Ever since I was a child, I would always see my parents working hard for me and my siblings to get what we desire and they have always supported me with comfort whenever I needed help or had to overcome a certain obstacle. Even if it is hard for my parents to provide me with all the materials I need, they would try their very best to make me and my siblings blissful. With my parents support I was able to move further into my education, build courage, confidence, complete all the work that I had to do and will continue on to establish my future career goal. I was born on June 7, 1998 in Brooklyn, New York. I grew up living in Brooklyn, graduated from elementary school and then I later moved to Queens and started middle school in I.S. 238. I am the oldest child in the family and I have two brothers and one sister. My family is from Bangladesh a small country located in South Asia and we speak both Bengali and English. We follow the religion of Islam, following the duties of Islam is very important to my family.
My family eats all types of food, we mostly eat spicy foods as we put so many ingredients to add flavor in our food. We like to dress fancy for specific events and holidays such as Eid Ul- Fitr showing our tradition and enjoying our day. However, my parents went to college in Bangladesh, my dad was the first one to come to America later on he brought my mom to New York. It was hard for my parents to come to a new place and settle, but as time passed by things changed and they slowly understood everything and did everything they could to make a living. My mom worked as a teacher assistant and my dad currently work in Uber.
Even though it is hard for my parents, I appreciate how they hav...
... middle of paper ...
...s as well to also succeed. I would like to be remembered as one of a SEEK Honor Student at CCNY because I know I am going to work hard these four years of college so that I complete all my work and move further in my goal. Furthermore, I also want to be remembered as an active student in college because I am going to continue joining clubs and other activities, events, and internship programs where I can help people with various things. Being in the SEEK program at CCNY I know I will not face trouble both financially and academically because I will get free tutoring in the subjects that I need help, and I will also receive financial aid, where it will extremely help me and my family throughout my college years and is a great advantage to be a member of this program, where I am open to more opportunities that will provide me success with encouragement and confidence.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Placing information in context is benefit when making a decision. It is helpful to review the historical events and available information to create a picture of where to go next. The purpose of this paper is to review the personal information from the career assessments taken in HS 585 Career Counseling at Bellevue University. The review will focus on this author’s personal results. This paper will combine the assessments with the author’s personal history to provide a context for future career goals.... [tags: Career Goals]
1006 words (2.9 pages)
- Without a doubt the lessons and exercises on time management were the most meaningful to me. They brought insight into why I seemed to be constantly working yet still never really got anything I wanted to accomplish throughout the day finished. I realized the majority of the activities I had been spending the most time on didn’t reflect my values of hard work and self discipline and long term academic goals to be successful in college. This motivated to completely change the way I managed my time by effectively striking a balance between my maintenance, committed, and free time.... [tags: Reflection ]
447 words (1.3 pages)
- This reflection paper is divided into five main sections. The first section gives a general introduction of internship that I was doing during my internship period. The second section provides an overview of the internship practice and tasks that I was assigned to do. The third section is about the office technologies I used during the internship. The fourth section is about the benefits of the RCBC Paralegal Program courses taken as applied to the work that I performed. The final section is devoted to the knowledge and experience that I gained during the course of internship.... [tags: Lawyer, Law, Common law, Judge]
1315 words (3.8 pages)
- My ultimate value is my family. My vision for my own self is to live happily with my family in the future. I love to spend my spare time with them. Hanging around with friends and family make me feel well. I love to play on computer. I also love to play with the magical numbers. I like surfing on the internet, exploring new things, reading articles related with health, life, and economic events such as the stock market, financial companies, investment corporations, etc. I think being a citizen of a country, we should somewhat at different aspects of life to better know how well or bad the economy of our country is experiencing.... [tags: Self Evaluation Reflection Career]
1698 words (4.9 pages)
- Introduction The purpose of the report is to meet work objectives to improve performance for future career development with realistic personal development plan that fits with our own preferred learning styles. Developing professional practice focus on the importance of continuous personal and professional development through self learning and reflection enables to enhance the skills required for their professional as well as personal effective management. Report enables to identify the personal swot analysis accordance with chosen career and to make a personal development plan to work out to achieve the career skills.... [tags: Customer relationship management]
705 words (2 pages)
- All college students should partake in career exploration project because it gives structure and direction. The result from an assessment identifies and prioritizes which careers will best suit an individual person or student. It does not necessarily mean they have to pick that particular job or career; it gives them more chooses to choose from. Career exploration is a life long journey that is emotionally, physically and mentally stress full. I say lifelong because as time goes on so does an individual’s views, abilities and skills.... [tags: professional choices, higher education]
545 words (1.6 pages)
- Life Plan Reflection Essay In the college success strategies (COLL 101) class, we had explored various areas of future possibility. Throughout the quarter, We sketched out the big pictures of the future. We identified potential destination and explored the path to get there. In this reflection essay, I would like to talk about and reflect on personal development throughout the quarter. Education and Goals After looking at hundreds of schools, thinking about multiple factors of schools, I finally picked the University of Washington-Seattle as my first choice for transferring.... [tags: Goal, Time, Term, Management]
1339 words (3.8 pages)
- According to the study of this course, I have learned many useful management skills and I feel like these skills will be applied to my future career development. When working on the self- assessment tests, I found myself fall into the category of the ISTJ personality types, which as illustrated by Myers Briggs, is the type of personality that is conscientious, considerate, and helpful. Personality traits such as honest, dutiful, practical and responsible are my strengths; personality traits such as stubborn, insensitive and poor communication skill are my weaknesses.... [tags: Management, Leadership, Personality psychology]
1131 words (3.2 pages)
- The quarter has finally come to an end, and with that, I close out my internship and this class that went along with it. It was a great experience and I leave equipped with a new set of skills that are preparing me for the world ahead. As I write this reflection paper, I think back to the very first week when I set up two goals for myself to focus on and hope to achieve throughout the following weeks. My first goal was to develop a better understanding of myself within the work place, and my second was to develop a strong network to jumpstart my career.... [tags: Intern, Employment, Internship]
1138 words (3.3 pages)
- Learning Reflection A solid education is imperative for success. Education impacts the personal and professional side of life. I have been in the pursuit of my degree for quite some time. I have allowed obstacles to distract and discourage me from obtaining my degree. For instance, my language barrier was an impediment for quite some time. I was determined to work and become fluent in the English language. The experience of learning another language was challenging but rewarding. Work is another challenge that I have encountered.... [tags: ]
922 words (2.6 pages)