Clinicians prefer to use easy and ready-to-be used type of classification. Le forte classification for maxillary fractures though not very comprehensive but still used by most clinician because of its simplicity. Similarly recently Graham Mount has proposed a new classification for dental caries. Though it gives detailed information regarding size and site of the caries lesion but is not accepted by clinicians globally. On the contrary, Black's classification for caries though does not fulfill the requirement of present-day dentistry but used owing to its simplicity and readiness for use, it is widely utilized.
Keeping the necessity of easy-to-use classification in mind, a retrospective study has been performed on 1745 patients treatment records. These patients attended Maxillofacial Department at Warsaw Medical University for treatment of mandibular fractures.
To analyze mandibular fractures on clinical and radiological bases in the patients treated for mandibular fractures.
To classify mandibular fractures on the basis of clinical and radiological evaluation.
Material and Methods
This is a retrospective study of patients' treatment records and radiographs who attended maxillofacial unit of Warsaw University in the year 1988-1992 and 2001-2005.
Records of 1745 patients were analyzed including 1492 males and 253 females, who were trea...
... middle of paper ...
...nd D1 means that the fracture is with dislocation.
Occlusion O0-O2: O0 means that the arch is edentulous, and O1 means that the dental arch is complete or partial without change in the occlusion, and O2 which means that the dental arch is complete or partial but with malocclusion.
Tooth in fracture line T0-T2: T0 means that no tooth in fracture line, and T1 means that there is healthy tooth in fracture line, and T2 means that there is tooth in fracture line but suffering from caries or periodontal diseases.
Conflict of Interest Statement: There were no financial and personal relationship with other people or organization that could inappropriately influence our work.
Acknowledgement: We thank Prof. Wanyura Hubert, The Head of the Department of Maxillofacial Surgery of Medical University of Warsaw for his assistance with the patients' records included in this study.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Implant supported/retained mandibular overdentures have three crucial components: the implant fixtures (02 or more), the choice of attachment ( bars, studs or magnets) and the prosthesis. The Mc Gill consensus reported a minimal treatment objective, the mandibular two-implant overdenture (as opposed to a conventional denture) should be considered as a first-choice standard of care for the edentulous patient5. Mericske-Sterne also concluded that retention, stability and occlusal equilibration of the implant supported mandibular overdentures improved only slightly by increasing the number of implants.7 Implant survival rates did not vary with number of implants and ranged between 93% to 100%.8... [tags: implant, complications, classification]
1095 words (3.1 pages)
- ... For example, if we are classifying a company that is in the Dairy business, they would be given a code that the first two digits indicate that they are specifically in the business of Dairy. Then the third digit would specify that they are either in the Cheese or the Yogurt business. This system was established in order to decrease the chances of making a mistake when classifying what type of product an industry is dedicated to. (The North American Industry Classification System in the Current Employment Statistics Program, 2014) SIC codes are used by agencies such as the Census Bureau, Bureau of Labor Statistics, the IRS and Social Security.... [tags: classification, businesses, coding]
1070 words (3.1 pages)
- Asset Identification & Classification Policy Policy Definition It is the goal of this organization to implement the policies necessary to achieve the appropriate level of protection for each corporate asset. Standard Protecting each asset requires collaboration from every employee. Different assets have a different probability of failure do to vulnerabilities, threats and require annual information security training for each employee. Procedure A true security program includes an Asset Identification & Classification Policies, therefore, identifying and categorizing, tracking and managing assets require one to create and implement an inventory control list according to the recommendation... [tags: classification, procedurem guideline]
2977 words (8.5 pages)
- Classifications of Beer What's more refreshing on a hot summer day than an ice cold beer. How about drinking a cold one with some friends at a local bar after a hard day's work, sounds satisfying doesn't it. Beer has been around for hundreds years and will be around for hundreds more. A beer is any variety of alcoholic beverages produced by the fermentation of starchy material derived from grains or other plant sources.... [tags: Classification Essay]
1332 words (3.8 pages)
- “I drink to make other people more interesting.” ― Ernest Hemingway In the great world of tending bar there is a myriad selection of customers one would encounter; The Social Drinker, The Self Defined Outcast, The Fish Out of Water, and last but never the least, The Freshman. Each level of drinker has its advantages in social circles and also has equal negative repercussions. Most of these classes aren't built from years of drinking, rather are formed through the personality traits they already have developed through their childhood and young adulthood.... [tags: Classification Essay]
1017 words (2.9 pages)
- Are you or do you know someone, experiencing panic attacks or anxiety attacks. If so, it is important to be familiar with what these terms mean. Individuals frequently use panic and anxiety together, however; there are significant differences in the two and understanding the difference will make it easier to comprehend the relationship. Phobias are irrational fears that create interference within an individual’s daily routine. There are individuals who suffer from a phobia linked to pretty much any object or place imaginable.... [tags: Classification Essay]
563 words (1.6 pages)
- Classification of Psychic Experiences Generally speaking, psychic experiences which deal with receiving information from an outside source, either living or passed on can be classified into the following categories: psychometry, telepathy, clairvoyance, clairaudience, automatic writing and channeling. Two more psychic techniques, assumption and projection, deal with transferring the personality to a remote location. Psychometry is the art of receiving information about someone by touching an object commonly carried by that person such as a key chain or jewelry.... [tags: Classification Essays]
1105 words (3.2 pages)
- As the owner of three unique pups, I know that dogs’ variances are numerous. Any one who owns a dog knows that it has a mind of its own, and therefore a unique personality. Having had many dogs throughout my life, I have found that dogs fit into three classifications. Annie dogs As princesses of the canine universe, Annie type dogs have a loving yet manipulative personality. An Annie dog assumes the role of queen bee. As leader of the pack, she keeps everybody in line. She dominates all of the other dogs, often by physical herding or malicious growl.... [tags: Classification Essay]
912 words (2.6 pages)
- Classification of Beer What's more refreshing on a hot summer day than a nice cold beer. Or how about drinking a nice cold one with some buddies after work at a local bar, sound nice doesn?t it. Beer has been around for many years and will probably be around for many more. A beer is any variety of alcoholic beverages produced by the fermentation of starchy material derived from grains or other plant sources. The production of beer and some other alcoholic beverages is often called brewing. Most every culture has there own tradition and the own take on beer, thus producing many different styles and variations.... [tags: Classification Essays Beer Alcohol Essays]
1307 words (3.7 pages)
- Classification of Movie Goers Many people go to the movies. The movies are an escape into a fantasy world. Everyone has a different preference on what kind of movie is the best. Romance, horror, action, and comedy are different types of movies. The kind of movie someone goes to see can give clues to what kind of person they are. People who prefer horror films obviously like to be grossed out or like to be frightened. The horror fans probably tend to enjoy suspense and anxiety. One might suspect these people love to go on frightening roller coaster rides or do other things that would cause suspense and anxiousness.... [tags: Classification Essay ]
523 words (1.5 pages)