The venue itself was quite stark and sterilised; decorations were few and far between, which for me made the event lack ambience. For an average exhibition this aspect would not be so critiqued, but due to the fact that this exhibition is centred on bringing together ‘foodies’ to celebrate food and beverage, decorations need to be implemented in order to meet what it is promising.
Walking around the stalls what I did notice was that there were rarely any environmental practices put into place. For an event/organisation that promotes locally sourced produce (which is to support the local producers and minimise environmental impacts from international export) it surprised me that there was only one recycling bin I could find and that majority of the recyclable plastic cups and utensils were thrown into general rubbish.
The only saving grace in that respect were the wine glasses that you purchase from the show stall and use it for all the wine tasting stands, however, the glasses at $12 each it would seem to be more of a get-quick money making scheme, rather than an environmentally conscious act.
Safety after-care was also lacking, with alcohol making up close to one half of the exhibition it was worrying that there were no shuttle services on offer, taxi stand signs or numbers for a ride home.
The other aspect of after-care lacking was that there were no surveys available at the event, to my knowledge, which I think is important to have. Events need to be improved, they must continue with the times, not allowing the chance to receive feedback and comments is going to result in the event becoming ...
... middle of paper ...
...ts with lockers or a cloak room option. Carrying a number of bags becomes a burden after a while and I firmly believe it plays a factor in people leaving earlier than planned, as it did for me. Having lockers or a cloak room would minimise the amount of guests leaving early, it would clear up the exhibition floor and it would encourage guests to purchase more goods, which is a win-win situation for both the stakeholders and the guests.
5. Larger entrance and exit
Although when I visited the entrance and exit were satisfactory, for busier days like Saturday and the Sunday it would be recommended for the entrance and exit to be expanded. Only having three doors to get in and out (as the entrance and exit were shared) would not be sufficient at busier times. Having more exits and entrances will ease flow during peak times and will minimise the likelihood of trampling.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Careers in Lodging and Food and Beverage Management If you are interested in a management career in hospitality industry it is good to research the management position that you may be interested in. Find out what the different positions are is a good way to start your research. The two different industries within the hospitality industry are the Hotel and Lodging industry and the Restaurant industry. The different top management position in the Hotel and Lodging are: General Manager, Director of Human Resources, Director of Food and beverage, Director of Rooms Division, Director of Sales and Marketing, Director of Engineering, Director of Accounting.... [tags: human resource, food and beverage industry]
1380 words (3.9 pages)
- Monster Beverage Corporation The Hansen Beverage company (recently changing their name to Monster Beverage Corporation on January 5th of 2012), was a family owned and operated company in the 1930’s, selling freshly squeezed juices to local film studios. In the 1970’s, one of the Hansen brothers decided to transition their beverage business into marketing ‘natural sodas’. This was the upturn of the company that led them to where they are today. Today, Monster Beverage Corp. has transformed into the largest energy drink company in Canada with sales of more than $ 2.1 billion in 2012.... [tags: Hansen Beverage, Monster Beverage]
1414 words (4 pages)
- Green Ox Main Issue In 2003, Palmer Jackson, Inc. created a new line of sports beverage called Green Ox. This beverage has some differences from other similar beverages, as it contains the benefits of antioxidants and it can compete in more than one category, such as sports drinks, vegetable juices, and antioxidant supplements. These are not the only advantages of Green Ox, because some reputable reports argue there is a strong link between using the vitamins and minerals that Green Ox has to reduce the risk of some specific types of cancers, and Green Ox will launch on a type of market that is growing to 15% per year.... [tags: Coffee, Drink, Antioxidant, Beverages]
1380 words (3.9 pages)
- Breakthru Beverage is a liquor distributor that is based out of Chicago, Illinois. They have several locations, including one in Las Vegas and Reno. In April of 2016 I went through the interview process to become an accounting/finance intern with Breakthru Beverage – Las Vegas. I interned from May 2016 to August 2016. At the end of my internship they offered me a full-time position, but I decided to continue full-time with school and start the recruiting process with firms through UNLV. As an accounting intern, I was helping both accounts payable and accounts receivable do their daily posting.... [tags: Accounts receivable, Accounts payable]
2028 words (5.8 pages)
- The Alcohol Beverage Alcohol has been around longer than anyone could even remember. It has been part of world history and has paved the path in the creation of many nations around the world. No one really knows when alcoholic beverage was actually invented or came into production. Many believed that it started from an accidental fortuitous of various fruits that fell from the tress tens and thousands years ago. The incidental discovery of this fermented liquid became so popular that it spread throughout the world and became addicted to some that it created many problems in our society.... [tags: Alcoholic beverage, Wine, Alcoholism, Alcohol]
1107 words (3.2 pages)
- A recent trend has emerged in the beverage industry that pinpoints a change in attitude and behavior in consumers. Want to find out what this new trend is. Next time you are at a grocery store, walk down the wine aisle and look for something out of the ordinary. Between all of the wine bottles something different will pop out: wine cans. It now seems that beer is not the only alcoholic beverage sold in cans. Within the past year the creation and consumption of canned wine have greatly increased.... [tags: Wine, Fermentation, Alcoholic beverage]
752 words (2.1 pages)
- Day of the Dead, or Dìa de los Muertos, is a holiday which celebrates the souls of the dead. This may sound familiar, as we celebrate a similar holiday-Halloween. Often, there can be some confusion between the two holidays, as their timing in the middle of fall and use of skeletons make the holidays appear quite similar to the uneducated person. However, these holidays are very different once you look at the details. Though both holidays have festivities and icons, the differences in these and the religious and communal importance of the holiday makes Day of the Dead a very unique holiday.... [tags: Day of the Dead, Halloween, Difference]
713 words (2 pages)
- In Edith Wharton’s first major work, The Decoration of Houses, she states that “the impression produced by a landscape, a street or a house should always, to the novelist, be an event in the history of the soul” (qtd. in Falk 23). Later in her Pulitzer-winning novel The Age of Innocence, Wharton uses her knowledge and love of architecture to develop her characters, as she had previously deemed important. Thus, she takes style of houses, their design, and their European or American identification into consideration and depicts characteristics of the New York society and the major characters.... [tags: Literary Analysis, Edith Wharton]
1867 words (5.3 pages)
- Internship Report Format 1. Title Page One original title page, prepared in the same format as the Sample Internship title is given at the end. Page submitted with the original signatures of Program coordinator. The date on the title page will depend on the semester you will receive your degree. 2. Acknowledgements If you wish, you may include a page with a brief note of dedication or acknowledgment of help received from particular persons. 3. Table of Contents The contents page should clearly and accurately index the page numbers of the various sections of the dissertation.... [tags: Internship Report]
1200 words (3.4 pages)
- Classroom Observation On two different days, several observations took place in two different types of environment. I observed a teacher and her students of a second grade elementary school and a teacher and her students aged 18 months to two years old in a daycare environment. I observed the environment and interaction of the teacher and his or her students.... [tags: Teacher Observation Report]
1229 words (3.5 pages)