The bike share program will have five different main points: The docking station, Anti-theft technology, Payment Machine, the Solar Panel system, Lithium battery and motor. Construction will start as soon as the city of San Jose will give the permit.
The docking stations will be provided across the San Jose State University and San Jose area. Queensland University, in the journal Transportation research part D, people tend to use the bike share program if only the docking station is accessible. The accessibility of the bike share program will determine the result of the program itself because people are not willing to pay and use the program if the program is time consuming. The study also shows that the program itself will not be effective if the targets are not being chosen wisely. Most of the time the charging stations will be provided to anyone, but this program will be focusing more on students in San Jose State University. The goal is to engage and attract the program to the university student before it will be launched widely across the city.
Anti Theft Technology
The question arises when it comes to security. People should not be afraid because of the security of the bike. The bike will also be protected by auto-alarm, camera, and GPS on the bike. Every time the bike being parked or taken away, the security system will record the movement. According to the business insider, there are millions of dollars are being invested in the bike share program in China, yet people main concerns are the safety aspects of the bike. Many companies in China use GPS as their main security, and the Bolt-Bike-Share program will also apply the same system. As long the user report if their bike had been stolen, the pr...
... middle of paper ...
... from the used bike and the company will modify it to make it as good as the standard. The next thing is to assemble the bike with the motor and battery, the process will be expected to be very fast since the motor and battery will not be as complicated as gadget or big machine. Lastly, the company is supposed to deploy the charging stations throughout the city, and they are ready to go.
The goal of this project
The goal is to minimize the natural gas consumption and raise the awareness of sustainable lifestyle. People are expected to be more concern on nature and their healthy lifestyle. There are 3 objectives outcome that this program will be trying to achieve:
- Reduce at least 10% of the total car that are being used around The San Jose area.
- Increase the awareness of the sustainable living around students in San Jose area.
- Reduce the natural gas consumption.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Society loves to join in on and enjoy all the new trends that arise, even if they may be flawed, expensive, or even silly. People just desire to fit into society and be like everyone else. We’ve grown up hearing “don’t do something just because everyone else is”, but the reality is that we can’t help it, it’s just how humans naturally flow. The latest trend that’s happening is the bike-share program, which allows folks to check out a bike at one service station and return in to another. Bike-share programs are quickly growing around the world and the latest city to adopt this new trend is Los Angeles, California.... [tags: Rhetoric, Regulatory Focus Theory, City]
1186 words (3.4 pages)
- Bike share system demand prediction Two approaches can be identified for the bike share demand prediction: machine learning and time series forecasting. The first approach using a large amount of socio-economic characters and land use factors in surrounding area as predictors and is more useful when predicting demand at a longer time interval (monthly, weekly, or daily demand) or when predicting the demand of non-existing stations. Example researches of this approach including Rixey (2013) and Chen et al.... [tags: Regression analysis, Forecasting]
729 words (2.1 pages)
- ... This however does not affect any other tax liabilities paid by Vodafone in its worldwide operations. Brennan (1970) pointed out that high levels of payout lead to increases in tax paid, thus share prices will fall to reflect this and the corresponding amount of tax liability. Thus, he proposed companies should decrease or reduce dividend paid in order to increase the value of shares. Because of this, Vodafone took an initiative by repurchasing shares to reduce its’ tax burden. In addition, Grullon and Michaely (2002) published a paper in which they described firms nowadays prefer share repurchases rather than dividends due to a favourable tax shield.... [tags: bodafone, share buyback program ]
1780 words (5.1 pages)
- Industry There are three separate market segments: road bikes, mountain bikes, and youth bikes. Each of these segments range in differences such as size, price, product sensitivity, product preferences, and consumer viewing habits. Frequently, customers were interested in finding the lowest price to fulfill their needs. Our firm speculated the upgrading the mountain bike would encourage our customers to spend more money for a better quality bike; however, we discovered that customers were not interested in paying the extra money for an improved bike.... [tags: Marketing, Strategic management, Pricing, Bicycle]
1487 words (4.2 pages)
- This year’s Stewardship Campaign marked a distinct difference in the way this important UUCW function has been organized and gone about its business. In the past, a chairman or two has been chosen, and that person or team has been almost entirely responsible for planning, organizing, and conducting the annual canvass pledge drive. Finding people with the needed skills, time, willingness, and drive to do this has been a perennial problem, one of the hardest recruiting and selling efforts any Board president has to make.... [tags: Business Report]
1542 words (4.4 pages)
- Internship Report Format 1. Title Page One original title page, prepared in the same format as the Sample Internship title is given at the end. Page submitted with the original signatures of Program coordinator. The date on the title page will depend on the semester you will receive your degree. 2. Acknowledgements If you wish, you may include a page with a brief note of dedication or acknowledgment of help received from particular persons. 3. Table of Contents The contents page should clearly and accurately index the page numbers of the various sections of the dissertation.... [tags: Internship Report]
1200 words (3.4 pages)
- Attend the tales beyond anyone’s imagination; often told to a young generation, the story of the tooth fairy or Santa Claus always seem to come to an end at an appropriate age. Yet, unidentified flying objects are always left to the individual to be unsure of throughout their lifetime with no definite proven answer. Why are UFOs disregarded by government officials so often. Why are the people who spot the UFOs laughed out of a room. Obviously, the people that the world depends desperately on to protect us, are keeping a secret they feel may lead to chaos.... [tags: Space Exploration ]
1299 words (3.7 pages)
- FINDINGS: Severe right-sided chest pain. The __ reported a friction rub. A PM lateral showed questionable mediastinal adenopathy. The patient had no cough or sputum production of ___. CT scan in ___ showed a possibility of a 1x2 cm right paratrachial lymphnode. Several smaller anteromediastinal lymphnodes which were all less than 1 cm were also evaluated. The patient was treated with Indocen with relief of her chest pain. ___ level was 64.5 with a ___ 50. PPD was negative, controls were positive.... [tags: Medical Report]
616 words (1.8 pages)
- Before I observed this particular class, I looked up information about the English Language Program (ELP) on-line. This program is designed for people who wish to expand their English for communication, study, business, pleasure, etc. This program offers four core courses. The core course that I observed was an Intermediate Reading and Discussion group which meets every Tuesday and Thursday from 1:00-3:15. Before the class observation: I met the instructor before class to discuss overall goals as well as goals for that day’s lesson.... [tags: Teacher Observation Report 2014]
2300 words (6.6 pages)
- Confidential The names in this Observation Report have been changed to protect the privacy of the parents and the child. Student’s Name : Calvin Sex : Male Place of Observation : Inside the classroom of County Preschool. Time of Observation : In the morning, 10.30 a.m. and it was a sunny day. General View : • The classroom was pretty well organized ( clean, tidy and many facilities inside such as books, games, a computer and so on ) • It was a pretty large group in the class, 13 children were there and the teacher was present as well.... [tags: Direct Observation Report 2014]
1000 words (2.9 pages)