper ...
...ween need to relax for extended periods of time and just being lazy and not being productive? A similar question is: How do you know when you are taking much needed time to unwind or procrastinating doing work? Those are questions that I really want to answer because I have a hard time distinguishing relaxation time from when I am procrastinating.
What I have found is just a beginning. These are practices that I plan to implement in the future-ideally next semester. This is also by no means a perfect system. I am simply trying to find ways to improve my relaxation and time management skills. I picked out what I think is useful to me. I might possibly go back to these sources for other information in the future when I have more free time, like Christmas break. Learning how to manage my time and my stress is going to be a life-long process. This is just the beginning.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Purchasing a distressed property and turning it into a gem that you can be proud of begins with a confident investor, willing to take a risk, and a confident project manager, willing to diligently plan and efficiently coordinate the project. In the next few paragraphs I will effectively analyze and outline a scenario to utilize a budget of $150,000 towards a distressed property. There is certainly an opportunity to make a large monetary profit and maximize the return on investment. But if this project is approached correctly there is an opportunity to include an even greater gain: to leave a beneficial, green footprint on the community.... [tags: Project Proposal]
2043 words (5.8 pages)
- College Mentors In college there were two teachers that sharpened me into finding my passion for research. First, Julie Collins-Dogrul was my advisor within my major, she herself was new to the school my first year. She was an adjunct professor whose passion for research was evident from the first class I ever took with her, Soc. 100. It was supposed to be an introduction to Sociology, but it was intense, we had to conduct interviews, create a research paper and analyze results. I didn’t do to well, but I enjoyed the class enough to know that I should at least attempt another shot at Sociology.... [tags: Qualitative research, Research]
1285 words (3.7 pages)
- A recent research project executed by Jihan Raja Mahmoud, MSN, PHD, shows that young college students “experience increased levels of depression, anxiety and stress.” The purpose of this research was to investigate depression, anxiety and stress in the young college students and determine their relative contribution to each of those three mental health conditions. They examined coping styles, life satisfaction and demographics to predict levels depression, anxiety and stress. They surveyed “508 undergraduate students ranging from the ages 18-24.” In the United States, “40 million American adults suffer from anxiety and 75% of them experience their first episode by age 22” (Anxiety Disorder... [tags: Anxiety, Psychology, Anxiety disorder]
1298 words (3.7 pages)
- This class has been incredibly interesting and informative. In fact, this class is quite possibly the best English class I have had. This class could have very easily been composed of writing boring, meaningless essay after boring, meaningless essay; almost every English class I’ve taken so far has been exactly that. But this class wasn’t. For once, this was an English class centered around the students, teaching them the material in a way which they would find engaging and interesting as opposed to force-feeding them raw material and pressuring them to adapt to the way the material is being taught.... [tags: Rhetoric, Education, Student, University]
759 words (2.2 pages)
- I was originally nervous about taking a qualitative methods class, and I was terrified of conducting a large, mock research project. It seemed to be a daunting task for such a brief moment in time. How was I to select a project topic. How was I going to be able to conduct the research exercises. How was I going to make and present meaning. I wanted to create a project that was personal to me and, yet, mattered to the world. As a former student affairs professional, I was interested in working with a population where I invest most of my time—college students.... [tags: Race, Black people, White people, Research]
1339 words (3.8 pages)
- Education is the most powerful investment to ourselves and the future world. College is a great example of why it is the best investment to our economy. Unfortunately, only 65.9% of high school graduates enroll in college. There are many reasons why students do not attend college, but the main reason that is unacceptable is lack of funds. This is the main reason why many students don 't continue their education and instead they start working to have an easy life. In order to support student to follow their dreams of acquiring a career we came out with the idea of providing a scholarship for students who does not have sufficient funds to obtain a higher education.... [tags: High school, Education, College, Higher education]
729 words (2.1 pages)
- Throughout the Blugold Seminar I had many struggles and I had many academic triumphs through the many projects that I completed. At the beginning of the class I didn’t know anything about rhetoric or how to establish ethos in writing. By researching many sources, and getting outside help when revising my work I was able to be rhetorically correct, and demonstrate my newfound literacy skills much more effectively than ever before. During the course of writing the essays for my class I learned to point out the weaknesses in my own writing.... [tags: Writing, Rhetoric, Essay, Hoare logic]
1038 words (3 pages)
- Product Assortment The Science Project’s goal is to provide consumers with all the science related products they want. The goal is to not only provide consumers with what they know they want, but also with what they don’t realize they want. Based on this, our product assortment has to include items that will get consumers into the store and products that consumers will buy impulsively when they see them in the store. It is with this strategy in mind, that has caused the development of four broad product categories 1) science projects 2) science equipment 3) science books and DVD’s 4) science novelty items.... [tags: essays research papers]
1796 words (5.1 pages)
- Purchasing a distressed property and turning it into a gem that you can be proud of begins with a confident investor, willing to take a risk, and a confident project manager, willing to diligently plan and efficiently coordinate the project. In the next few paragraphs I will effectively analyze and outline a scenario to utilize a budget of $150,000 towards a distressed property. There is certainly an opportunity to make a large monetary profit and maximize the return on investment. But if this project is approached correctly there is an opportunity to include an even greater gain: to leave a beneficial, green footprint on the community.... [tags: Analyzation, Budget, Profit]
1751 words (5 pages)
- It was the biggest achievement of my entire life when I got accepted to Penn State. Since I arrived in America, I have been acquiring inexhaustible desire to succeed in life. Therefore, I turned the pages in my newly acquired english books to learn about unprecedented amount of American culture, English language, and US history. I think learning about those three things at once helps newcomers [Like me] to get caught up with the norms in american society and also helps them to learn the background of what they are about.... [tags: Abraham Lincoln, American Civil War]
1178 words (3.4 pages)