One common thread that Marx has seen in capitalist system was the alienation of the lower class to their work. Alienation is a concept most people are familiar with. Most people know of it as being isolated or away from someone or something for a long pe...
... middle of paper ...
...e wage and working conditions made the workers alienated from not only their labor and labor process but alienated from themselves as a human species. The constant greed for a larger surplus value led to these conditions. The workers were at least conscious of their own class but they have a limited voice due to their social status as illegal immigrants. However, the owners have a social consciousness of themselves as capitalists and took full advantage of it by creating associations and groups to further their political interest. All of these elements of Marxism had a direct relationship to the causes and consequences of the working conditions in the nail salon industry. It was a microscopic view of what Marx believed capitalism did to the human species, to the socially stratified classes, and to the Bourgeoisie constant search for surplus affected the proletariat.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Within 21 years, from 1983 to 2004, the sales volume of China's beauty businesses has increased 260 times, according to the country's first annual report on the beauty sector, recently released by Chinese economists. While the traditional beauty sector in China refers mainly to such services as hairdressing, massage and face-lifts by medical means, the modern beauty sector expands to cover the areas of beauty-related education and marketing, the production and research of cosmetics and related instruments, and even includes ornaments, packaging materials as well personal image consultation.... [tags: essays research papers]
710 words (2 pages)
- More than 375,000 nail technicians face possible health hazards everyday (“Health Hazards”). Today’s salons are investing in the latest products. Sanitation is the most important in any salon to prevent disease or injury to cosmetologists and for clients. The ingredients in these hair products are becoming stronger for some clients to handle. Cosmetologists need to understand how to keep ourselves and our clients safe. Tools, implements, and cleaning furniture is the most important. Customers are always going to be coming in and out of the salon.... [tags: nail technicians]
1577 words (4.5 pages)
- Strategic Position and Risk Assessment Business Strategy Shear Essence Salon will be a luxurious beauty salon located in downtown Jacksonville, Oregon. Shear Essence’s objective is to provide our customers with quality hair care in a stylish atmosphere that is not only relaxing but also provides our customers with convenience and great customer service. Shear Essence will be offering “One” complimentary drink of the client’s choice from a list of local fine wines, beers, Pepsi products, water, coffee or tea during their appointment.... [tags: business strategy, restaurant]
1683 words (4.8 pages)
- The Hotel industry has become very important in the past years due to immense traveling and growth of international business. The Hotel industry not only plays an important role in the life of people but as well as the economy of the country. I spent an hour of my day relaxing in the lobby at the Fontainebleau resort in Miami, while on vacation with my family visiting from out of state. It was my first time staying at the resort so I was eager to check it out, after seeing such great reviews on Yelp and hearing great things from friends who have been there in the past.... [tags: Hotel, Resort, The Guest, Concierge]
1042 words (3 pages)
- Management & Organization Key Employees/Principles Shear Essence Salon, LLC is owned by Danielle Stringer, who is currently a beautician at local salon in Medford, OR and the assistant manager. She and has been cutting hair for a couple years now, but has always dreamed of owning her own salon. Recently her grandmother passed away and left Danielle the money she will need to pursue this dream. Danielle graduated from Phagans’ Cosmetology College located in Medford, OR. Phagans offers education to become certified in a career of hair stylist, colorist, and manicurist or nail technician, esthetician, barber, makeup artist or a salon or spa owner (College, 2014).... [tags: Management, Organization, Employees, Principles]
1012 words (2.9 pages)
- ... Almost every website saids that a woman needs to be seventeen years old(age matters). Also a nail technician may need hours to complete the courts(“A nail technician needs 300 hours to be able to get a license(nail)”. Occurrent to another website need from 300 to 600 hours of training to qualify for a license. One of the requirements is the hours you to put to acting what as been learn to be able to see if it can be perform. Where the business is located is a big thing “Different states requires different training hours(state)”.A lot of website that said that different state required different training hours.... [tags: license, job opportunities]
871 words (2.5 pages)
- In 1890’s the Auto motive industry in America started (Wikipedia 2016). The market soon after grew into one of the worlds largest. Americans dominated the industry in the twentieth century, but the blue print for the automobiles was done in Germany and France in the 1800s. By statistics America is the now second largest manufacturer in the world. They have a record of 8-10 million manufactured yearly. In the 1920s the automotive industry in the United States was dominated by 3 companies which included Ford.... [tags: Automotive industry, General Motors, Automobile]
783 words (2.2 pages)
- It is a fact that food is something that all living things need to survive. Organisms obtain food from sunlight, decomposing matter, or living matter to get the nutrients they need. If you are alive, you need food. And this fact is the reason it is so difficult to demonize and criticize the food industry. It provides a necessary service. The increasing population and decreasing farmland has made it so that it is no longer suitable to expect everyone to grow their own food. I myself live in a tiny apartment with four other people, and no balcony.... [tags: Food, Eating, Nutrition, Food industry]
1052 words (3 pages)
- Anywhere you go in the world today, you see women with nails that are painted in so many different colors and designs. Nail polish dates back to the 1920’s when the first modern day nail varnish was invented by the Charles Revson Company. This particular invention has impacted the cosmetics market for women, because every women who wants to be stylish and express themselves in a fun way, buys nail polish. Nail varnishes have many components to make it both safe and user friendly. Some of the chemical components consist of: film forming agents and resins such as nitrocellulose, tosylamide and formaldehyde.... [tags: Cosmetics, Chemistry]
668 words (1.9 pages)
- In the hair salon industry there are salon services and retail products that make up the output. Because the services generate most of the salon’s business that is what I will consider as the final output. Possible services include haircuts, hair colors, perms, etc. There are many things that could affect the supply and demand for these services. People's income is a huge factor. When the economy is down and people are making less money or don't have jobs, the "extras" like highlights and hairstyles are going to be less in demand.... [tags: Business Analysis ]
962 words (2.7 pages)