I started the equine project following my years in the poultry project. My supportive 4-H group helped me get started in the project which brought my club closer together. I have participated for four years and I am still currently involved in this project. With no knowledge or experience with horses, 4-H encouraged me to ke...
... middle of paper ...
...irus. Tragically, Jaxon passed away in 2008 at age 8. For many years the senior members of the Gig Harbor 4-H have worked for this fundraising event. We volunteer to help with the guest checklist and ticket sales/donations. Hopefully, through the efforts of the organization, there will be heightened awareness towards lifesaving vaccinations. Our 4-H club has been honored with the Kiwanis community service award and featured in the local newspaper multiple times. Additionally, I have actively volunteered in the larger community through my high school. I have volunteered at Tidefest, a community arts and crafts festival, for multiple years. I have also been involved in food and clothing drives as well as Walk for ALS. My experiences have inspired me to continue helping others and be actively involved in the community doing something positive in the lives of others.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The purpose of the Common Problem Pedagogy project was to develop a blueprint of sustainable development, focusing on certain economic challenges within Cortland County. Of the three sectors of concentration (agriculture, manufacturing, and public sectors), my group and I partook in extensive research to develop an implementable plan for Cortland County’s agricultural sector. Though the historical and environmental backgrounds were a substantial element to this group project, the economical context will be the focal point of this paper.... [tags: Local food, Sustainability, Monoculture]
889 words (2.5 pages)
- Nutrition, I have learned plays a big part in our life. To be honest I was clueless about how much nutrition affected our everyday lives. I love going to the gym working out, now that I know what should go into my diet I think I will see a lot more improvement. I occasionally follow the latest diet fads because I believed it would be better for my health, but in turn it really hurt more than it helped. This Diet Analysis project has been extremely useful course because I can personally relate to it and can use much of the information learned to my daily routines.... [tags: nutrition, health, calories]
990 words (2.8 pages)
- De-beaking is also called trimming of the beak .Beak trimming mostly done to the egg laying birds so they do not hurt or kill other birds. Birds natural peck at the environment this causes many deaths in the birds that are untrimmed poultry. The trimming of the beak should be about two to three millimeters back from the point of the beak. This should be preformed at the ages of 5-10 days old , 4-6 weeks ,8-12 weeks and they should have a trim up in their adult age . Many people will not de-beaking their birds and the birds will start cannibalism also many people will not do this because afraid of the side effects but the birds will not have any effect unless you do this wrong but if you tak... [tags: beak, wing, trimming, poultry]
594 words (1.7 pages)
- The Manhattan Project The Manhattan Project was a research project, that created the United States first nuclear weapon, and led to its creation of the nuclear department during world War II. The M.A.U.D. group was created in 1940. Also, M.A.U.D was the secret name given to the group and it came from a phrase in a message from Niel Bohr (Cohen). This group produced a report that said that producing a fission bomb was possible to make. James Chadwick, a new member of the British M.A.U.D group, later wrote that at that time he realized that a nuclear bomb was able to be built in his lifetime.... [tags: Nuclear weapon, Manhattan Project]
1563 words (4.5 pages)
- As we see that there are more five additional activities that are been added to the Gantt chart, where the new project start with the internal research on cloud computing with other teams under the Environment Technologies Program has been developing a schedule and many others are researching about the cloud computing project. Then we identify the business of giving expert advice to people working in a professional or technical field. Here this function will help in giving the complete information about the project.... [tags: Project management, Management, PRINCE2, Cost]
1055 words (3 pages)
- Joint R&D projects in their development and organization are supported within a network structure, that is, in a set of partners connected by a set of ties (Borgatti and Halgin, 2011). The partners can be firms and institutions of at least four different countries national or international firms and institutions, and the ties that connect partners serve as the “pipes” through which information flows (Podolny, 2001). Joint R&D projects, therefore, constitute a network structure in which each partner is considered a node of the network, and network ties represent the relationship of collaboration in the development of the joint project.... [tags: joint r&d, network project, diversity]
796 words (2.3 pages)
- The Human Genome Project is an international scientific research project that had one goal: to complete mapping and understanding of all the genes of human beings. A genome is a collection of all your genes and DNA. Every human cell has about 4 thousand genes. The Human Genome Project has many advantages and disadvantages to society. It can help us advance in medicine by early detection of genetic diseases and agriculture by creating more disease resistant animals and plants. However it can also be detrimental, for instance, it may give parents a chance to pick and choose characters their children will inherit.... [tags: Genetics, DNA, Human Genome Project, Human genome]
911 words (2.6 pages)
- Methods For this research project I decided to ask two of my neighbours who are in high school. I enlisted them by going to their house one day after school. I visited them at their house and explained my research project to them and their parents. I gave them a leaflet and one for their parents and asked if they had any questions. Before I left I asked them to contact me via telephone or e-mail if they were interested in participating in the research project. Once they contacted me to say they were interested, I visited them again at their house.... [tags: Qualitative research, Quantitative research]
1459 words (4.2 pages)
- For my research project proposal, the option that I plan to research and write about an author that we read during this semester, but also want to expand on one of my response papers. Since the author I want to focus on my research project, relates to my first response paper. I want to focus my research project on Harriet Jacobs and her text that she wrote. I want to research on the life of Harriet Jacobs, and I think that in her slave narrative, goes into great detail what it is like to be a slave during this time period.... [tags: Writing, Paper, Research and development]
712 words (2 pages)
- The purpose of this report is to provide answers to the questions presented in the research project in the Rasmussen general psychology class. The first question ask was what are the five personality traits according to the prominent five factor model. According to the psychology.suite101 website (Pawlik-Kienlen, 2007) the big five personality traits are as follows: • Conscientiousness - being disciplined, dedicated and organized. This also means being self disciplined and having goals in life and striving to achieve them.... [tags: Research Analysis]
887 words (2.5 pages)