Several years ago a person’s idea of someone being brave was someone who goes off to fight in battles and defend their country. On the other hand, today, someone is considered a brave person if they just do the bare minimum of standing up for themselves and for what they believe in. Nowadays people do not have to defend themselves or their country and people like others had to do several years ago. So, people’s idea of what a hero is or should be has changed even though the characteristic is the same exact one. A long time ago people wanted their hero to be brave and still today people want the same thing. People love their hero to be brave because if someone feels as though they do not have enough strength and courage to keep on going in life they want to look up to their hero and see that if they can do it so can they. Bravery is when someone is fearless, bold and daring and whether someone is an average person from five hundred years ago or an average person from today they want to see those strong traits i...
... middle of paper ...
...ough their phase where they want to be individuals. So, they would choose someone along those lines to be their hero. When a person becomes an adult, they start to appreciate family heroes, and all of the people who worked hard and sacrificed to help them out, and get to the point where they are at today. So basically, every age group is inspired by different qualities and that is why there are so many different heroes.
A person chooses someone to be his or her hero because they see admirable characteristics in that person. Whether it is someone from the past or someone from today a hero will always be someone that a person looks up to. A hero is a person that someone finds helpful when they are in a dreadful situation. Although the idea of what makes a hero has changed overtime, the concept that everyone needs a hero is still around and will stay around.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In Search Of A Hero For my research paper, I considered investigating many different NHL goalies that have influenced me because I have been an Ice Hockey goalie for 3 years now and I decided to choose Martin Brodeur of the New Jersey Devils because he is considered to be one of the best in the history of the game. I am interested in him because he has broken every record set by NHL goalies before him and has received several awards for his stellar play over the course of his career. His hybrid style, a mix of old and new techniques, is much different from any other goalie in the league and poses a challenge to other players that face him.... [tags: Hero]
787 words (2.2 pages)
- When the hero was first struggling to be defined, there were many different observations and opinions readily available to be thrown into the melting pot of the definition. Because there was no television, the heroes in the beginnings of British Literature were spoken of and read about then passed down through generations. Reading these stories in this day and age is interesting to look at because we can trace the difference in the heroes throughout Beowlf, Sir Gawain and the Green Knight and The Faerie Queene and therefore literally throughout time.... [tags: Definition of Hero]
1000 words (2.9 pages)
- The protagonist of this novel is Clive Beresford. He is a writer for a famous music magazine, and that is what his whole life is circled around: music. He began listening to music when he was a teenager and became obsessed with a band known as the “Thieving Magpies”. “But these Thieving Magpies sounded wicked. Get me to the record shop NOW” (Thorton 28). Ever since then, Clive has been obsessed with the band and wrote reviews for them. He was especially fond of the lead singer, Lance Webster, who, one night, mouthed off to the entire crowd at a concert and left the band.... [tags: The Alternative Hero]
687 words (2 pages)
- A knight in shining armor, riding on a shiny white horse with his sword and shield; this is the hero that many children fantasize about. In today’s society, this kind of hero is nearly impractical, but there are many people that can very closely live up to this expectation. A hero today is not just a person that has done something “good;” he does it exceptionally. He does it so well that it may even be referred to as impractical. If it weren’t for a hero named Walt Disney, Mickey Mouse wouldn’t exist.... [tags: Hero]
1335 words (3.8 pages)
- Robert Remini tells the readers in “The Battle of New Orleans” that he wishes to educate his audience of the hard-hitting times our soldiers endured in this remarkable battle that made America the strong and independent country it is today. It is important to Remini to depict the heroic feats of Andrew Jackson “who became a symbol of what was best in American society” (Remini xi) because of his great leadership and determined heart. The Battle of New Orleans was a great victory for America, during the War of 1812.... [tags: The Battle of New Orleans, american history]
959 words (2.7 pages)
- To the world today, a hero is someone distinguished by exceptional courage, nobility, or strength; but really, anyone can be a hero. A hero can vary from someone as well-known as George Washington to someone as unheard of as anyone’s very own mother. Someone who has done a good deed for someone else is hero. The biggest heroes are the ones in well-known books and plays, such as Odysseus from The Odyssey, or have made a huge difference in the history of this world, like Mahatma Gandhi. Siddhartha Gautama is a hero, but not in the same way Odysseus or Gandhi are.... [tags: Mythology ]
2189 words (6.3 pages)
- Shane, WHO IS THE HERO. Movies have evolved a great deal since the days when a couple fighting scenes and a small love story satisfied audiences. Today movie plots are much more complicated and have much more action, thanks to modern day technologies. Although these new technologies seem to make movies increasingly complicated, some crucial roles in movies will never change. One thing that has remained constant in the film industry is the role of the hero. No matter what the genera of the film and or when the film was made the hero’s always share similar characteristics and are put through similar series of tests to prove their heroism.... [tags: essays research papers]
1109 words (3.2 pages)
- The American Hero For many years the American Hero has filled the silver screen and wide screened television sets, along with shelves of countless bookstores. Audiences love to see the protagonist overcome great odds, defeat the forces of evil, and save the beautiful girl at the last second. The character of the American Hero however, is not a new idea. James Cooper, in the 1800’s, created the archetype of the American Hero. Natty Bumpo, also called Deerslayer, embodied many qualities of the great American Hero.... [tags: essays research papers]
468 words (1.3 pages)
- Jackson as a President: Yesterday and Today The Andrew Jackson Administration, from 1829 to 1837, was very important in American history. A self-made man, Jackson exemplified republican virtues by restraining a centralized government and promoting the powers of the people. His administration left a lasting impact on American politics. With his extreme usage of the presidential veto, Jackson strengthened the executive branch and rendered it equal in power to the legislative branch. These Jacksonian ideals of decentralized government can still be seen in politics to this day.... [tags: American America History]
956 words (2.7 pages)
- Hero Worship When asked to conjure up descriptions of a hero or heroism, many people would imagine similar scenes. The firefighters pulling a family from a burning building, a soldier saving his platoon from certain death, rescue workers pulling a stranded mountain climber from a precarious ledge, and the Knights of the Round Table saving a damsel in distress, are all examples of the "common" hero. Many people display heroism in everyday life but are rarely recognized either by their peers or by the media.... [tags: essays papers]
823 words (2.4 pages)