In a world where the population is increasing, commercial and industrial demand is rising, and transportation, agriculture, and mass manufacturing arean everyday necessity, non-renewable fossil fuels are being used at a rapidly increasing ...
... middle of paper ...
...ion like all occupations has some hazards of its own. Windmills can tower hundreds of feet into the air, and sometimes technicians and mechanics must scale the inside of the towers in order to reach the turbines and make necessary repairs, this can be difficult and hazardous for those with a fear of heights. Hydroelectric dams however have dangers of their own. being on the water, they are at a high risk for dangers of flooding, and water intrusion within the lower levels of the facility.
Being a technician of renewable energy is not always easy, but it is a necessary career if humanity is to maintain life on a clean and habitable planet. From massive turbines resting in the bottom of a riverbed, to the height of a windmill along the plains, to the roof of a sunny home in west Arizona, we will always need technicians to maintain a clean, smart, and energized world.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Preston Tucker Preston Tucker was an American automobile dreamer in the early 1900s. He was famous for creating a new innovative car which would have a safe design, including seat belts, safety glass, and a directional third headlight. Tucker began a one month trek to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. He had a big interest in race cars and their designs, and decided to move to Indianapolis to get closer to the automobiles. He earned a job as the transportation manager, and looked over deliveries for the company.... [tags: innovative, car, belts, headlights]
844 words (2.4 pages)
- 2. How to Buy a Used Car. Pankaj Sherchan, Student – Southeastern Louisiana University Buying a new car can be misleading sometimes. Some of them are expensive while other do not meet the expectations. Thus, buying a used car can be a good option. It not only saves the buyer from unaffordable loans, especially for the college students, but also helps in lowering the monthly insurance payments. Finding a good deal with so many choices can be challenging task. However, if you plan and research ahead of time, it can be as easy as picking a chocolate out of basket.... [tags: Automobile, Sales, Marketing, Automobiles]
2644 words (7.6 pages)
- I needed to go to the store so bad that I called my friend to see if I could borrow her car and we could have dinner. It was a rainy fall night and I could barely see out of the window. It was about a week ago when I was in the accident and my friend still haven’t forgiven me. As I was leaving a local grocery store, backing the vehicle very slowly and carefully out of the very small parking lot. My car is facing south and I looked both ways just to make sure it was clear. The rain was coming down so hard that I barely could see.... [tags: Insurance, Automobile, 2005 singles, Truck]
1240 words (3.5 pages)
- 1- Avoid Depreciation A well maintained used Saab saves you a lot of money, because you avoid the huge amount of depreciation that occurs when you buy a new car. Saab is a Swedish automobile manufacturer that is owned by General Motors, and the GM connection is why I wanted a Saab in the first place. The company has an excellent certified pre-owned program to provide you with peace of mind about a used car purchase; in fact, most consumers will not buy a pre-owned vehicle unless it is certified.... [tags: Automobile]
977 words (2.8 pages)
- The 1948 Tucker was dreamt up by Preston Thomas Tucker and designed by Alex Tremulis. This was one of the last attempts made by a small enterprise to break into large volume car production. This car was said to be “The first new car in 50 years”. Many people felt that a car this great wasn’t possible. The many new innovations in the car were always surrounded by controversy. The car seemed to be doomed, and it was. Much of the appeal of the Tucker was the man behind it. Preston Thomas Tucker was always obsessed with cars, as long as anyone could remember.... [tags: essays research papers]
883 words (2.5 pages)
- On 2007, Volkswagen AG financial performances hit its record sales and earnings, selling more than 6 million car in a year and accumulating approximately €113,808,000 sales revenue (Volkswagen Annual Report, 2008). Martin Winterkorn, Volkswagen's Chairman of the Board Management realised that Volkswagen secret of success is thanks to the continuous effort towards new knowledge creation and innovation process. Gurteen (1998) stated that collaboration enabling firms to initiate faster knowledge creation and innovation.... [tags: automobile manufaturing, Volkswagen AG]
2545 words (7.3 pages)
- The scientific term of ‘motion’ is been one of the strangest phenomenon known in the history of physics. Since the end of the 17th century, the vast improvements in the technology and society have evolved the meaning of the word motion in terms of physics from ‘a simple movement’ to ‘a change in position, if acted upon by an unbalanced force’. In modern physics, motion is the change in position of an object with respect to its time and its reference point. Motion can be described as both scalar and vector quantity in relation to displacement, speed, direction, velocity, acceleration and time.... [tags: Position, Inertia, Seat Belts]
1591 words (4.5 pages)
- Many industry analysts say that consumers may see level four autonomous driving capable cars starting as early as 2020, with level five, fully autonomous vehicles arriving starting 2025 [2,4]. If that is the case, does that mean that by 2020, we will all be able to purchase a level five fully automated car. Unfortunately, this is likely not the case. Many analysts oppose these predictions and believe that truly functional and reliable driverless vehicles won’t appear until decades later . The common misconception is that any car that can drive itself is considered fully autonomous, but that is simply not true.... [tags: Automobile, Driverless car, Vehicle, Walking]
1766 words (5 pages)
- DIY Car Tech Hacks that Won 't Ruin Your Car The capabilities built into new automobiles boggle the mind. Unfortunately, things like park assist and adaptive cruise control push the price so high you might have to take out a 7 year loan to get behind the wheel. Fortunately, you don’t have to buy a new car to get some of the most useful tech features. Let 's find out what technology we can add to your vehicle with a minimal amount of time and money investment. Add Collision Avoidance and Lane Monitoring Technology As we steamroll toward self driving cars the next stop on the journey is an automobile that yells at us when we 're not driving well.... [tags: Automobile, Vehicle]
953 words (2.7 pages)
- The main concern of new parents is what car seat is right for their newborn baby. Not only do they have to decide what car seat is right for them they have to make the more important decision which is if they should go rear facing or forward facing. In 2008, research was done to provide the information that kids under the age of two are 75% less likely to become injured in a rear facing car seat. Rear facing and forward facing seats have pros and cons depending on the severity and type of crash it is involve in .... [tags: new parents, crashes, rear facing]
990 words (2.8 pages)