Theme: Our Identity in God
Our theme for 2011 was ‘It’s all about Jesus’. It was a theme we all embraced and at the end of the year as we take stock of how we lived in the past year, I am proud to say that with the help of God, our fellowship has made our lives all about Jesus.
Because we made it all about HIM, we were not focused on personal gain or fame. We bonded as one single unit, the body of Christ with one purpose to do His will and to please Him. I believe God was please with what He saw and it pleased Him to work through us. He has helped us grow closer to Him and with each other.
For 2012, God wants to give us an identity, a mission, a title. The apostle Paul writes that we are "Christ’s ambassadors" (2 Cor. 5:20)
What is an ambassador? An ambassador is one who:
1) Represents his own government,
2) Makes his temporary residence in a country other than his own, and
3) Speaks only what the authorities from his home country tells him to speak.
In a sense, his identity is wrapped up in representing his country.
We need to understand the power and prestige behind our identity as Christians, and we are called to exercise that authority in humility. I believe the purpose we are called for is to be an ambassador for Jesus Christ; to bring endless living hope to those who are dying a hopeless end. God calls us to be ambassadors telling others about the kingdom of Heaven, but the ambassadors must understand his/her role.
Peter called us planted pilgrims, the chosen and loved children, here he is giving us some identity markers of an ambassador for Christ.
I. Identity Markers of the Ambassador of Christ (1 Pet. 2:9a-d, 10)
9 But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own sp...
... middle of paper ...
...tity to make His identity known when He saved you. Are you making His identity known?
God is getting ready to move among us. He is preparing us as His ambassadors. But before He sends us out, He wants us to look in the mirror and come to the cross. Let go of all self doubt. You are more than conquers in Christ Jesus (Rom 8;37 - No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.)
We have seen the hand of God in our Christmas outreach – Our dinner arrangements were made for an estimated 360 people. We ended up with 420 people. Not only was the food sufficient for all but there were multiple tray loads left over. Remind you of something in the bible?
Let go of the shakes that are holding you back. Let God have full reign in your life. Unwrap your full potential in Christ. Go forth as His ambassadors and represent Him in all you do.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- It has been two years since the "two suns" event was delivered in the June 1, 2008 Message from the Blessed Mother. I did quite a bit of research regarding the information presented in the June 1st message. I uncovered an unbelievable amount of information concerning the future of mankind and the immediate threat to our current way of life. According to the information I found, in the next few years we will see Earth changes that will be devastating to all living creatures on the planet. There will be compound crisis' happening at the same time in our cosmos.... [tags: apocolypse, two suns, astronomy]
721 words (2.1 pages)
- There is no question that the upcoming 2012 presidential election is shaping up to be an extremely close and competitive race. While President Obama holds all the advantages that an incumbent would possess, the fact that the country is facing uncertain times is not helpful for his reelection aspirations. A stubborn unemployment rate at 8.3%, high gas prices, skyrocketing debt, a struggling housing market, and a seemingly unending war in Afghanistan are all nuisances the president wishes would disappear before November 6, 2012.... [tags: Political Science]
1452 words (4.1 pages)
- Turning the age of sixteen is a huge step in the life of a teenager. When becoming the age of sixteen a new challenge is brought into that person’s life, and that new challenge is driving a car. But are sixteen year olds ready for this for this task. Some people would say that driving a car can be very problematic for a sixteen year old. Those people are right, sixteen year old should not be driving cars at that age, and just leave it for the people who are eighteen or even older to handle such a task.... [tags: teenager, driving, distraction]
1091 words (3.1 pages)
- ... There are other apps useful to the active consumer and can be downloaded with the help of an android phone. 1.3 Proposed Message Strategy Adjustments: The commercial itself is very dynamic in nature. It shows the promise made by the organization to put the magic back in flying. It shows a completely changed and overhauled customer experience and the transformed look of Virgin Australia. The campaign shall feature in outdoor, print, broadcast and social media. The commercial which is shot on the salt plains in Sydney is very catchy and attractive but should focus more on the broadened concept of Virgin Australia.... [tags: costs, message, image]
2053 words (5.9 pages)
- The purpose of this essay is to analyze a communication-related conflict occurring in Debbie’s organization within the past year. The analyzation of this conflict will look to explain how such communication either contributed to or prevented further conflict. As explained by Griffith and Goodwin in chapter 6 of Conflict Survival kit, “only when our words and behaviors are communicated and heard accurately can we hope to avoid conflicts, resolve them, and build intimate relationships with others.” Let’s explore the application of this concept in Debbie’s example of a workplace conflict.... [tags: Communication, Soldier, Sergeant Major, Conflict]
1034 words (3 pages)
- New Social Media Tools For Photographers A round up of other social sites that can help you to achieve your marketing objectives. INSTAGRAM When Facebook acquired the app for $1 billion in cash and stock in April 2012 many stood up and took notice. The social networking service enables users to take pictures and videos, edit them with filters, and share them across a variety of social media. Instagram’s feed is designed specifically for visual stimulation and to encourage interaction. Since its launch in October 2010, 150 million users have signed up and shared a total of 20 billion photos.... [tags: instagram, social sites]
929 words (2.7 pages)
- It hasn’t been even ten years and here we are all over again. For some reason the human race can not wait to be extinct, and we are already on track for another “Y2K” scare. Every time you turn on the History Channel there is another new program telling us how the world as we know it will end in a little more than two years, sending every viewer into a state of shock, and turning every Tivo into a doomsday prediction recorder from then on out. Now, I am all about putting out as much information about our everyday world out there for all to bear witness, but I also believe in unbiased coverage of events.... [tags: 2012, media, ]
972 words (2.8 pages)
- Chinese New Year is one of the most important traditional holidays in China. Chinese New Year is also known as the Lunar New Year and it is the longest celebration in the Chinese calendar. Chinese New Year is very different from other New Year because it is a more traditional celebration. Chinese New Year day falls on a different day each year, unlike the regular New Year. Chinese New Year helps bring family together. It is the day where everyone stop working and everyone travel back home where all the family members come together for an annual reunion and dinner.... [tags: Chinese New Year, Chinese calendar, China]
1420 words (4.1 pages)
- “Just as you usher in lights, lanterns and other forms of illuminations to welcome the New Year, may the New Year usher in for you new hopes, dreams and aspirations.” (Quote) This is but one of the many greetings of Chinese New Year’s that the Chinese population share and just as we will be ushering in a new semester late January, in china they will be preparing to usher in the Chinese New Year which will fall on Jan. 28 2016. Even though it starts early in January, the Chinese people will be preparing by cleaning up their homes and shrines for the joyous celebration that will last 15 days.... [tags: Chinese New Year, Chinese calendar]
1979 words (5.7 pages)
- To frack or not to frack, is the question that is heavily debated in Colorado. Many might think that fracking and oil and natural gas production in Colorado is a relatively new process, but it has actually been around for many decades. The industry has provided 110,000 jobs to the citizens of Colorado making gas and oil production very important to our state. Even though oil and natural gas have brought jobs and revenue to Colorado, the citizens of Colorado are much divided when it comes to fracking and how it effects our environment.... [tags: oil and natural gas production in Colorado]
1844 words (5.3 pages)
- An Evaluation Of An Employee 's Heart Felting From Home ( Telework Environment )
- The Issue Of Abortion Within The Torah
- The Frightening Statistics Of Diabetes And Obesity
- The United States As A Democracy
- Blacking Up, An Inspirational And Eye Opening Film
- The Differences Between The Cultures That Can Interfere With Productivity