Concurrently, while I was busy pursuing my medical career and understanding the nuances of the medical field, my maternal grandmother got diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease. This incident further strengthened my interest in the field of medicine and additionally motivated me to develop a keen inclination towards Neurological studies. Thus, I started delving deep in understanding the theories and treatment modalities of medicine that could cure the patients of Parkinson’s disease. Due to my complete involvement in the mangement process of my grandmother, I become more curious towards the complex and intrigue neural system in the human body. I decided that I would practice Neurology for the rest of my...
... middle of paper ...
...eld of Neurology through their remarkable experience and expertise and can act as mentor to the young medical students who bring with them a plethora of positive energy and vibrancy in the entire academic eco-system. During my training, I have realized that an ideal doctor maintains a strong doctor-patient relationship and practices,patient centered medicine; is proficient in the art of history taking and physical examination; is knowledgeable and is eager to learn more. I have worked hard to meet these expectations for myself and I believe that these attributes that I embody are vital to succeed in the field of neurology..
My continual endurance, dedication and ability to accept challenges allowed me to succeed as a resident in India. I hope to have the opportunity to demonstrate my assets and devotion in becoming an excellent physician in your training program.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- For the purpose of this paper I will be describing a personal life experience and I will be applying concepts from the texts to best describe the event. I was born here in the United States (US) but, I was raised in the Dominican Republic (DR). I lived in the DR basically my entire life, I would only come to the US for vacation during summer. It was not until I turned 12 that I decided to move back to the US to continue my studies and learn the language. So I did, I moved with my uncle and his wife on the summer of 2009.... [tags: High school, Education, School terminology]
985 words (2.8 pages)
- Life Mission Statement My ultimate life mission is to be able to say that I’ve accomplished or fulfilled God 's purpose for my life here on earth. What am I about. I am about love and forgiveness. "Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you" (Ephesians 4:32). At a young age, my father instilled in me the power of love and forgiveness; he taught these things in word and also through his actions. What are the character qualities I would like to emulate.... [tags: Love, Meaning of life, Happiness, Personal life]
1531 words (4.4 pages)
- My personal Statement The three most Important things in my life Have you ever dreaded the fact that you are going to college in a few months. Do you get nervous even thinking about college. Are you afraid that you won’t get in. Are you telling yourself that it won’t happen. Don’t be afraid of starting a new chapter in your life, because you will find what you’ll good at. College is scary for everyone when they first apply, or start their first day of school. People can be afraid to leave their home, because that’s where they have been for eighteen years.... [tags: Want, Need, WANT, Learning]
1103 words (3.2 pages)
- Personal Statement Success is the only word that comes to mind when I think about my future. All of my life I have dreamed of becoming a successful person who gives back to the community through counseling or social services. Growing up in the small town of Tulare has limited me to the amount of opportunities that I have. Many of my friends come from low-income families that have to use government services that provide financial support. Seeing the poverty around me is motivation for me to search for a better life.... [tags: College, High school, Higher education]
1281 words (3.7 pages)
- Who am I. I question this myself on a regular basis. I would really like to know because as I grow and learn more and more of myself it always seems like there is so much more that remains to be discovered. I have made a lot of poor choices that would not help me in my endeavors. Through the thick and thin of my life I always have tried to remain true to being a kind, honest and a good person. The basics that I do know are I am Portuguese I have a mentally ill mother who has suffered a lot and I try to be the best I can be within my controlled limitations.... [tags: Family, Meaning of life, Purpose, Foster care]
1085 words (3.1 pages)
- My daughter today is 6 years old and, my son is going to be 5 years soon and its been about 5 years that I have been divorced. They are aware that daddy is no longer with mommy and even when they question me why aren’t we together sometimes it’s difficult explaining that daddy and mommy don’t love each other anymore and that there dad is now married. My children understand that daddy has a wife and mommy works and goes to school. It took me almost 3 years when I realized that my heart was healed and that I was living my dream that I wanted for so long.... [tags: Developmental psychology, Erik Erikson, Full-time]
1004 words (2.9 pages)
- We all wish we can peek through the crack of a shade into someone else’s life; see their story. For a person who hasn’t lived most of their life, I sure have learned a lot. As I sit here pondering my life I realize it all began when I climbed up on the back of my dad’s pickup truck, wearing nothing but a diaper singing What’s Up by 4 Non-Blondes while my neighborhood stood around watching my performance. It was at this moment, I realized I loved to make people laugh and enjoyed making people feel good.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Skill, Doughnut]
1267 words (3.6 pages)
- My life has been the result of many situations that have shaped it; however, it was not until recently when I realized just how well I have it. It took one impactful life experience in order for me to recognize that my life, compared to how others must live their lives, has many more opportunities. Once I realized my great circumstance, it was like a switch went off in my head. I had to take action and make the most of my life by looking at life in a different way. While growing up, I was fortunate to attend a school district that offered many opportunities, and one in which most kids were well-behaved.... [tags: Family, Time, High school, The Help]
1172 words (3.3 pages)
- Life is made up of fleeting moments that pass without even realizing it. We have the past with greatly influences who we are today. The present is a brief gift that is happening now, the decisions we take to create a future. And the future is uncertain but is influenced by the past and present. In my case, my life was a chain of decisions of the past that have created my present and clarified what I want in my future. Through my life I have been multifaceted, in the past, I was a playful little girl to an elite gymnast in Spain, in the present I’m a college student focused on her goals and objectives and in the future I hope to be a pediatrician who helps and fulfills dreams of those in need... [tags: Time, Future, Past, Present]
1260 words (3.6 pages)
- I’ve seen and heard my fair share of inspirational speakers, but never in a million years did I expect to hear someone like Even Brande talk in my college class. A spot on entrepreneurial example. Not that I’ve never talked to or listened to entrepreneurs before. Actually, both my parents are entrepreneurs. I can personally attest to Even’s teachings because my family teaches me the same values; I’ve grown up with it. I’ve seen my parents in the corporate world and in their own business world, which inspires me to be a boss in my own life, enjoying my life, and being able to make time for the important things in my life.... [tags: Entrepreneurship, Management, Mother, Learning]
1029 words (2.9 pages)