This case involved a “Villa Boys” gang member who spray painted the letters “VBP” on a wooden fence. A second juvenile subject was with him at the time, who acted as a look-out.
Item 1: (1) “Rust-Oleum” can of white spray paint.
A single family home located at the corner of Hammond Street and Marengo Avenue. On the Hammond Street side, the house has a wooden fence along the north side of the property.
On Tuesday, May 17, 2016 at approximately 1956 hours, Officer Reinbold #7400 and I (Officer Guerrero #3310) were dispatched to 1113 Marengo Avenue, in regard to a vandalism that just occurred. Dispatch advised the victim (later identified as Kristyn Cota) saw two male juveniles spray painting her fence. Cota advised dispatch she was following both subjects and they were last seen running southbound on Marengo Avenue, from Hammond Street. The first suspect was described as male Hispanic, approximately 15 years old, wearing a gray shirt and dark colored shorts. The second suspect was described as a male Hispanic, approximately 15 years old, light complexion, wearing a black shirt and black pants.
Officer Widger who was in full police uniform and in a marked police unit was the first unit in the area. As he was traveling Eastbound on Mountain Street, approaching Marengo Avenue, he saw two male subjects (that matched the description given by dispatch) running in a southeast direction through the front yard of a house, located on the Northeast corner of N. Marengo Avenue and Mountain Street. Since both subjects matched the description given, he detained both subjects on Mountain Street, just east of Marengo Avenue. Officer Widger broadcast he had two possible suspects detained. Co...
... middle of paper ...
...ainting the wall or being a look-out for Figueroa. Garcia stated that he was walking westbound on Hammond Street, when he saw Figueroa spray painting the wall. Garcia stated when he was approximately twenty feet away from Figueroa, when he saw a female (Cota) approach Figueroa. Garcia stated Figueroa told him to run away, so he turned around and ran southbound on Marengo Avenue, then eastbound on Mountain Street until he was detained by the police.
Garcia was issued citation #C406194 for PC 594(a) (1). Since Garcia was a juvenile, his mother (Anabel Alba) was also issued citation #C406195. Garcia was subsequently released after booking to his mother. Figueroa was issued citation #C406192 for PC 594(a) (1), with a court date of 06/27/16. He was subsequently released after booking.
I uploaded the recorded interviews into Veri-pic.
Case to Detectives
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Girl and Soldier by Banksy Some of the most recognizable pieces of street art is attributed to one of the most unrecognizable artists of all time. This artist goes under the alias of Banksy. Banksy is a street artist best known for his stenciled spray paint graffiti. He was in an Oscar nominated documentary about street art called, Exit Through the Gift Shop, where he talked to the audience while hiding his face in the shadows. His artwork has appeared in exhibits in Bristol, Los Angeles and New York.... [tags: spray painted stencil, palestinians]
1687 words (4.8 pages)
- On a bloody day of February 14, 1929, seven men laid dead upon a blink of an eye in a garage on North Clark Street (Outlaws, Mobsters & Crooks). These men were not any average men, they were gangsters who despised Al Capone, gangsters who desired power over the city, gangsters known as North Side Gang led by the vicious George Moran. So who shot them, who were all behind this notorious massacre. There is only one person to point fingers to and that is Al Capone, the famous all time American gangster, or also known as Scarface.... [tags: george moran, gang, al capone]
823 words (2.4 pages)
- A married couple may not always be the happiest couple even though it may seem that love is expressed in the relationship. Some marriages are meant to be while some are not. What causes a person to be dissatisfied with their marriage. Or how do external factors play a role on the outcome of a relationship. As for the case in "Holding Things Together" and "The Painted Door"; these short stories have a few similarities, but they also have many contrasting factors to take into consideration on why one couple is successful with there relationship while the other is not.... [tags: Holding Things Together, Painted Door, marriage, ]
704 words (2 pages)
- As i stood there looking at the floor looking at the cracks in the floor the faint car alarm in the distance, people yelling. I looked up the street light flickering where am i . I asked myself and before i could even answer myself i heard “hurry up bro” yelled george i looked down and rushed to him i asked again why are we here . he responded “for the meet up did you forget already” “ no i didn 't forget” but i all i could think of was why would we come here for a meet up of all places, we were bond to get into trouble here where is here.... [tags: Automobile, Debut albums, Thought, 2004 albums]
1090 words (3.1 pages)
- What is a gang. Well according to most gang members, they aren’t a gang, they are a family. Now according to Oxford Dictionaries, a gang is “an organized group of criminals (gangs, n.d.).” Now gangs are known to be violent and having no mercy for others. When a gang is thought of, most people think of either some type of biker gang, or maybe even a gang from the “hood”. Now a group of friends hanging out in school doesn’t seem to differ too much from a gang from just looking at them. This is because they all share the same interest, and they all seem to wear similar clothing.... [tags: Gang, Crime, Criminology]
1836 words (5.2 pages)
- When one hears the word “gangs”, many would start leaving the premises or speak in hushed whispers due to the threats attached to these groups. Some would argue, especially its members, that the perceptions on gangs are exaggerated considering that not all gangs are violent in nature. Regardless of these arguments, many often fear gangs as history and the media portray the violence and chaos brought by these groups when they are in their territories or fighting rival organizations. However, there are several sentiments being raised by people when it comes to the possible impacts of gang membership to the individual who become involved with these gangs.... [tags: Gang, Illegal drug trade, Crime, Mara Salvatrucha]
973 words (2.8 pages)
- Writing as Art in The Painted Bird Three Works Cited The use of art has many functions. It lacks a satisfactory definition and is easier to describe it as a way something is done --“the use of skill and imagination in the creation of aesthetic objects, environments, or experiences that can be shared with others” --rather than what it is. Jerzy Kosinski’s The Painted Bird describes the disasters that befall a six-year-old boy who is separated from his parents and wanders through the primitive Polish-Soviet borderlands during the war.... [tags: Painted Bird Essays]
769 words (2.2 pages)
- Life as a Prostitute in The Painted Cohorts It was a dark, menacing night as she stood there in the shadows. Waiting for the finale of the show that was playing, she glanced toward the exit through which people would soon be leaving. The rich, as patrons of the theatre house, promised her a salary at least for today. Her tattered clothes revealed the effects of personal destitution; the emaciated frame, that presently existed, harked back upon a body she must have once possessed. Driven by poverty to the realms of "painted cohorts," she makes up her face daily, distinguishing her life from the respected (264).... [tags: Painted Cohorts Essays]
2390 words (6.8 pages)
- A firearm is usually the weapon of choice for many gang members due to their compact size and ability to create quickly discharge against their rivals. According to Davis a handgun (1995) “Is an instrument used to impress others in the gang and the community with the group 's ability to act in battle” (p. 130). During this hit up confrontation many times it leads to an exchange of gunfire between rival gangs. The unfortunate part is that too many times during the exchange of gunfire an unintended innocent bystander is hit and many times killed.... [tags: Gang, Crime, Gangs, Prison gang]
912 words (2.6 pages)
- Painting with Spray Paints Painting with spray paint can be an exciting and challenging technique to add to any artist’s repertoire. Spray paint comes in a number of formats, allowing the artist to select tight control or a spontaneous, loose flow of paint. Today’s spray systems are modern advancements on an old technique. Mouth atomizers have been used for many years, and the tools are still available. Technology has taken this to include airbrush systems and canned spray paints. All these tools expand the artist’s ability to create a diverse array of styles and techniques that brushwork could never imitate.... [tags: Art]
1047 words (3 pages)
- The Effect Of Geospatial Intelligence On The Intelligence
- My Senior Project Evaluates How America Has Evolved Since 1492
- William Shakespeare 's The Merchant Of Venice
- Analysis Of ' Dante 's Inferno
- A Raisin Of The Sun
- The Columbian Exchange : How Did The Old And New Worlds Experience Gains And Losses?