RE: Meter Rate Adjustment Technical Memo
The City of Portland is currently involved in multiple policy updates designed to reevaluate and improve the City’s parking policies. In order to produce the most effective recommendations, the City recently conducted comprehensive data collection within the Downtown Meter District to study current parking conditions. Based on analysis of the data collected and the current goals of Portland’s parking policies, a meter rate increase may be warranted. Binding City Policy 3.102 mandates that any increase to meter rates must evaluated by a committee of stakeholders, and multiple evaluation criteria should be considered. This technical memo provides broad level information on these evaluation factors in order to better inform the stakeholder committee as to the current state of parking within the Downtown Meter District, as well as the impacts of both increasing meter rates and keeping them at current levels. The following table outlines the evaluation factors to be considered.
Transportation System Factors Economic Factors Financial Factors
Parking space turnover trends and statistics. Trends in off-street parking rates for private and public (City-owned) short-term facilities. Costs to operate meter district and pay for meter system capital equipment.
On-street and off-street parking space capacity and occupancy. Policy relationship to City garage parking rates Costs to mitigate parking impacts on surrounding areas.
Traffic congestion and circulation; traffic safety. Cost of other modes of travel (e.g. transit). Costs of unmet district and citywide transportation needs; coordinate with citywide and multi-district transportation needs.
... middle of paper ...
...nover rates have increased 21% since 2008. In a completely efficient system where vehicles were staying for the exact timestay permitted, we would expect to see VERFIY HOURS OF OBSERVATION AND SEE IF THIS COULD IMPACT THE % CHANGE
2. On-street and off-street parking space capacity and occupancy.
Comparing the data collected between 2008 and 2014, the 2014 study found that overall occupancy was, for the most part, higher than it was in 2008, with occupancy rates generally between 60% and 90%. As with the 2008 study, the 2014 study found there to be two distinct peaks of occupancy, one between 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm, and the other between 6:00 pm and 7:00 pm, however, occupancy rates for this recent study are higher than the previous year (see figure below). During these peak lunch and evening times, roughly 50% of block faces see occupancy levels greater than 85%.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Technical communication is most likely going to be the most difficult part of my professional career as a computer scientist. Writing for this field is similar to other fields since programmers are expected to be able to write documents that are easily understandable by the software users, and are readily usable with technical details for professionals. Programmers must write many documents directed at the non-technical audience which consists of text within programs, read me files, help files, manuals on software use, presentations for clients, and many more.... [tags: Technical Writing]
679 words (1.9 pages)
- The management should highlight the accounting standard that followed by the company in preparation of the report for reader of the Qantas report. Here in the report the standard “AASB 121: The Effects of Changes in Foreign Exchange Rates”, apart from that there are others standards which are also to be mentioned in the report in relation of reporting of transactions in Forex like AASB 139 and AASB 107. 1. According to AASB 121, the following important factors need to be discussed. According to AASB121, A forex transactions are reflected in the transactions like; a.... [tags: Foreign exchange market, Exchange rate]
811 words (2.3 pages)
- 1. Introduction 1.1. Background 1.1.1. Bachelor of Science Information System Management (Hons). This programme recognises information as a strategic resource. It is design to educate and train students with knowledge and skills in managing information. It involves analysing, designing, and managing various type of information systems for identifying, acquiring, retrieving as well as disseminating information for users strategic and competitive purpose. 1.1.2. Bachelor of Computer Science (Computer Systems & Networking) with Honours.... [tags: technical report]
525 words (1.5 pages)
- Technical Report The Construction of Alloy Wheels Introduction Aluminium alloy wheels are now used in all branches of Motor Racing, ranging from Touring cars and Rally cars to Formula One cars. The Alloy wheels offer far superior mechanical properties than the conventional steel wheels formerly used. These benefits include reduced un-sprung weight, i.e. not held by the suspension, providing more precise steering input and improved responsiveness. Alloy wheels also improve acceleration and braking due to the reduction of weight.... [tags: Design and Technology]
2086 words (6 pages)
- Besides that, the technical training program is more focus on product technical parts, which means that our technical trainer would be give a training to you on how to maintenance and service product electronic part and others for the customer. I say this because our customer will sign up on-site support which is 24 hours stand by to support maintenance service for them, so, you must know how to change the electronic part inside the product and how to give a good maintenance service to customer once they are facing something problems on the product.... [tags: Focus, Product, Technical Parts]
1691 words (4.8 pages)
- Technical Escort: Revealed From the creation of the Army’s Technical Escort Unit, there has always been one mission that has never changed; the removal, transportation and disposal of chemical weapons. “The U.S. Army Technical Escort Unit was formed in 1944 and is the longest, continuously active, military chemical unit in existence... The unit was formed as a group of specialist to escort chemical weapons”(Cashman, 2000, p. 104). Although this mission type has not faded, the overall mission of these units has expanded to a larger arena.... [tags: Army's Technical Escort Unit]
984 words (2.8 pages)
- I. Demographic Transition Cameroon, a low-income country with a rapidly increasing population estimated at 21,700,000 million in 2012  is currently experiencing high population growth resulting from continuing high fertility during a period when mortality rates have been declining consistently. In the period 1950-1955, life expectancy for both males and females was 38.5 years . In 2012, over 17.5 years have been added to life expectancy for both sexes, raising it to 56 years . On the other hand, fertility rates have dropped slowly since the last 50 years.... [tags: Demography, Population, Total fertility rate]
850 words (2.4 pages)
- 1. In what ONE area am I a technical expert. (Be as specific as possible. For example, "Business" is too broad, while "Accounting" is more specific.) Real Estate Specialist 2. How has work and/or school been of value to me in becoming an occupational expert. Certainly becoming an occupational expert as a real estate specialist is like understanding the value of focusing on how to be confident in this area.... [tags: technical expert, expertise, success]
1116 words (3.2 pages)
- FINDINGS: Severe right-sided chest pain. The __ reported a friction rub. A PM lateral showed questionable mediastinal adenopathy. The patient had no cough or sputum production of ___. CT scan in ___ showed a possibility of a 1x2 cm right paratrachial lymphnode. Several smaller anteromediastinal lymphnodes which were all less than 1 cm were also evaluated. The patient was treated with Indocen with relief of her chest pain. ___ level was 64.5 with a ___ 50. PPD was negative, controls were positive.... [tags: Medical Report]
616 words (1.8 pages)
- Applications of a Connectionist Model of Poetic Meter to Problems in Generative Metrics Meter is one of the most distinctive formal features of English verse. Yet theoretical approaches to metrical analysis have proved problematical for a number of reasons. Traditional metrics, based upon scansion systems derived from Latin forms, is strong and flexible in its ability to describe individual units of a line, but fails to describe well the dynamics of the line as a whole and the lexical and syntactic structures which underlie that line.... [tags: Poem Poetry Poet Meter Metrics Essays]
3230 words (9.2 pages)
- Becoming Police Officer At The City Of Santa Ana
- Duties Of A Management Accountant
- The World War II ( 1939-45 )
- The Manager Of The Phoenix Location For Stuart & Co Brokerage Firm
- Problems Systems Are Dragging You Down. Today 's Investment Management Operations Need High Data Availability, Security And
- Graduation Rates And Standardized Test Scores Are Low For Minority Students