As you can see, mobile computing is more important than ever and it would do a company well to develop an application that can be used on these mobile platforms as a means of reaching their customers. Another great thing about mobile applications is that they are incredibly versatile. There are literally millions of mobile apps in existence that do a number of amazing things. We have banking apps that allow a user to deposit a check into their account via photo, airline apps that allow passengers to literally download their boarding passes onto their phones and apps that allow you to remote view and control HD cameras all from your phone. This is on top of the innumerable games, social networking apps and music players that are available for download. Mobile applications have come a long way in a short time but there are limitations that we have had to overcome and ones that we still face today. As...
... middle of paper ...
... important to them and I personally know a few people who own a smartphone in spite of not owning a personal computer. Mobile application development is something that I believe to be very important and will only become more integral to our society in years to come!
"The 10 Principles of Mobile Interface Design." Creative Bloq. Creative Bloq, 15 Apr. 2012. Web. 12 Dec. 2013.
Anderson, Nicole. "History of Mobile Application Development." Ezine Articles. N.p., n.d. Web. 12 Dec. 2013.
"The History Of Mobile Application Development." TechVorm. TechVorm, 15 July 2013. Web. 12 Dec. 2013.
Khan, Obaiduzzaman, MD. "Mobile Web vs. Desktop Web." The Tech Journal RSS. The Tech Journal, 22 June 2011. Web. 12 Dec. 2013.
"Mobile UI Design – User Centered Design and UI Best Practices." Mobile UI Design. Openroad Communications, 01 Oct. 2009. Web. 12 Dec. 2013.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Mobile Based Applications and Geolocation This term paper will access the effectiveness and efficiency mobile-based applications provide to capture geolocation data and customer data, and quickly upload to a processing server without users having to use a desktop system. I will evaluate benefits realized by consumers because of the ability to gain access to their own data via mobile applications. I will examine the challenges of developing applications that run on mobile devices because of the small screen size.... [tags: effectiveness, efficiency, location data]
2810 words (8 pages)
- In the world we live in today, it seems that you almost cannot buy a piece of electronic equipment that does not contain some kind of wireless capability. Back when wireless internet first became available to the average consumer it was confined to our home network. As the technology continued to become more and more advanced, the wants of the consumer continued to grow to where we are today. Next time you decide to upgrade your cell phone, look and see how difficult it is to find one that is not a smart phone.... [tags: Mobile phone, Bluetooth]
2017 words (5.8 pages)
- Today, there are over 6 billion people in the world. Out of those 6 billion people, 4.6 billion people have access to a cell phone/ telecommunication device. Technological advances has allowed the cell phone market to flourish and grow since the late 20th century. In fact, in the last 20 years cell phones have evolved from landlines to smart phones. While there are many effects from the growth of the mobile phone market, it is important to observe and analyze the positive and negative externalities on which the mobile phone market presents to both producers and consumers.... [tags: Mobile phone, Smartphone, Internet]
934 words (2.7 pages)
- Introduction From the ancient days human being has invented many new methods for communication in order to transfer their messages to each other. Now we can see that there are many methods using which we can establish effective communication. One of those reliable methods of communication is Mobile Ad Hoc network (MANET). It is also referred as Mobile mesh network. It is an automatic-configured network of mobile devices which are connected by the wireless links. It is a new technique of wireless paradigm for the mobile hosts.... [tags: protocol developers, applications]
2277 words (6.5 pages)
- 2. Employees and culture: Google hires the best people in the technology industry and most of its employees are from top colleges and universities in the world. Google has been in #1 spot in the fortune’s 100 best places to work for list for the past several years. The company encourages flexibility, teamwork, collaboration and provides best in class benefits to its employees. Some of these benefits include onsite wellness centers, laundry, daycare, ping pong tables, massage centers and free gourmet food in the cafeteria.... [tags: Culture, Android, Mobile]
1463 words (4.2 pages)
- It is unquestionable that texting while driving or using any mobile device for any reason especially for texting is a recipe for disaster. Being stuck behind a texter is a frustrating experience to say the least. They might cause you to stay an extra cycle at the light because they did not notice the light turning green. This can set off a driver and induce road rage and now there are multiple dangerous drivers on the road. If you text and drive your nit just a hazard at lights, texters swerve and cause accidents because their focus is not driving.... [tags: Mobile phone, Text messaging, Amy Klobuchar]
1245 words (3.6 pages)
- The product that this company will be providing is a software application that can be placed on your mobile device in addition to being able to be accessed online. Users will download the application from our website directly allowing for them to select the application that fits their needs. For the first product line we will be targeting provincial meat processing plants. This product line will allow for the users to easily complete government required paperwork. There will be three versions of this software.... [tags: System software, Application software]
1573 words (4.5 pages)
- SQLite in Android Applications If we look at the architecture of Android we come to know that SQLite is present in the libraries section as the resident or embedded Relational DBMS, which can be used in applications in which content provider is involved (Holla & Katti, 2012). Architecture of android application is given in the figure 1. It is important to store, use and modify data by using SQLite in the system because Android provides the facility of this database to the people so that they can access the information that are presents in the contact list or mainly in its main RDBMS.... [tags: SQL, Database, Database management system]
1708 words (4.9 pages)
- An Outlook of Mobile Commerce Driven by a widespread understanding of the Internet's capabilities, the power of electronic commerce, and advances in wireless technologies and devices, mobile commerce (m-commerce) is rapidly approaching the business forefront. Mobile commerce is defined in the academic literature in the areas of management information systems, management, finance, accounting, as well as marketing. Each area has its own distinctive point of view as to what constitutes mobile commerce.... [tags: Mobile Commerce Business]
858 words (2.5 pages)
- Platforms consist of operating systems. A mobile operating system is the software that controls all basic operations. It allows for the installation and execution of apps. Operating systems often have toolkits that allow for the applications to communicate with each other. Android OS is the largest operating system. Android OS uses an open source operating system under Google. While the core operating system is open, other parts are licensed. An Android trademark cannot be used unless it is certified by Google against the Compatibility Definition Document (CDD) (Healey, 2014, Chapter 6, p.... [tags: Platforms, Operating Systems, software]
1719 words (4.9 pages)