On that fateful day as I stood in my black and pink salmon graduation gown, I pondered on the skills I was equipped with in just 11 months of master 's study and I yearned for more. While these skills have enabled me to function as a research fellow at the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) post-graduation, I find myself seeking to enhance them and gain more knowledge. My attendance at professional conferences, registration in short courses, and seeking mentorship can attest to this fact. Thus, in my quest for continued academic and professional excellence, I deem it necessary to pursue a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) program in epidemiology and the Department of Epidemiology at the Johns Hopkins School of Public Health (JHSPH) will be the perfect academic environment in which to do so. Being my alma mater, I witnessed first-hand the quality education offered by the outstanding faculty. The opportunity to work hand in hand with renowned researchers who have made tremendous contributions to various research studies and the prospect of establishing a mentoring relationship with them is held in high regard. Also, the effort at promoting innovative research, cross-cultural diversity, and great alumni networks, are undeniable perks obtainable at JHSPH. No wonder JHSPH is ranked the best academic institution in the public health field nationwide!
Having gained some research experience during my year as a master 's student and at the FDA, my desire to engage in and carry out innovative and independent research has become reinforced. Therefore, it is with careful consideration, I seek to pursue a PhD in epidemiology with a concentration in General Epidemiology and Methodology. As a trained Doctor of Optomet...
... middle of paper ...
... my next research assignment at the FDA is on the opioid-use epidemic.
I believe that my resilience, commitment, resourcefulness, academic and professional background, in addition to my in-depth knowledge of scientific principles combined with my statistical ability to analyze data, makes me well suited for the epidemiology PhD program at JHSPH. I am confident that I would fit in very well with your institution, its culture, and its beliefs. Bearing in mind Malcolm X 's quotation as true: "Education is our passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today"; I strongly hope I 'm granted admission into the prestigious Johns Hopkins School of Public Health, as this will help launch my career towards becoming a seasoned epidemiologist. Thank you in advance for your consideration of my application and I look forward to hearing from you.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Statement of Purpose Background Personal Looking back on the experiences in my life, education weaves itself seamlessly into my journey. In my past, my childhood helped me realize that all students have the ability to succeed, and, my first job in education me realize that I am a really good teacher. In the present, my job has empowered me to feel passionate servicing our students better through public education. In the future I aspire to be a system-level leader that changes preK-12 education in America.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, History of education]
1454 words (4.2 pages)
- Personal Statement of Purpose On that fateful day as I stood in my black and pink salmon graduation gown, I pondered on the skills I was equipped with in just 11 months of master 's study and I yearned for more. While these skills have enabled me to function as a research fellow at the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) post-graduation, I find myself seeking to enhance them and gain more knowledge. My attendance at professional conferences, registration in short courses, and seeking mentorship can attest to this fact.... [tags: Epidemiology, Public health, Statistics]
1418 words (4.1 pages)
- Oluwaseyi Ade-Ojo: Statement of Purpose My journey to becoming an organisational psychology had been a long one. As a child, all I wanted was to engage in an area of employment that influenced the world in a way that would make humans’ lives better. A work that will inspire others and make them want to live life, this was a dream I always had. I always wanted to help people, so decided to be a doctor, but low and behold science was not quite my strong suit. It was disheartening to see a dream I longed for drifting away.... [tags: Employment, Psychology, Problem solving]
706 words (2 pages)
- I began taking piano lesson when I was in grade one, but when I moved to Canada, I was not able to take piano lessons. I was not given the opportunity to re-start piano lessons until grade eleven. In high school, I joined choir for four years as well as Jazz Band, and concert and got an award for music in grade twelve. I peer tutored the grades six, seven and eight band. When I was in jazz band, I learned how to play the alto saxophone and tenor saxophone. When I was in concert band I played flute.... [tags: statement of purpose, personal reflections]
607 words (1.7 pages)
- Personal Statement Application to Infection and Immunity MSc Program I began high school in 2003. Like every other student I aimed for the so called high and prominent careers and my first choice was Medicine while my second choice was nursing. This led me to volunteer in a hospital immediately after High school but after the results were out I did not qualify for the Medicine program as a government sponsored student instead, I was selected for the General Science program. I did not know what the program entailed when I enrolled in the university but I embraced it positively and settled on making it work for me.... [tags: personal statement of purpose]
698 words (2 pages)
- I come from a very academic oriented Indian family. My father, an avid reader, wanted to pursue a doctorate in biology and become a scientist, but due to family commitments, had to join business instead. My mother had a strong interest in economics and always wanted to do higher studies but she got married at a very early age, and had to instead focus on raising a family. Their dreams to get higher education were dashed, so they’ve always yearned for their children to achieve our goals. Due to business problems, our family went through a very hard phase, and at one stage, we were almost bankrupt.... [tags: personal statement of purpose]
575 words (1.6 pages)
- I may have not been sure about many things in my life, but one thing I knew for sure was that when I grew up I wanted to be a pharmacist. Growing up I was always interested in medicine and how it works on the body. As a child whenever I would get sick my parents would give me Chinese herbal remedies that they brewed at home. I remembered it tasted disgusting, but I would still force it down and ask my parents how this nasty liquid was going to help me feel better. It was as I grew older that I discovered that herbal remedies were not the only cure for sickness.... [tags: personal statement of purpose, career choices]
2303 words (6.6 pages)
- Statement of Purpose for Tony Harper “Never stop pursuing knowledge and education. These are things that no one can take from you regardless of what life throws at you.” This insightful piece of wisdom was offered to me by my grandfather, a professor at Northern Arizona University. He continually stressed to me that the attainment of knowledge and education are always worthwhile undertakings. For this reason I find myself unfulfilled unless some part of my days are spent actively seeking to further my current understanding of a given subject or endeavoring to learn a new one.... [tags: Personal Statement]
1481 words (4.2 pages)
- STATEMENT OF PURPOSE I am very thankful for providing me this opportunity and it is with sincere sense of gratification that I pen my brief statement of purpose. The course of Information Technology which I pursued at GURU NANAK college of Engineering further advanced the deep curiosity I had in computer science and mathematics since childhood .It is only natural that after completing my course I had a penchant to learn more, which guided me to take up the decision to pursue graduate study in research oriented and technological areas like Computer Science and Information Technology, that touch the lives of many in this modern age.... [tags: Graduate school, College, Statement of purpose]
883 words (2.5 pages)
- While I was searching for a captivating career for life during my BDS, something that would grip my mind and keep me thirsting for more, I was captivated by the sphere of public health and similar issues which were not localized to any one nation but had global ramifications if not arrested on time. My search ended for I had found my calling. Today a desire to be a part of the leading force of public health professionals brings me to the Masters Degree course in Public Health at your University.... [tags: Personal Ambition]
1049 words (3 pages)
- The Rise Of Extremist Groups Around The World
- Twelve Angry Men And The Criminal Justice System
- My Experience At The Varsity Team Captains Of America, Volunteer Projects, Friendships, And Diversity
- How Does One Live A Full Meaningful Life?
- Analysis Of The Story ' Original Writing '
- Self Disclosure And Representation Online