Culture is defined in many different ways across the world because people perceive it in their own unique way and it is a matter of perception and definition. Culture is how we perceive ourselves and how the world looks at us. It is the definition of ourselves and our background, the ethics and beliefs we hold on to, and it also represents the traditions and norms that we inherit and respect. Co-culture, on the other hand is the perception of membership in a group that is a part of an encompassing culture. Co-culture can be said to be the subdivision of culture. For instance, I am a Hindu. Hinduism is a co-culture. Most Hindus share the same festivals, rituals and customs such as Diwali celebration, wedding norms, traditional clothes and many more. There are many types of co-culture that people fit into.
When two or more of these cultures collide during a communication process, it is called an intercultural communication. To be more precise, intercultural communication occurs when two or more people from different cultures or co-cultur...
... middle of paper ...
...an only be comfortable in our life when standing high enough on the mountain. Somehow, a lot of adults treat their job as their best achievement in their life. Hence, they always work hard until midnight and rarely care about their family especially for men. The relationship with their child had been weakening due to excessive pursuit for the achievement.
In a nutshell, every culture is unique and special in its own way. It is just how we perceive it. There is always good and bad in everything. We as an educated and evolved generation should be wise enough to accept the good part and neglect the bad side of a particular culture. That way we can keep moving forward in life with a wonderful self-identity and life principles.
Adler R. B., Rosenfeld L. B., Proctor II R. F. Interplay. New York: Oxford University Press, Oxford, 2007.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Introduction Nationalism can be defined as sprit or aspirations common to the whole of a nation, also someone that devote and loyalty to own country.Nationalism is a form of love toward your country, this form of love has been trained since young the honour being one of your country, willing to do anything include risking your own life to protect the it and people of the country from any harm as an act of loyalty to the country, for example, the heroes that risk their lives to save this country.... [tags: National Aspirations, Malaysia, Culture, Country]
1276 words (3.6 pages)
- Malaysia’s Democracy and Development State This essay aims to analyze the Malaysia’s democracy over the last 20 years and evaluate the relationship between Malaysia’s politics and economic development. Malaysia is one of the most developed countries in Southeast Asia, surpassed in per capita income only by Singapore and the small but oil-rich sultanate of Brunei Darussalam. In developing its economy, Malaysia originally relied on commodity exports of rubber, tin, palm oil, and petroleum. However, recently, it gained competitiveness in export manufactures, especially in the electronics sector.... [tags: Malaysia, Mahathir bin Mohamad]
2224 words (6.4 pages)
- users query an entity pairs with a bunch of context entities, they prefer to know the exact relations between such an entity pair under those context entities base, so results should be selected and ranked focusing on those “constraints” or “subgroups”. Note that although we strongly recommend to use context entities or entity modifiers, our system actually allows to query all indexed words as query keywords. Type-pair-specific priors + Pattern driven ranking Another observation is that the association of related phrases and entity instances usually formulates some regular patterns and the distribution of relation phrases and patterns vary depending on the entity pair type information (See... [tags: Sentence, Phrase, Word, Entity]
1425 words (4.1 pages)
- Neighboring countries Singapore and Malaysia may be geographically within spitting distance but their economic polices, corporate culture, future goals and many more are independent. According to a book written by Mahathir Mohamad, Malaysia views Singapore as a Chinese nation while they consider Malaysia primarily as the Malay state. (Mohamad, 2005) One factor these two nations share in common is the pluralistic feature. Even though each has a different dominant race, both nations comprise of similar races from similar backgrounds but different perspectives mostly due to the influence of how each nation or leader governs their economic and social policy towards a better development of the ov... [tags: Economic Analysis, Malaysia]
2097 words (6 pages)
- Introduction I would like to do the research paper in the external environment analysis before decide to open the Disney theme park in Johor Bahru, Malaysia. Johor Bahru is the capital city of the Johor state of Malaysia. Johor Bahru city receives about 16 million tourists annually (Wonderful Malaysia). Johor is connected by two bridges with neighboring Singapore country, which bring Johor into the biggest financial center in Malaysia. Culture Malaysia is a highly multicultural country such as Malaysians, Chinese and Indians.... [tags: Malaysia, Singapore, The Walt Disney Company]
1608 words (4.6 pages)
- Every organization has its own culture and structure that shape the entire performance of the organization. In this case, Malaysia Airlines Company indeed has changes almost the entire expect such as CEO, retrenched of employees and by introducing the concept of merger. MAS used to be the top airline services before the incident such as MH370 and MH17. That where the MAS organization decided to replace the old CEO to New CEO named Christopher Muller. Muller as the new CEO have officially effective in May 1, thus after for seeing the both incidents, he immediately come out with a strategic plan to remake the new look of MAB company.... [tags: Airline, Malaysia Airlines, Singapore Airlines]
1219 words (3.5 pages)
- Business Entities During the start-up of any business there are decisions that the owners must make to determine the type of business entity that they are interested in forming. A business entity is an “Organization established as a separate existence for the purposes of taxes.” (“What is business entity. Definition and meaning,” 2016). In order to make an informed choice about a few things that will pay a huge part in your entity. Business owners have to take into consideration the market niche, in some areas corporate nimbyism.... [tags: Corporation, Types of business entity]
887 words (2.5 pages)
- The basic concepts and purposes of multicultural counseling include the following answers. The main purpose of multicultural counseling is creating a positive and friendly environment, when counseling clients from an ethical or racial background or minority group. The main goal for counselors is to recognize issues of multicultural diversity in today’s society. These potential clients can include people in business, medical, or manufacturing as well as, students, and immigrants. The culture centered approach to counseling in a positive way but these behaviors can have no meaning, until both the client and the therapist understand the cultural context.... [tags: multicultural counseling, counseling, ]
489 words (1.4 pages)
- The Internet Infra-structure The internet usage is growing very rapidly in Malaysia in the recent years. The internet is well-known as JARING (Joint Advanced Research Networking) in Malaysia. Currently, MIMOS (Malaysian Institute of Microelectronics Systems), a governemt agency is overall maintaining and responsible for the the network backbone for JARING. Due to the rapid growth, the director-general of MIMOS Dr Tengku Mohamed Azzman Shariffadeen has made a press statement lately that under the Seventh Malaysia Plan, the speed of the network will be upgraded to about 20 to 300 times.... [tags: Malaysia Internet Business]
1617 words (4.6 pages)
- A. INTRODUCTION Malaysia has developed Knowledge Management program since 1957 after Independence Day. In early stage 1970’s development a growth was concentrated in the agriculture and natural resources sectors. The official of Knowledge Economy started a few years ago by Former Minister of Malaysia Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamad emphasised the knowledge can growth productivity in Knowledge rich economies. In their speech mentioned skill and speed comes from the depth of knowledge that one has of the different elements and technology capacity can be made to work yield desired result.... [tags: Knowledge Management]
2448 words (7 pages)