A Nightmare At Home
At the start of a beautiful fall, every parent worst nightmare
came into existence. One evening that nightmare got closer to
home and knocked at our doors. “It’s such a sad thing, I mean we
know these people, we know these kids, and it’s just so
unbelievable.” Karen said. “I agree.” Nicole starts. “I think it
hits closer to home because it happened here in our community an
these are people with whom we share our lives, this is
unimaginable. I don’t know what I will do if it happened to me.
What do you think cam?” “I agree with you both, because we know
these families and they live in our community, it does affect us
more personally than others.” I replied. “All I can think about
is how Cheryl and Emily are coping during all of this. I plan to
stop by after the search tomorrow; they need an army of support
right now.” “Turn that up,” says Nicole pointing at the TV.
“Cheryl is making a statement.” “I say this to the kidnappers"
cheryl says, "please don’t hurt my baby, I can personally assure
you that whatever you want, you can have. Just bring my baby home.
My family and I are prepared to offer anything for the safe
return of Caleb. Now, I plead out as a mother to anyone and
everyone in the city hearing this message, if anyone knows or has
seen anything, please contact the number on your screen. My heart
goes out to the Dunbar 's, and to Emily Dunbar especially, as of
this moment, we are as one mother searching for her child. Thanks
for the prayers that we have received, and a special thanks to
the Green Creek Police Department and F.B.I. for all the hard
work that they have put in looking for Caleb. Thank you all.”
“She is so strong,” says Nicole. “I don’t think ...
... middle of paper ...
...ome. I had a couple of bruises, a sprain ankle, and
enough issues foryears of therapy but was told I would be fine
and just to see a doctor as soon as possible. On the other hand,
Judith and Tom were arrested for kidnapping, assault, and other
charges. The sheriff says they won’t see outside for a very long
time. Gabe was pronounced dead at the hospital. The glass in his
side went through to one of his lungs; he pulled the shard out
which caused him to bleed to death. Steph came home to a
nightmare but now is trying to regroup and piece together her
life again. The children were safely returned to their families
and are as happy as if this had never happened. Six months later,
we are in a good place. We are moving forward and rebuilding our
community. Smiling again and looking forward to the good things
that are to come.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- One of my favorite film franchises is the Nightmare On Elm Street series. Freddy Krueger is one of modern horror’s most recognized, beloved and feared icons, with his trademark weathered fedora, burned skin, striped red-and-green sweater, and bladed glove. The lovechild of the late, great Wes Craven, Nightmare On Elm Street saved New Line Cinema from financial despair & was instrumental to their recovery, affectionately nicknaming the studio “The House That Freddy Built.” When you glimpse into this staple of horror, it becomes easy to understand how the series scores on every Top List of successful horror franchises.... [tags: A Nightmare on Elm Street, Freddy Krueger]
1341 words (3.8 pages)
- The Nightmare Dreams are often visions of the conscience that hold the most truth. In the novel, Cracking India, by Bapsi Sidhwa, the narrator Lenny, has a reoccurring nightmare that contains much truth about the state of India. In Lenny’s nightmare, Children lie in a warehouse. Mother and Ayah move about solicitously. The atmosphere is businesslike and relaxed. Godmother sits by my bed smiling indulgently as men in uniforms quietly slice off a child’s arm here, a leg there. She strokes my head as they dismember me.... [tags: India Indian Politics Essays]
1082 words (3.1 pages)
- Chapter Four: He looked me in the eyes as I listened to what he said. "So I think you are in grave danger with the other nightmare makers because they want to know what you do to get through the dream catchers," he finished. I nodded slowly, I felt his eyes on me as I began to walk back to my desk. "That's it!. You're not going to worry at all?" he asked me with a pitch of anxiety in his voice. I lifted my eyes slowly after I turned around. Once I met his eyes there was a bit of humor in my voice when I said, "Worry.... [tags: Creative Writing Essays]
1532 words (4.4 pages)
- A Fathers Nightmare Throughout the last two quarters of Health: A Biopsychosocial Inquiry we have been discussing a lot about the doctor/ patient relationship. What does it look like. How should a doctor treat his or her patient and the patient’s responsibility to their own health care. We have read about parents and what they should or shouldn’t’ do where their child is concerned. We have tackled the issue of the quality of care you receive depending on how much money you have. We have learned about diseases or health care issues and how to take care of the body better, to avoid certain diseases.... [tags: Nutrition, Health care, Health insurance, Health]
975 words (2.8 pages)
- I was one of the very many die hard Freddy fans who did not condone this remake, in fact I was heavily against it, but I always try to go in with an open mind no matter what my expectations are. This remake gave me pretty much what I expected. Unfourtantley Nightmare On Elm Street suffers the same fate that many of the remakes do now a days. For starters it relies way too much on phony jump scares that just don't do the trick for me, and it made the Cardinal mistake of picking an attractive cast instead of pure acting talent.... [tags: Film Review]
674 words (1.9 pages)
- It was every parent’s worst nightmare. That feeling of uneasiness, not knowing if you’ll ever know the truth, fled the minds of my parents. Two days ago, on November 16, my life flashed before my eyes twice. The first had happened around 7:30 in the evening and I was on my way to my best friends house. I had gone to her house a thousand times before, and I didn’t think this time would be any different. Driving down the highway, the unimaginable happened, I lost control of my car. I had lived through 20 seconds of my worst fear.... [tags: short story]
956 words (2.7 pages)
- Holiday shopping, for me, is a nightmare because of the abundance of crowds, all of the fighting and competitiveness. I believe those last minute shoppers are the worst, they are the ones that are rude and impatient. For some people, with lots of patience, dealing with holiday shoppers is a good experience. For people like me, who has very little patience, it is a dreadful experience. Another aspect of shopping during the holidays is dealing with tired, overworked and frustrated employees. They are just trying to get their jobs done as quickly as possible, so they can go home to their families.... [tags: Personal Narrative]
512 words (1.5 pages)
- Hazing: Fun-Filled Nightmare People of higher authority choose to haze others for a myriad of reasons. From inside the hazer’s mind, they may feel that what they are doing is not wrong and is tradition. Other reasons for hazing may include: keeping the new pledges under control, creating a rite of passage, and showing that a person is strong enough to endure the process (“Preventing Hazing – Reasons Not to Haze” 2). Furthermore, the hazer may not feel confident enough, resulting in bullying others in order to feel more powerful (“Hazing Fratricide of Brotherhood” 5).... [tags: Psychology]
1178 words (3.4 pages)
- The Birthday Nightmare - Original Writing It was the misty morning of Charl's 21st birthday. Herself, her partner and her best friend were preparing to travel from dull-skied Trenton, their hometown in New Jersey to Glamorous New York to celebrate Charl's birthday. Her best friend Sarah was to drive the kitted out van and her partner Leone was to accompany Charl on their first travel from the time when they were at college. Now geared up, they set off to New York. The Dodge Durango STL was travelling down the B849 at a steady speed as Leone luckily escaped a fatal car crash when he was 11, so he was slightly uncomfortable about travelling on reasonably sized jo... [tags: Papers]
879 words (2.5 pages)
- My Nightmare - Original Writing It was Monday morning, my first day of babysitting. I wanted some extra money and because it was the school holidays, I decided that babysitting for my mum's friend (Elizabeth) was a good idea. I had to look after baby John who was six months old between the hours of 9 and 4, Monday-Saturday, which I didn't mind doing because I loved kids. Elizabeth, had moved away with her husband Steve, a few years ago because of his job, but still they kept in contact.... [tags: Papers]
775 words (2.2 pages)