Bright, flashing red and white lights and sirens racing down the road has been my entire life the past few years. Racing to the hospital in an ambulance volunteering to take care of people in need, doing the best I can to help them is the greatest gift I have received in life. Growing up I always wanted to start a career in nursing, more specifically, a registered nurse working in the intensive care unit. However, I started college and started my prerequisites towards a nursing degree and I realized nursing might not be the best health care career for me. I also went to school and became a certified nursing assistant while deciding what career path to take. After working in a retirement community for a few months I had definitely decided nursing was not in my future. After researching a few careers and talking to multiple health care professionals, I automatically knew choosing a career in radiography was my new plan. A radiologic technologist has one of the most important jobs in the health care setting because they produce images that help diagnose injuries and many diseases. As a radiologic technologist, I can produce X-rays, ultrasounds, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), and computed tomography (CT) scans.
I have always made straight A’s throughout my school career and gave my all to keep a 4.0 grade point average (GPA) since I began college. This past year while attending Thomas Nelson Community College, I was registered in anatomy part one and two and medical terminology and received a 4.0 GPA for the entire year. During my fall semester, I attended another school, Heart to Heart CTC, and became certified as a nursing assistant, graduating as the top in my class. Volunteering at the Rescu...
... middle of paper ...
... any circumstance. Communication and critical thinking are the most important qualities one needs to be prepared for every shift.
After graduating from Riverside and passing the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) examination, I plan to start my career as a radiologic technologist. I would love have the opportunity to work for Riverside after graduating. However, working in any hospital as a radiologic technologist is my main goal. I would work in a hospital setting for as long as I am able to do so and hopefully return to Riverside College of Health Careers to assist with teaching the program. I would continue to work until retirement and continue to teach for Riverside afterwards. Having this opportunity to become a radiologic technologist is my new passion, which I will always work to continue my education to be the very best I can be.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- As Radiologic Technologists, you will come in contact with patients each day. Your job will not be limited to positioning the patient to get the view on the x-ray you want, but will actually be dealing with a person. You will need to know how to properly interact with your patient, including the guidelines to communication, the skills needed to communicate, and to stay professional during your time with them. You will also need to know the rules that go along with knowing HIPAA, such as: what is considered confidential information; who can know the information.... [tags: Health care, Patient, Health care provider]
1385 words (4 pages)
- When choosing a career there are many factors that I will need to look at: will it be something I enjoy; am I just in it for the money; will the job be around years from now; how will it affect my family and me; how will I benefit from the job; and how will my personality fit in. I used to work at Conroe Regional Medical Center in the Radiology Department and watching everyone scurry around the halls was very exciting to me. I knew I always wanted to be in the medical industry I just really wasn’t sure where I would fit in just yet.... [tags: images, diagnostic imaging, machines]
1812 words (5.2 pages)
- After visiting an X-ray department to get simple x-rays done of an extremity, a lot of individuals think that the person taking the x-ray’s are classified as button pushers. Some people believe taking x-rays is as simple as taking a picture. Would you like to know what radiologic technologist do besides taking simple pictures. Radiologic Technologist performs simple x-rays, helpful in assisting in surgery procedures, and uses fluoroscopy exams for difficult procedures. Today I will inform you on some of the different aspects that radiologic technologist are utilized for.... [tags: X-ray, Radiology, Surgery, Radiography]
896 words (2.6 pages)
- Finance is a field that had always fascinated me right from my undergraduate college days. What make me interested in this particular field of study are the art of finance and the complexity of investment market which would allow me to employ my personal skills, such as analytical and communication skills, along with my personal characteristics such as dedication and compassion for what I do. As one of the most important sector in the world, I believe it would provide me with a broad range of career options.... [tags: Personal Statement Examples]
548 words (1.6 pages)
- Personal Statement A personal statement is a document required in education programs as well as when one is applying for a job. It is a document that is written to describe a person’s strength or weakness. It is therefore an important document that one must always have ready any time anywhere. Personal statements do not have to look the same. They may be written focusing on one’s interest for example a personal statement written specifically to apply for a specific job. What appears inside is what gives that person credibility on whether to get the job or not.... [tags: Writing, Essay, Statements, Want]
1132 words (3.2 pages)
- Personal Statement Please discuss the following items in the order given. Briefly respond to all areas listed. 1. How was your interest in Pharmacy as a career developed. Since my early schooling days, science and mathematics have always fascinated me given that all components of the world are explained on the basis of these disciplines. In this regard, Pharmacy which is based on Chemistry and Mathematics has interested me a great deal as it has direct impacts on our daily lives. The more I have become familiar with the chemistry and mathematics knowledge involved in pharmacy, the more I have appreciated its significance in improving the lives of people in the community.... [tags: Admissions Statement]
1564 words (4.5 pages)
- I have been working as a parent liaison for the past 12 years a parent liaison is someone who works in the school system assisting parents with education in the parental field trying to help with computer skills phone skills and simple thing professional phone skills. I do daily attendance as I work with the school truancy department to make sure that the parents understand the important of education. I also coach college cheerleaders and teach dance. Just to live comfortable and it is very hard.... [tags: Personal Experience]
2255 words (6.4 pages)
- Personal Statement: My transition from high school to college was not flawless; the first two semesters were academically frustrating. In high school, I was successful with minimal foresight. I quickly found that this was not the case in college. While my first semester grades were not terrible, I knew it was not my personal best. Despite increased efforts, I completed the second semester with a GPA lower than my first. Although my course load was heavy, the classes challenging, and my schedule full of outside rehearsals, I wanted to improve.... [tags: Personal Experience]
732 words (2.1 pages)
- Growing up as the son of a rural Iowa veterinarian, I got my first experience in a medical field while riding along with my dad on calls, and from an early age my interest was piqued. It was the first of multiple experiences that pointed me toward a career in physical therapy. In my elementary and junior high years, a couple of elderly neighbor ladies often called on me to help them with chores around their homes and yards. This is where I first discovered my love of working to help others. It was rewarding beyond any payment to know that I was helping them live independently a little longer, even if I was only playing a small part by doing their odd jobs.... [tags: Personal Experience]
754 words (2.2 pages)
- Law is a magnificent puppeteer which aims to control civilisations. The great philosopher Aristotle stated: 'Law should govern'. In view of that, the regulation of a society should be based on these set of rules established by an authority, which are designed to create economic, social and political stability. It is what maintains our societies and prevents an eruption of chaos and destruction. Law has an impact on everything we do, from creating a personal statement where copyright infringement laws take prevalence, deterring individuals from engaging in plagiarism, to criminal law which protects society from harmful individuals.... [tags: Personal Ambition]
854 words (2.4 pages)