Our project manager, Anna Gong, made sure that we all were on the same page about communication and teamwork. We all installed a project management app called Asana on our mobile phones. Asana is an app that helps teams track their work progress, delegate tasks, and communicate with ease. Joe Gardner, our data analyst, made a couple of spreadsheets along with Anna. They uploaded them to Google Docs so that we as a team could enter our previous decisions and results to understand the market trends better. Joe also made a document, ‘chart of findings’, for recording observations related to the research reports and putting them all into one chart that separates regions, channels, and products. Because Joe and Anna made these resources available we were really able to pull through as an influential firm in our respective Industry (D).
On one occasion one of our team members had a family emergency and had to leave the country for a week. Latiefa Almugairin is our regional manager for region 3, and she informed us in advance that she would not be able to attend our weekly meeting for Q7 decisions. She has done a great job for us in region 3, and we knew we had to do our best to make up for her absence that week. Anna volunteered to take on the extra responsibility to fill in for her region and managed to keep our Hyperware product performance strong with the majority of the market share across both channels.
Our team chemistry was another one of...
... middle of paper ...
...d consumer perceptions. We then learned in a few decision areas, it is better to be consistent to our original value proposition than to swerve between strategies.
Other teams may overcome the same difficulties we faced by sitting back a little bit more in the beginning in terms of product development. The main piece of advice would be to really focus on generating demand in Q4 and to make sure all the relevant research reports are ordered for generating demand as well as product development. We saw that a lot of the other firms weren’t spending nearly as much as we did in marketing, and we felt that also contributed to our high availability. However, because it’s a simulation, availability might not be as important in the next simulation. That is why it’s important for teams to trust the quarterly reports and compile all their insights into an easily navigable tool.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- This semester in for engineering by design we were assigned to design a product that we would work on for the whole semester and hopefully have complete by the end. Throughout this semester we also learned what the process of design entails. From learning how to choose a product for the market to figuring how the product would affect the environment. We learned a great deal this semester. Our group decided to design an application for the semester. This came with a lot of challenges but also a great deal of learning.... [tags: App Concept]
1128 words (3.2 pages)
- Description: Recently returned from my Christmas break, I participated in the Simulation day at Blackpool Hospital. Once at the training centre, we were given an outline and introduction to the simulation training. We were given a refreshment course on the basic life support where we could ask questions, which helped prepare us for the simulations. Following this we were split in groups and completed our first scenario. The simulation was conducted in front of the instructors and our peers who were hidden behind a one way mirror.... [tags: Communication, Better, Improve, Simulation]
1270 words (3.6 pages)
- Business Regulation Simulation: Alumina Inc. Alumina is a 4 billion dollar aluminum manufacturer based in the US. Although the company operates out of 8 different countries, 70% of Alumina's sales derive from the US market. Five years ago, during a regular compliance inspection, Alumina was found to be in violation of environmental discharge norms due to high levels of PAH (Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbon). Following this discovery, the EPA ordered a clean up and Alumina was found to be in compliance during subsequent inspections.... [tags: Business Regulation Simulation Analysis]
1026 words (2.9 pages)
- Although the new app seems very straight forward, it does not come without risk. The first and most prevalent risk is malfunction. If the app is not working properly than a bullwhip effect can cause large scale issues throughout the process chain. Without a functioning app the Long Island Railroad will be unable to properly create a schedule for departing trains. This can leave the thousands of fans looking to travel back home scrambling to make trains. It can also leave travelers at other stations stuck waiting for delayed trains or packed trains with no space for new travelers.... [tags: Risk management, Management]
1442 words (4.1 pages)
- Throughout the Election Simulation, I worked with my cartoonist group Fariha, Tasniya, Ariane, and Flo to come up with ideas to draw for the newspaper based on what we learned and observed about all the Democratic and Republican Candidates. We worked together to come up with a logo for the newspaper and after we decided on the logo for HawkWord with the title HawkWord and the hawk in the middle. We transformed it to the computer to edit the logo. This was a great experience and I enjoyed doing this because as the media group we were all working in different groups and assigned different stories and topics so that our newspaper for HawkWord was successful.... [tags: Voting, Democracy, Elections, Newspaper]
2019 words (5.8 pages)
- ECO/365 Supply and Demand Simulation The supply and demand simulation included both microeconomics and macroeconomics concepts. The simulation focused on a property management firm, GoodLife Management, and its ability to adjust the levels of supply and demand of two-bedroom apartments in the Atlantis community. GoodLife Management was challenged with changes in population, tastes, income, and a price ceiling. As a result of these factors the firm had to strategize about shifts in the changes in supply and demand and determine the equilibrium price and quantity.... [tags: Supply and demand, Microeconomics, Economics]
1044 words (3 pages)
- ... This is equivalent to adjusted risk-neutral pricing for a given subset of stochastic paths, though this pricing is done independently at all forward model steps in contrast to the risk-neutral pricing with market states evolved from the same spot market data by a stochastic process under a common measure. Below we outline this straightforward and well-known implementation methodology yet we further enhance it to join real-world simulation specifics with the evident benefits of risk-neutral American Monte Carlo pricing.... [tags: Solvency II and Nested Simulations]
1139 words (3.3 pages)
- What is app re-skinning. By hearing the word “re-skinning” you might get a somewhat idea, but it doesn’t convey the complete meaning of how is it related to mobile application development or game designs. But knowing about re-skinning of mobile apps or graphic designs can surely add value to your business in case you are into mobile app development. Starting an app from the scratch can be a little wearisome task. You have to do brainstorming, gather your ideas and jot them down, tap onto a programmer… and this endless list continues.... [tags: business, graphics, modification]
532 words (1.5 pages)
- Abstract The simulation exercise consisted of a scenario in which the student was to be a manager at an up and coming facility. There were 3 sets of tasks to be accomplished, and the results of the student's choices given immediately to the student. Each choice affected the outcome in some way, whether positive or negative. Simulation Paper Upon completion of this exercise, I discovered how truly difficult it is to make managerial decisions. The adage "You can never please everyone all of the time" holds true.... [tags: Manager Management Simulation Exercise]
865 words (2.5 pages)
- Analysis of the Stock Market Simulation There are many risks that people take in their lives. Yet, investing in the stock market is one of the riskiest things to do. All the money that has been saved over years, possibly saved over a lifetime, could all be lost in the blink of an eye. The Great Depression was triggered by the most well-known stock market crash in history, another crash happened in 1987, and one could happen any moment. However, people invest to make money and through this simulation strategies and a basic understanding were compiled to get a perspective on the risk and tasks involved in investing.... [tags: essays research papers]
1296 words (3.7 pages)
- Social Media 's Negative Effect On Reading, Writing And Critical Thinking
- William Shakespeare 's ' Hamlet '
- Senior Nursing Professor Who Received A Variety Of Distinguished Accomplishments And Accolades
- Cultural Pattern Of Protestant Church
- The Devil 's Highway : A True Story
- Gender, Biological, And Gender