A low carb diet is defined as follows; “a low carb diet limits carbohydrates such as those found in grains, starchy vegetables and fruit, and emphasizes foods high in protein and fat. Each diet has varying restrictions on the types and amounts of carbohydrates you can eat. Low-carb diets are commonly used for losing weight” (Mayo Clinic). With that, the girl that was pictured in the third grade, now in college, has done research on what it takes to make an efficacious low carb diet work. Although some believe that low carb diets can be harmful or not of use past a certain amount of time, this is not true. “Low Carb diets also appear to have outstanding safety profiles. No serious side effects have been reported” (Authority Nutrition). There have been more than a few other diets that have been analyzed such as the Atkins diet, or just pure cardio to help people lose...
... middle of paper ...
... in either inches, weight, or even feeling better. Low carb diets are achievable; it comes down to if that persons will to lose weight is strong enough.
The college freshman that has been rushing across campus for low carb snacks in between classes, sacrificing her favorite foods, counting calories, and drinking a gallon of water every day, is now down eleven pounds and has shaved off five and a half inches in eight days. Low carb diets are tough. Low carb diet require sacrifice. Furthermore, low carb diets can change lives. College students can implement a low carb diet into their everyday lives if so desired and push towards the results they want to see. This low carb diet is one of the safest ways to diet while maintaining a healthy and happy lifestyle. Low carb diets are a great way to make one feel like they can accomplish the terrible grudge of losing weight.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Story of a Girl’s Low Carb Diet Portray the scene as follows; a girl is in the third grade just recently diagnosed with Juvenile Rheumatoid arthritis. Her world is turned upside down with injections twice a week and pills that make her sick to her stomach daily. The pain in her joints is monumental. Prednisone a steroid used to eliminate joint swelling and pain caused her to gain a significant amount of weight in a rapid amount of time. Subsequently the third grade, this girl has struggled with her weight persistently gaining up into her senior year of high school.... [tags: Nutrition, Obesity, Low-carbohydrate diet]
878 words (2.5 pages)
- Low carbohydrate (carb) diets have been used as a weight loss treatment for many years. Recently low carbohydrate diets are being used with athletes as a performance enhancement method by changing training adaptations. This essay will examine the health risks and benefits of a low carb diet, as well as the effects of low carb diets on the endurance athlete in regards to their training and performance. There are many short term benefits of low carb diets. However there are also many long term risks that outweigh the benefits for the general population.... [tags: Fatty Acids, Healthy Cellular Growth]
1824 words (5.2 pages)
- The Atkins Diet: Low-Carb Mania Dr. Robert Atkins ignited the dieting world when he introduced the word “low carb mania,” which is now known as the Atkins diet. The diet claims that you can lose weight on a high fat, high protein diet. The program works on four main principles which are to limit the amount of consumption of simple carbohydrates, increase the intake of protein, to exercise on a daily basis, and to maintain proper food consumption. The new diet revolution has stirred up a controversial debate on whether the higher fat, lower carb diet is healthy in the long run for diet consumers.... [tags: Health Nutrition Diet Exercise Essays]
441 words (1.3 pages)
- Deciphering Low-Carb Diet Jargon The medical world is a complicated one with constant changes in what is recommended for good health. Trying to keep up with current information is challenging enough, but deciphering the technical jargon can be the most confusing part. The low-carb diet craze exploded into the media with Atkins, The Zone, and the South Beach Diet. Accompanying these names are words such as glucose and fructose with many people know are different forms of sugar. But what do some of these other common words and phrases mean.... [tags: Nutritio]
434 words (1.2 pages)
- The following report shows the development of an enquiry question and some brief research on type 2 diabetic patients on a low carb diet. The following points about my research questions will be discussed: question selection process, the development of my enquiry question, personal and social significance, current knowledge and research. Question Selection: 1. How much can a low carb diet prevent or cure type 2 diabetes. 2. How do low carb diets affect your blood sugar. 3. If low carb diets are so effective, why are people still overweight.... [tags: Nutrition, Obesity, Carbohydrate]
1054 words (3 pages)
- South Beach Diet: The Healthy Low Carb Alternative The South Beach Diet is a healthy alternative for promoting a healthy heart and lifestyle and for losing weight. Though often referred to as a low carbohydrate diet, South Beach does not endorse eating the unlimited fats and proteins that have become a signature criticism of the low carb diets. Instead, the diet was created with the intention of improving people’s cardiovascular health while also helping them to lose weight. The general concerns voiced about low carbohydrate diets do not apply to the South Beach Diet.... [tags: Health Nutrition Diet Exercise Essays]
880 words (2.5 pages)
- In a society where ones’ pants size measures their self worth, it is no wonder why fad diets, have taken over in the struggle to lose weight. Over the past few decades, Hollywood has painted an unattainable image of the perfect body. Although many celebrities' physical appearance may appear healthy, the measures taken to obtain their body shape can cause numerous health risks. It seems as though, every time people turn on their television, or flip through a magazine, there is a new diet claiming to “melt away” the pounds.... [tags: Low Carb Diet Program and Weight Loss Plan]
2181 words (6.2 pages)
- The Atkins Analysis The Atkins diet has remained a popular diet in America since its introduction by Cardiologist Robert C. Atkins in 1972 through his book, Dr. Atkins’ Diet Revolution. The Atkins diet and its variations remain popular in America by those who are trying to lose weight. In fact, it has been estimated that nearly 25 million Americas are trying a low carb diet at any time. Adkins’ books have remained extremely popular throughout the years. The Atkins diet plan is premised on the idea of limiting carbohydrate intake to control weight loss.... [tags: Nutrition, Obesity, Low-carbohydrate diet]
1865 words (5.3 pages)
- ... A few of the types of low-carb diets are the South Beach Diet, and the Atkins Diet. WebMD, a medical site that provides valuable health information, reports, “There are three phases to the South Beach Diet, in phase 1 you are restricted to a lot of protein, some fats, and carbs with the lowest glycemic index, phase 2 slowly reintroduces healthy carbs into your diet, and phase 3 is all about maintaining your weight.” There are also three stages to the Atkins Diet, WebMD states, “the first stage has very specific rules, such as: no more than 20 grams of carbs per day; protein and fat from different meats, butter, and vegetable oils; no pasta, bread, grains, fruit, starchy vegetables, or da... [tags: Weight-loss, Health]
943 words (2.7 pages)
- The Carb-Cutting Atkins Diet America is getting fatter. Recent statistics have shown large leaps in percentage the overweight in our country. As the obesity epidemic continues to grow, companies and nutritionists around the country work at a fanatical pace to develop new techniques which they claim can help prevent the emergence of an overweight America. Often, these techniques include diets – ranging from the highly sensible to the highly controversial. One such meal plan, which has recently been in the center stage of the media, is the carb-cutting Atkins Diet.... [tags: Health Nutrition Diet Exercise Essays]
972 words (2.8 pages)