The first song the piano trio performed was the Haydn C Major Trio. This piece is from the Classical period of music. The Baroque period is known for many of the smaller setting pieces that were written in that time period, so piano trios were quite popular at this time. The piece consisted of three movements in fast, slow, fast order. The piano and violin were featured in this movement and you could tell that their parts were pretty difficult. The first part of this piece was in sonata form, the second was in ABA ternary form, and the third was another part in sonata form. The piece changed tempo throughout it which really felt like it kept people involved. You could also hear the repeat of the intro and certain themes throughout the piece. This piece was very enjoyable. It was probably my favorite piece played in this concert. The changing if tempos really made you pay more attention and it wasn't slow or boring. The sonata forms allowed the musicians to perform more difficult parts from the pieces and it was very entertaining to observe. This piece also ...
... middle of paper ...
...ext and final movement was the finale. This movement brought back themes from the first movement and the third movement and gave the piece a feeling of ending. This movement was quicker and louder than the movements before. I enjoyed this piece. It was very interesting and used differences in dynamics to keep people interested. The themes in the movements differed and really captivated my attention. This and the first piece of the concert were very nice and I really enjoyed them.
This concert was very nice and enjoyable. The performance overall was very good and easy to listen to. All the pieces they played except for the second one I really did like. I had never been to a chamber music concert before this one, but I really enjoyed the setting and how close you could be to the musicians. The concert overall was very good and I would go back to another one like it
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Los Angeles Philharmonic Classical Music Concert Report I attended the Los Angeles Philharmonic classical music concert at the Walt Disney Concert Hall on Friday 29 November 2013. The classical concert started at 8:00pm to the enjoyment of the huge audience that had been waiting for this amazing music extravaganza. Classical music concerts always offer magnificent entertainment and the audience in this concert was expectant to derive such entertainment or more. In attendance were Christian Zacharias who was the conductor and Martin Chalifour who was the LA Phil commanding Principal Concertmaster and Bach violin player.... [tags: music, concert, audience]
574 words (1.6 pages)
- One of the concerts that I have attended was One Direction’s. One direction was formed by a group of boys from London in 2010. These young men were also known as Niall Horan, Zayn Malik, Liam Payne, Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson. The band started off from a British talent show on television called the X Factor. During the audition, the boys were eliminated as individuals, but Simon Cowell saw great potential in these young men as a group. He decided to make it happen by giving them another chance to perform together, and indeed they became famous ever since the formation of the English-Irish boy band One Direction.... [tags: Concert Report Essays]
947 words (2.7 pages)
- ... The harmony of this performance was well balance and effective. I think this was a great opening piece to indulge the audience’s attention. The second movement I would like to discuss is the Serenade in E- flat major, op.7 by Richard Strauss (1881). The performance begin with a rich sound from the oboes section over a series of sustained notes played by the horns and the contrabassoon. The rising of the sound create a sense of anticipation as the development approaches the recapitulation. The recapitulation begin with the most evocative moment of the horn section.... [tags: Music, Musical notation, Sonata form]
850 words (2.4 pages)
- The venue and the atmosphere were phenomenal for the Aaron Concert I attended with my lovely girlfriend. It was very upbeat and modern with how old but popular his music is still. Aaron Carter was a huge hit when I was about 8 years old and you could tell by the age of the audience, that that was his prime years. The concert was in Bloomington Illinois at The Castle Theatre October 7, 2013. I bought the tickets for my girlfriend’s birthday in August. I loved the concert and being able to spend time with my girlfriend and see how much she loved the music made it an awesome experience.... [tags: musical experiences]
684 words (2 pages)
- On June seventh at eight o’clock pm I attended a concert at Beneroya Hall. The concert was part of the Masterpiece series, performed by the Seattle Symphony and conducted by Hermann Michael; also including a special performance by the pianist Hélène Grimaud. The performance included four pieces, two by Ludwig Van Beethoven, one by Maurice Ravel, and the last was by Richard Strauss. The two pieces by Beethoven were; Overture to The Construction of The House, and piano Concerto No. 4 in g major, Op.... [tags: essays research papers]
456 words (1.3 pages)
- This concert took place at the Pyramid Arena in Memphis Tennessee. The main performance was by AC/DC and the band Gutted Snake opened for them. The members of AC/DC are Malcolm Young on guitar, Angus Young on guitar, Brian Johnson on vocals, Cliff Williams on bass, and Phil Rudd on drums. Gutted Snake opened at 7:30 PM and played until 8:00 PM. There was a remission, and AC/DC started at 8:30. They continued playing until around 11:00 PM. AC/DC played songs from all of their records. The bulk of the songs that they performed were: Give It Up, Goodbye & Good Riddance to bad luck, Got You By the Balls, Guns For Hire, Hail Caesar, Hard As A Rock, Have a drink on me, Heat seeker, This House... [tags: essays research papers]
733 words (2.1 pages)
- The concert I attended was a recital of Mexican baroque choral music. There were 5 main pieces played, each one having its own unique style and function. The recital was held at University of South Carolina School of Music recital hall room 201 on Tuesday, March 22, 2005 at 6:00pm. The group that sang was the graduate vocal ensemble and was conducted by Daniel S. Clark. The group of singers did an excellent job capturing the music and it was very hard to notice any major mistakes. The concert in a whole was a very soothing to me because when I went there I was very hyper and tense, but as the pieces were being played out, I became very relaxed and sleepy.... [tags: essays research papers]
937 words (2.7 pages)
- Canciones de arargue, or songs of bitterness – was the original name for the creolized form Bachata. Many closely associate Bachata with the other Caribbean styles of the African diaspora such as merengue and son. In Intro to Music Cultures of the World we were tasked with attending a world music concert. I chose to attend a Bachata concert because I already had an interest in Caribbean music. The concert was not as I had expected, but was rather intriguing and thoroughly enjoyable. In this report I hope to analyze Bachata’s roots, report on its concert style, and compare it to another piece in the genre.... [tags: Origin, Concert Features]
1197 words (3.4 pages)
- Composer Report I chose to do my composer report on Florence Price. Florence Price was born April 9, 1887 in Little Rock, Arkansas to Florence Gulliver and James H. Smith. She had two siblings. Florence gave her first recital at four years old. She attended the same elementary school as William Grant Still where they both studied under educator Charlotte Andrews Stephens. Florence Price is considered the first black woman in the United States to be recognized as a symphonic composer. Her training was steeped in European tradition, but still Price’s music consists of mostly the American idiom and reveals her Southern roots.... [tags: conservatory of music, symphony orchestra]
529 words (1.5 pages)
- ... For the cadenza he speeded up the melody which sounded absolutely beautiful and I really enjoyed it. However my least favorite piece of this concert was “Gallery” because it had a very dissonant sound. Also there was a lot of syncopations throughout the piece that I was not too fond of, but overall I really loved all his other pieces. Overall, this concert was a very relaxing and uplifting experience and I would most definitely go see Pablo perform live again because he is a very talented musician.... [tags: Music, Performance, Cello, Concert]
731 words (2.1 pages)
- Civilizations in Ancient Times: The Roman Civilization
- Report on a Summer Camp with Adults with Multiple Different Diseases
- Internship Report - Atlantic (USA) Inc
- Inhumane Acts in Night by Elie Wiesel
- A Street Car Named Desire by Tennesse William
- Towards Conversation Entailment : An Empirical Investigation" by Chen Zhang and Joyce Y