Country Report: France
Professor Fall Ainina
September 29, 2016
Wright State University
For the Stocktrak assignment, I decided to focus on the country of France. The main reason for this focus is that I was born in Belgium, which is in the EU and right next to France. That factor makes me familiar with most French companies and will be of help when deciding on companies that I want to buy or sell shares from. In this paper, I will analyze France based on factors like political and economic systems, investor rights, currency stability, etc.
First of all, I am going to focus on the French political system. France has transformed from a monarchy to a republic and it has seen a lot of revolutions in the past. Now, under the Fifth Republic, France is a semi-presidential unitary system, which means that there is both a President and a Prime Minister. The separation of powers is provided by the constitution.
Based on its economic system, France is seen as a country with a mixed economic system. This means that its economic system consists of both socialism and capitalism. France has a big private sector including large corporations. The government holds most influence over industries that are technically seen as public and the government controls the distribution of wealth and uses public funds in order to meet certain goals in society.
There are definitely certain trends when looking at France’s economy. More than seventy percent of its GDP comes from the services sector, which makes it a main contributor to the country’s economy. France is a global leader in the manufacturing sector and also in luxury goods. All these factors make France’s economy the sixth largest one in the world...
... middle of paper ...
...actors, I feel like investment in this country can lead to success in both long and short term.
Afep. (2014). Corporate governance: Transparency, Responsibility and Oversight. Retrieved September 27, 2016, from http://www.afep.com
FocusEconomics. (2016). France Economy - GDP, Inflation, CPI and Interest Rate. Retrieved September 28, 2016, from http://www.focus-economics.com/countries/france
Kuepper, J. (2016). A Guide to Investing in France. Retrieved September 28, 2016, from https://www.thebalance.com/a-guide-to-investing-in-france-1979022
Oanda. (2016). France CAC-40 Index. Retrieved September 28, 2016, from https://www.oanda.com/forex-trading/analysis/economic-indicators/euro zone/stocks/france-cac-40-index
Trading Economics. (2016). France CAC 40 Stock Market Index. Retrieved September 25, 2016, from http://www.tradingeconomics.com/france/stock-market
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- INTRODUCTION Michael S. Jeffries, Abercrombie’s CEO, told stock analysts in May that the four-story New York store, which opened in November, has drawn “a very large percentage of international customers, a very large percentage European,” adding, “We are thrilled with what we are learning about running high-volume stores. It gives us huge confidence for the international potential of this brand.” (Abercrombie & Fitch, 2007) Then, Abercrombie & Fitch decided to expand its brand throughout the european market.... [tags: Abercrombie France Market International]
2347 words (6.7 pages)
- France is a country located in western Europe. The capital is Paris and it has a population of approximately 60,424,000. France was one of the many countries impacted by the Cold War and I will be discussing the current state of the country. Today, “France is one of the most modern countries in the world and is a leader among European nations. It plays an influential global role as a permanent member of the United Nations Security Council, NATO, the G-8, the G-20, the EU and other multilateral organizations.... [tags: Economy, Generation]
758 words (2.2 pages)
- Generally speaking, the French political system is special in two ways. First, It is neither a parliamentary system like the British one, where the executive emerges from Parliament, nor a system of separation of powers like the American one, where the President must take account of Congress. The French Fifth Republic is a hybrid system characterized by a Presidency that is oversized in the absence of adequate counterweights. Second, France also differs from most major modern democracies in using two-round single-winner voting rather than one-round (United States, United Kingdom) or proportional representation (continental Europe), which encourages a large number of parties (in the first r... [tags: Revolts, Diversity, Government]
817 words (2.3 pages)
- In 2010, the world population was estimated at 6.9 billion of people. 10,1 million of people were in prison. It represents a world population rate of 146 per 100,000 (Walmsley 2010). Some people do some bad things against the society or against other people, and that is why the law is created, it has to punish the bad behaviors. The law is a system of rules that every country decided to implement to fight against crimes and the society’s wicked behaviors generally. There is a very long process to elaborate and vote a law in a country.... [tags: murderer, law, legal system]
1052 words (3 pages)
- When the Maastricht Treaty was ratified in September 1992, not only was the European Union founded, but the plans for the building of the European Monetary Union was formalized. The plans, which included the founding of a European Central Bank and inextricably link all of the member states and their economies. The Treaty outlined the terms of membership into the economic agreement, called ‘convergence criteria’, that determined the eligibility of countries to join the union. Initially, eleven of the European Union’s fifteen members were qualified to join the Economic and Monetary Union (as it is formally called).... [tags: International Government ]
1715 words (4.9 pages)
- The education system in France: (source: European Union) I. Information on Community Law II. Information concerning the national education system III. Useful addresses I. Information on Community Law The fundamental principle of non-discrimination on grounds of nationality between students studying in a foreign country and national students applies as regards admission to an educational or training establishment. This includes enrolment fee requirements and the conditions governing the award of a grant to cover such fees.... [tags: essays research papers]
2957 words (8.4 pages)
- The Few by Alex Kershaw In the summer of 1940, World War II had been in progress for nearly a year. Adolf Hitler was victorious and planning an invasion of England to seal Europe’s fate. Everyone in the United States of America knew it. The Germans were too powerful. Hitler's Luftwaffe had too many planes, too many pilots and too many bombs and since Hitler was Europe's problem, the United States claimed to be a neutral country (Neutrality Act of 1939). Seven Americans, however, did not remain neutral and that’s what this book is about.... [tags: Book Report Kershaw ]
1080 words (3.1 pages)
- Introduction France, which is the largest nation in Western Europe, is a presidential republic. France is a very important nation in Europe and it continues to be involved in contemporary policy issues. Helping the world as one of the great trading nations, France is a very important trading partner with the United States. Not only is France important to the United States, they are also important to countries all over the world. Their abundance of both mineral and agricultural resources make them a very important supplier of products all over the world.... [tags: essays research papers fc]
2732 words (7.8 pages)
- France France is a beautiful country. It has lots to do like skiing, swimming, shopping, gambling, drinking, and dining. Here are the topics I will include in my report, government, history, culture, tourist attractions, language, entertainment, transportation, climate, currency, accommodations, and travel tips. Sit back have some wine because you are about to embark on a journey, A Journey to France. Government France is a republic with a president and a premier. The president is Jacques Chirac and the premier is Alain Juppe.... [tags: essays research papers]
973 words (2.8 pages)
- Confidential- Military Report Subject: The war. Date: December 1914 To Prime Minister Asquith I am writing to inform you about the events that have taken place on the Western Front. As you know, the war has been taking place for sometime now, but im going to tell you the events that have happened during August and December 1914. As you may know our army has had to work around a few of the other countrys plans. The Schlieffen plan has been one of the main plans that has happened.... [tags: Papers]
683 words (2 pages)