A Research of Same Sex Marriage Legalization
A traditional marriage took on a role of saving men and women from being sinful, sharing love, and of procreation. The institution of marriage has not changed through many years of history. Many people hold the view that regardless of how people enter into matrimony, marriage is a bond between two people that involves responsibility and legalities, as well as commitment and challenge. However, different people have different opinions about marriage. Consequently, not everyone defines the meaning of marriage in a same way.
The cohabitation between two people of the same gender creates same sex marriage. They love, care, and share with each other. They like to involve in a commitment to pursuit marriage life. Legalizing same sex marriage is making same sex cohabitation legal in the society. Gay couples or lesbian couples desire an official recognition from the nation. Therefore, they can complete their relationships responsibly. Homosexuality is always a society concern. For that reason, legalization same sex marriage has been becoming a heavy issue.
Many same sex marriage’s supporters break down the meaning of marriage to explain and convince that everyone should accept and consider gay marriage or lesbian marriage as a traditional marriage. Some of supporters want same sex marriage to pass the law and become legal under legislature. Therefore, they can have benefits that other traditional marriage couples have. Additionally, the Centers for Disease Control’s National Vital Statistics System represent the divorce percentage of same sex couples is slightly lower than opposite sex couples (Aldridge). They mentioned that homosexual couples tend to be more faithful than opposite sex ...
... middle of paper ...
...e styles create different meanings of marriage. However, the fundamental of marriage does not change over years. The same biological reality that creates life is mirrored the anthropological reality that children need a mother and a father. The broken connection between sex and its intended purpose has resulted in dire consequences for society, especially its most vulnerable members, children. Children are human next generation. They need to live in stability and grow up in the best condition. Every day, many conservatives try to raise funds to save and help children avoid poverty. The best ways to support these conservatives are stop pushing children into miserable condition, which cause from same sex marriage couples. After these considerations, should homosexual couples and the defenders have a look back and rethink about what they are fighting and requesting.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- During my research I have discovered very cool findings regarding my research question. First I would like to discuss what exactly same-sex marriage is. Same sex marriage is one either 2 males or 2 females get married. This has been a hot topic in the church and in society in general. I will be discussion a biblical perspective and a sociological perspective on my research question and going through my findings. Before I get into my research findings I would like to discuss some personal experiences that I have dealt with that relate to this topic.... [tags: Same-sex marriage, Marriage, Homosexuality]
1260 words (3.6 pages)
- Primary Research Tool-Same-sex Marriage The sample in this report came from eighteen random business in West Hollywood and Hollywood area. It ranged from local retailers to chains such as Ramada and Starbucks. The sample includes male and female managers, associates, and business owners answering survey questions. The survey included demographic questions such as age, eduction level, sexual orientation, and ethnicity. The survey also had questions on how Proposition 8 could have had an affect on business.... [tags: Review, argumentative, persuasive]
876 words (2.5 pages)
- As of June 26, 2015 the legalization of same sex marriage was passed in over 15 states in the United States of America. Same sex marriage was one of the biggest controversies known world wide due to religious beliefs, personal beliefs, and parental beliefs. Although many can argue why they disagree with same sex marriage, research and personal experience will show why same sex marriage is approved. The number one con of same sex marriage is of course religion. Some believe that if you date of the same sex then you will go to hell.... [tags: Homosexuality, Same-sex marriage, Marriage]
851 words (2.4 pages)
- Why is same-sex marriage a big conflict in today’s society. Why do people oppose it. The world may never know. For many years, there has been a lot of conflict regarding same-sex marriage. It was not until 2015 when same-sex marriage became legalized world-wide. Some states are still outraged with this Supreme Court decision. If the Supreme Court ruled this, then that means that it is harmless and not affecting the American people at all. In my opinion, same-sex marriage is not a crime. Everyone deserves to be happy, regardless of his/her sexual preference.... [tags: Homosexuality, Same-sex marriage, Marriage, LGBT]
1443 words (4.1 pages)
- ... (Pew Research Center) The idea is becoming more normal to society and eventually religious groups will not care to interfere with the rights of the LGBT community thus making America a more equal and open country. Debate over whether gay marriage was against the will of God or made people uncomfortable can now be put down with the help of political and religious leaders speaking up and out. Children are put in foster homes every day and will need homes from loving parents. The adoption process that is already lengthy and difficult can be less stressful if law legally marries the expecting parents.... [tags: Homosexuality, Same-sex marriage, Marriage, LGBT]
1012 words (2.9 pages)
- Same-Sex Marriage Why is same-sex marriage a big conflict in today’s society. Why do people oppose it. The world may never know. For many years, there has been a lot of conflict regarding same-sex marriage. It was not until 2015 when same-sex marriage became legalized world-wide. Some states are still outraged with this Supreme Court decision. If the Supreme Court ruled this, then that means that it is harmless and not affecting the American people at all. In my opinion, same-sex marriage is not a crime.... [tags: Same-sex marriage, Homosexuality, Lesbian, LGBT]
1986 words (5.7 pages)
- There are 5.2 million to 9.5 million U.S. adult citizens that identify themselves as LGBT (Lesbian, Gay. Bisexual, and Transgender). Roughly 3.6 percent of women aged between 18 and older identify as LGBT, as well as 3.3 percent of men. “As many as 2 million to 3.7 million U.S. children under age 18 may have a lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender parent, and about 200,000 are being raised by same-sex couples” (Gates 67). Same-sex marriage is being passed globally. It is acceptable in Argentina, Belgium, Canada, Brazil, France, Denmark, Iceland, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, New Zealand, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, and Uruguay.... [tags: Same-sex marriage, Homosexuality, Marriage]
2539 words (7.3 pages)
- Same-sex Marriage Reformation in Australia The issue regarding same-sex marriage recognition is a reoccurring issue that the Australian government, media, and public have discussed for multiple decades. In the past decade however, the general public and media has become more aware and supportive of the LGBT+ (lesbian gay bi trans) community. The issue often enters the House of Representatives and the Senate, but they are quick to be rejected. There have, however, been some amendments to the law to become more inclusive.... [tags: Same-sex marriage, Marriage, Homosexuality]
1105 words (3.2 pages)
- Same-Sex Marriage is a “significant controversy raging in the US over same-sex marriage, an emotionally charged and highly politicized topic”. Some believe that marriage should be between two people should love themselves it shouldn’t matter what gender they are. That is where Is stand I believe that marriage should be between who ever wants to get married as long as it is not hurting me as an individual. Same-sex marriage has come a long way compared to the 1970 where gay couples couldn’t even apply for a marriage license without getting denied.... [tags: Same-sex marriage, Homosexuality, Marriage]
1538 words (4.4 pages)
- ... An important aspect of this legal marriage is the necessary for Thai society. One cannot deny that it can enhance the social systems of Thailand. In the past, people also believed in the religion as a majority of Thai share more than reliable things. This abstract belief is supposed to affect human’s welfare because Thai people also express their feeling against someone who differed from them. Therefore, the legal marriage of homosexual will be direct access to political power and reduce the sense of different gander in society.... [tags: Same-sex marriage, Marriage, Homosexuality]
1337 words (3.8 pages)