Essay PreviewMore ↓
Let me begin by saying who is the better role model, 50 Cent or a single parent with three kids holding down two jobs? The real role models of this world are who we thought they were when we were little. They are the fireman, the police officer, the doctor, the construction worker, and the good parent. My parents are my role models, they each hold down a good job and get me to all of my activities and interests. The truth is that more people should be this way, the parental example in America has just fallen by the wayside.
A good example of someone who should have been a good role model was Michael Vick. He was a great athlete, good with kids and all and all, well rounded. Then when was into dog fighting everything fell by the wayside. He lost his sponsors, his friends, and had to go to prison. This was a very good thing to do, to show his fan base, (and the kids who was a role model for), that this was wrong. Honestly, how much of a disaster would it have been if kids had continued to make him their role model and thought dog fighting was okay? We would have had the whole youth of America to deal with.
T.V. and radio hype are the reasons that children today are taking on irresponsible role models. I for one think that programs like entertainment tonight should come on later. Some music should cost more if it has a very bad meaning to it. It should be about a dollar more, the reason for this is that people don’t care if it has a parental warning on it anymore. Another thing is how can measure up to professional athlete or musician.
How to Cite this Page
"A real role model." 123HelpMe.com. 08 Dec 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- My Role Model In my life I have had very few role models. They have been mostly famous people I see on TV like Michael Jordan, but what young man hasn't wanted to seemingly fly through the sky and slam dunk a basketball. But as you grow older and mature you soon realize that more than just famous people can be role models to you. To me one of my role models is my friend Nick. Nick and I are a lot alike. We both grew up without a father and had a very supportive mothers who love us very much.... [tags: essays research papers]
483 words (1.4 pages)
- “The Widow Douglas she took me for her son, and allowed she would sivilize me” (Twain 1). The role of a parent is important in a person’s life, as they learn the acceptable way to live their lives, and even how to act spiritually. As people begin to grow up, they remember the traits and guidelines given by their guardians, and use them to establish their own beliefs and shape their actions. In the novel, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn Mark Twain exemplifies the influence of morals and religion that the Widow Douglas teaches young Huck and he returns to throughout the novel.... [tags: morals, religion, parent, role]
897 words (2.6 pages)
- Growing up, everyone has that role model to look up to and wish to follow in his or her footsteps. To some, this individual could be their favorite character in a book or movie. But for others, it’s someone really close to his or her heart: such as a mother or father, grandmother or grandfather, brother or sister, best friend or neighbor. Who was yours. We learned lessons from this person, we picked up habits from this person, and from time to time we even disagreed with this person (only to grow up and find out that they were always right).... [tags: Nutrition, Health, Food, High school]
910 words (2.6 pages)
- Teaching Goal: Become a Role Model One primary goal of mine is to become an educator that provides support and inspiration for matters outside of the classroom. I have been fortunate enough to have had an education both in elementary and secondary school that as given me the support and push I needed to grow. I have faced numerous challenges where I lacked confidence and self-esteem. When reflecting on the situations where I felt hopeless, I immediately think of the educators that helped me and guided me to be the person I am today.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, Learning]
1134 words (3.2 pages)
- Over the past 50 years Barbie has not only been a best friend to many little girls across America but she has been a role model to them as well. Barbie is everything any growing girl would want to be. After all she is living the dream, not only with the materialistic aspects of her life like the houses, cars and of course we cannot forget about her fashion, but also with her extensive resume filled with many careers. Or at least that is what the creators of Barbie intended for her but the reality is that Barbie can only truly be relatable to a small demographic of girls.... [tags: Eye color, Human skin color, Barbie, Mattel]
963 words (2.8 pages)
- Religion is a role model for majority of people in the world. Religion is also used as a standard when things happen beyond the ability of human thought. Unfortunately, there are variety of dogma that sometimes can raise a conflict among the followers. Two of religions that always have conflict between them are Islam and Christianity. History recorded that relationship between Christianity and Islam are always good and bad. There are times when these two religions look harmonious, but many times they are in a big fight over some disagreements, and one of the big arguments that Islam and Christianity are always disagree is their view about Jesus.... [tags: Islam, Jesus, Christianity, Bible]
1539 words (4.4 pages)
- Ulysses as a Victorian Role Model Ulysses is a classical hero who reappears in the literary work of great poets such as Homer and Tennyson. During the Victorian era, Alfred Lord Tennyson was one of the most famous poets in England, he even held Britain’s prestigious position of Poet Laureate. Tennyson began writing during a period in which duty and conformity were traits that distinguished the middle class from the lower class. In a two-volume collection of “Poems,” Tennyson writes “Ulysses” after the death of a close friend, Arthur Henry Hallam.... [tags: poem analysis, poetry, poets]
2160 words (6.2 pages)
- Someone who influences his or her life can also be known as their role model. Role models can be seen any and everywhere. Most role models are someone famous or well known that is a thousand other people’s role model. On the contrary, my father, Brian Flynt, is my role model. Although my dad is not a millionaire or famous athlete he is my role model and the man I want to be. My father grew up in Pearl Mississippi and in my eyes and the eyes of others he was a stellar athlete. He went to six different schools between 1st and 12th grade and was an athlete at all of them.... [tags: Family, English-language films, Mother, Marriage]
700 words (2 pages)
- "Children have never been very good at listening to their elders, but they have never failed to imitate them." ---― James Baldwin To write about my role models, I could have picked teachers, I could have picked people extremely influential in their field, and I could have picked models and other aesthetically pleasing individuals. But instead, I found the perfect combination of all three: my mother. There isn't one person on this earth more educational, more competent, and more aesthetically pleasing than my mother.... [tags: Personal Narrative, essay about my family]
577 words (1.6 pages)
- Role Model Paper on My Mother A role model is someone who you can relate with. It is someone who will be hopefully you learn from and in turn they learn from you. My role model is my mother. She had to go through a summer of hell and this is what happened to her and what I learned to. God gives you certain situations and you have to run with it. I did not want big responsibilities. I figured, “ Why should I worry about them, until I have to.” My way of thinking was selfish. I have always been a little selfish, but caring at the same time.... [tags: essays research papers]
1061 words (3 pages)
- How the Opening Scene in Invisible Man Introduces the Major Themes of the Novel
- Sherlock Holmes: A Marxist Deconstruction
- The Reluctant Fundamentalist
- Exploring Atticus as a Parent in Harper Lee’s To Kill a Mockingbird
- Victor's Irresponsibility and Subsequent Downfall Depicted in Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
- What Is the Purpose of Education?
I don’t think celebrities make good role models. They can be a bad influence on children. They can also make them disrespectful and not caring, things like this can happen through music. Children can think “oh well so and so did it, and they are famous.” T.V. and radio can affect how a child thinks of a role model. All of these things take away from the real role models, the police officers, the soldiers, the fireman, the doctor, and the good parent. Also, it can make children depressed because they can’t measure up to the celebrity role model they like.