I wonder what your political beliefs are now that you have grown to learn more about various political ideologies. However, I would like to remind you of your political beliefs 30 years back. The issues of inequality ranging from working class exploitation to unfair treatment of people in country really baffles me a lot. Seeing thousands of street children and poor people labouring for the rich yet earns nothing keep my heart bleeding day and night. I think is high time we move from being capitalist, liberals, feminist to socialist to eradicate this inequality in the country. This is because even though the liberals advocate for equal rights, their idea their point of individualism does not ensure equal distribution of properties and wealth between members of the society. In the same light, although I like the part of feminism that advocate for equal opportunities and ownership of property by women between men, I do not agree with the part that says women should be ‘equal’ as men.
Although, I do not dispute the fact that humans have different abilities, they should be treated equally. Equality is a fundamental value that bring about unity and social cohesion (Heywood, 2012). Therefore, People in the community should be treated equally irrespective of their abilities. In community where people are treated equally, they turn to be identified with one another as social creatures bond together by love, care and sympathy leading to cooperation among them. With this love and sympathy for one another, they work towards a common good rather their selfish needs. This collective effort with mutual benefits will rewards everyone equally as the benefit is for everyone, including the poor and weak in the society, which leads...
... middle of paper ...
...ts. As humans are born with different abilities and skills, so are women and men born with hormones. Therefore fighting for equality of women with men is veg. Women should embrace their natural differences with men and rather fight for equality in terms of opportunities and ownership of properties.
Although I do not know your political beliefs now that you 50 years, I hope you have enjoyed reading about eradicating inequality in our societies and understood why you were a socialist 30-year back. I wish you all the best in the commencement of your new communal cotton factory in the Northern Region of Ghana.
Heywood, A. (2012). Political Ideologies An Introduction. 5th ed. UK: Palgrave Macmillan, pp.24-250.
Mahama, J. (2012). My First Coup D'etat. 1st ed. New York: Bloomsbury.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Women face innumerable and ubiquitous challenges, most of which are directly related to their gender. The feminist movement was birthed through necessity from this conclusion. Although I do not directly link Edwidge Danticat and Maxine Hong Kingston with the feminist movement, I believe their works illustrate the great struggles and obstacles that a woman’s birth supplies her. The women in their books are heartbroken, weak and somewhat flawed, and it is through these flaws that the application of their influence on my life began, and the reason I feel a strong kinship with these fictional, and sometimes not so fictional characters.... [tags: Literary Analysis ]
1106 words (3.2 pages)
- Weekly Reflective Journal 2 In the past 20 years, society has changed drastically. Calls for immigration reform, marriage equality, gender equality and religious oppression are taking center stage in political talks across the country. These are some key issues and in this paper, I want to talk about some of my reactions to the presentations. Overall, I enjoyed the presentations and I did learn new information. First, I am going to talk about immigration reform. This was my project and I did through research on American views and world views.... [tags: Same-sex marriage, Marriage]
721 words (2.1 pages)
- Just a few months ago, May 2016, the small country Taiwan made a historical decision by voting in one of the world’s first female Democratic president. Candidate Tsai Ing-wen won the presidency by a landslide victory with more than half of the votes in her favor. Her campaign and motivational speeches for equality and same-sex marriage made her stand out from her two competitors and caught the attention of many young voters. With the support of the younger generation, the election was in her pocket.... [tags: Marriage, Same-sex marriage, Gender, Woman]
1663 words (4.8 pages)
- Chapter 7 Discussion 7.1 Introduction The chapter of discussion was composed of five parts: introduction, reflection on the project, reflection on implications of the project, reflection of the MA experience, and summary. 7.2 Reflection on the project This was a long-term design project, and everything was fresh to me. Patience was the crucial and essential factor that was needed in such a long project in my view. Fortunately, I learned and gained the patience. Besides, communication was another extremely significant factor.... [tags: Reflection]
2091 words (6 pages)
- Many chilling stories happened a long time ago. Not this one. This one took place just over a year ago. Doubt my story. Don’t. I’m the one who was in it… I remember clear as yesterday the new, sleek white touring bus whirring into a deserted parking lot. A 30-year-old tower shot up from the ground. It was mustard-yellow, dirty and the off-white gutters were smothered in mucky mildew. Ivy crept along one wall, and the moon was a crescent. When I was younger, I had a nightmare about a hotel. Every time, even when I was older, I would make sure no room looked like the one in my room.... [tags: Woman, Girl, Female]
1354 words (3.9 pages)
- This is a reflective essay based on my attendance at a multidisciplinary team (MDT) meeting whilst on my two-week placement at a local mental health day hospital. The aim of this essay is to discuss the importance of the multidisciplinary team within the mental health environment and discuss factors that can influence the success or failure of multidisciplinary teams. Mental health teams generally comprise of psychiatrists, clinical psychologists, nurses, occupational therapists and social workers, but other therapists such as family therapists, psychotherapists and counsellors might also become involved in the care of the patient (Perkins & Repper 1998).... [tags: Reflection ]
1597 words (4.6 pages)
- The Prince As A Modern Political Treatise Written almost 500 years ago by the so called first political scientist in the world, Niccolo Machiavelli’s “The Prince” brings forward a new definition to virtue. A definition which argues against the concept brought forward by the Catholic Church. Machiavelli did not impose any thoughts of his own rather he only wrote from his experience and whatever philosophy that lead to actions which essentially produced effective outcomes in the political scene of Italy and in other countries.... [tags: Political Scientist, Prince, Niccolo Machiavelli]
2192 words (6.3 pages)
- In the last three decades, a great advance in genetic research and biotechnology has occurred. Max Born said in his essay, "Reflection," "But suddenly, about three hundred years ago, an explosion of mental activity occurred: modern science and technology were born. Since then, they have increased at an ever growing rate, probably faster than exponentially, and are now transforming the human world beyond recognition" (209). Similarly, Michael Bishop said in " Enemies of Promise," "We live in an age of scientific triumph.... [tags: Reflection Enemies]
1221 words (3.5 pages)
- Writing a decent essay is as tedious, nerve racking, and strenuous as constructing a layer cake from scratch. First you have to decide that you are going to tackle this feat, and that can be your biggest challenge, motivation. Then you have, you must figure out what kind of cake batter you want to use. Collect all the ingredients to mesh together well, making each layer at a time. You throw all the layers together hoping that somehow they will come together to form a nifty design. But, they don’t right away, for now it is just a leaning tower of cake parts.... [tags: Reflection]
920 words (2.6 pages)
- Reflection on Life What makes up a good family. Does your family communicate well. These are the questions that many people in America ask. They battle with these questions everyday when they think about the way their family acts. I have also battle with these questions especially when it comes to my family. My family is one of uniqueness, which causes lots of conflicts. I battle an individualistic sister, a communitarian mother, and a civic republican brother. With all these different personalities in the house it is no wonder it seems like our house is a lifestyle enclave.... [tags: Reflection Essay]
609 words (1.7 pages)