My motivation for pursuing research related to cyber security stems from learning about the challenges of cyber security in my home country Saudi Arabia during my research on cyber security last spring. I aspire to create and develop tools that can safeguard the critical infrastructure of Saudi Arabia such as: electricity grid, oil refineries, retail sector, financial sector etc. In the past 10 years Saudi Arabia has been a target of advanced persistent threats that targeted many critical infrastructure, most famously the cyber espionage attack that targeted Saudi Aramco (the largest energy company in the world). Researching this attack, I discovered that in matter of few hours, more than 35,000 computers were wiped or totally destroyed. Saudi Aramco’s ability to supply 10 % of the world’s oil was rapidly at risk.
I strongly believe that working toward better society in a manner that employs one’s strengths for maximal effect is of the h...
... middle of paper ...
...upport my academic pursuits. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to learn from and collaborate with Howard University in entail faculty.
I have obtained information about the facilities and courses after a detailed study of university websites and have decided to apply to your university for graduate studies. Your university offers an invigorating environment which will give a platform to explore my interests and a definite direction to my goals. I resolve to approach the program with enthusiasm and hard work and use the opportunity to advance my learning optimally. I recognize the fact that at your department, with its commitment to foster intellectual excellence is a remarkably strong and an attractive place to embark up on an academic profession. Being oriented in this direction for a long period, I am confident of contributing my strength towards the same.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Pursuit of knowledge has always been my obsession and the propelling force behind all my achievements. I intend to pursue a Ph.D. in cybersecurity and my career aspiration is to become a professor and a researcher. My research interests include Insider threats, Malware and Botnets, Network security, security of IoT, Cyber warfare, Identity and integrity, social Engineering, physical Infrastructure security, Industrial control system security, usable security, Cybercrime and the underground economy, cybersecurity Risk Management, international corporation on cybercrime and cyber terrorism, end-user security, Economics of information security, Privacy and freedom issues, Soc... [tags: Security, Computer security, Saudi Arabia]
765 words (2.2 pages)
- The cyber security of communications systems is the vulnerability of our communications to information welfare. Communications systems are a critical component of our national security and emergency preparedness resources. Information exchange through voice data, video, and internet connectivity are the major supporting factors and constitute an important part of the overall national critical infrastructure. There are many different jobs within this field that require a broad range of knowledge, skills and abilities.... [tags: Security, National security, Computer security]
1226 words (3.5 pages)
- ... On the same day, United States Secretary of State Hillary Clinton issued a brief statement condemning the attacks. Dmitri Alperovitch, Vice President of Threat Research at cyber security company McAfee, named the attack "Operation Aurora". Research by McAfee Labs discovered that “Aurora” was part of the file path on the attacker’s machine that was included in two of the malware binaries McAfee said were associated with the attack. "We believe the name was the internal name the attacker(s) gave to this operation," McAfee Chief Technology Officer George Kurtz stated.... [tags: modern technology, security breaches]
1071 words (3.1 pages)
- Weaknesses to mistreatment in contemporarymainframes are wide-ranging. They variant from weaknesses of internet server which permitthe hackers or assailantsto command the internet server to a cultured lateral network that uses stuff like packet technique or immediate control depletion to collect private and trustworthy material from cyber security computersystems. Vulnerabilities or weaknesses seem to be in the customer software whois a fellow of an industry that uses it to get their tasks performed.... [tags: hackers, cyber security, softwares]
1270 words (3.6 pages)
- Businesses and people are using Internet for entertainment, e-business and e-commerce, social networking, and communication to the people and business, but there have always been threats to the Internet Security. Internet security is major concern in field of technology, because there are various personal, business and government data on the Internet. Today every businesses and organizations have their own security systems to reach their goals of information security. Internet security systems are created to reduce cyber attack risks, reliability, maintain confidentiality, and compliance with privacy laws and national security laws.... [tags: Security, Computer security, Internet]
962 words (2.7 pages)
- As hackers begin to be a threat to companies and governments a new field of work called cyber security emerged. With this new workforce, companies need more than just Information Technology (I.T) professionals because cyber security includes all realms of Information Technology. To make up for the lack of cyber security professionals academic institutions started implementing cyber security degrees that go by many names such as an Information Security Assurance degree. Although, the relevancy of cyber security degrees are debated, employees with the degree are better prepared for their careers and more valuable to their employers than those without degrees.... [tags: Security, Information security, Computer security]
771 words (2.2 pages)
- Cyber security, also known as information technology security, focuses on protecting computers, networks, programs and data from unintended or unauthorized access, change or destruction. Most aspects of our lives rely on the Internet and computers, including communications (e-mail, cell phones, texting), transportation (traffic control signals, car engine systems, airplane navigation), government (birth or death records, social security, licensing, tax records), finance (bank accounts, loans, electronic paychecks), medicine (equipment, medical records), and education (virtual classrooms, online report cards, research).... [tags: Computer security, Information security, Computer]
1059 words (3 pages)
- A Career in Cyber Security Cyber security is the designing, creating, using, and repairing most technological and mechanical equipment. This includes programing and creating new technology before it is mass produced in order to insure safety and quality. It also cover the use of programs to protect and fix technological and mechanical equipment from malfunctions, viruses, and hackers. Lastly, cyber security includes the repairing and upkeep of most electronically designed systems. This job is important because most of today’s world is entirely made up of system that need to be protected, maintained, and constantly improved.... [tags: Employment, Higher education, Academic degree]
1138 words (3.3 pages)
- Cyber threats have evolved and grown in nature, and complexity, in recent decades; and the intensity increases with each passing day. With advances in technology growing by leaps and bounds, cyber laws become even more important due to ethical and Biblical principles, and the very real threat to mankind. History The Internet’s beginnings stemmed from the US Department of Defenses Advanced Research Projects Agency (ARPA). ARPNET, developed by ARPA in 1969, was the first stable link between multiple computers.... [tags: Computer, Personal computer, Computer security]
1725 words (4.9 pages)
- In my role as the Chief, Security Officer (CSO), I also served as the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) for a SOCOM Task Force, I excelled at working across organizational lines to develop enterprise-level security strategies and security architecture recommendations, I also have extensive experience in collaborating with external organizations, including oversight organizations to address security issues within the enterprise. As the CISO, I developed the security architecture and strategy for the Task Force to accommodate several new mission strategies that required the sharing of specialized intelligence data between several DOD and independent agencies.... [tags: Security, Security guard, Scientific method]
720 words (2.1 pages)