Still laying in my bed and thinking about yesterday, a though crossed my mind. Why did he even want me to meet him? To be frank, I may seem like that girl next door with good grades, friends, family - a great life. No. There's a lot more in it. But there's one thing, I am not something special nor something interesting or exciting.
Being remembered of myself by this thought, I let out a heavy sigh. I take a glance out the window and closed my eyes. They stayed close for a short time until I opened them again ready to face the world.
I slowly pushed myself up to sit and took a look around my room. I like my walls a lot. Mint green is a nice colour. Apart from that there is nothing special. I sigh again before I finally get out of the bed and went straight to the bathroom doing the usual. Taking a cold shower, brushing my t...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Economics on How To Cake It How To Cake It is a YouTube channel that shows the steps taken to create cakes that do not look like cakes (they often times are made to look like other foods). This show relates to the ideas of economics in many ways. The first few ways are focused on how people make decisions. In the show How To Cake It every week they create a different themed cake. They make this choice each week based on suggestions in the comments of the previous videos. Their team must then choose from the top two suggestions and choose the theme they’d like to do for that week.... [tags: Baking, Economics, Cake]
1020 words (2.9 pages)
- A. Attention Material: Who believes cake is bad for you. Who thinks cake is good. B. Relevancy Material: A large portion of you in the audience tonight is probably unaware of the positive effects cake can have on us. Today, cake doesn’t exactly have a great reputation due to the negative commentary we hear in media outlets, typically concerning health and weight. C. Credibility Material: However, in my research, I have found a multitude of studies and statistics supporting my claim and the many benefits there are for the consumption of cake.... [tags: Obesity, Nutrition, Cake, Cakes]
1297 words (3.7 pages)
- Cake decorating is a famous work of art today. I chose this because my aunt is a cake decorator and I have seen the work she has done, and I am very impressed. The well-known cake decorator today is Buddy Valastro, from Cake Boss. It is art because it’s a way people can express themselves. The purpose is to make cakes for people upon their request. It gives you a sense of satisfaction when you look at it. There are lots of different tools needed depending on the type of cake you’re doing. For a basic cake, you need an offset spatula for smoothing frosting, rubber spatula for stirring frosting, bench scraper for smooth, clean lines, rolling pin for smoothing fondant, piping bags to hold your... [tags: Espresso, Art, Ripple effect, Cakes, Cake Boss]
726 words (2.1 pages)
- A chocolate cake should be easy and fun to make at home with friends, family, or even your children. They could help you and learn how to make a chocolate cake too. It could be a perfect cake for a birthday party, friends to come over, or a Thanksgiving and Christmas party dessert. The decadent dessert is great for chocolate lovers and will be a hit at your next party. The cake shouldn 't take you long to make it, but you will make a lot of mess doing the cake. Making a decision chocolate cracks cake would be a great treat that you will enjoy.... [tags: Milk, Chocolate, Cake, Butter]
879 words (2.5 pages)
- The purpose of this paper is to tell people the process of making a delicious dessert, “my favorite cake.” Chocolate cake goes back to 1764 when James Baker discovered how to make chocolate. Carmel is made by melting a variety of sugars together. This cake can be made so special occasions or just for a regular dinner. “My favorite cake is a chocolate cake mix, water, oil, and eggs with holes filled with caramel inside it. Cool whip on the top with toffee bits on top of the cool whip. My family has always left the cake in the refrigerator over night but you do not have to.... [tags: Baking, Bread, Cake, Butter, Bundt cake, Mix]
719 words (2.1 pages)
- Tips On Choosing Your Wedding Cake Wedding is one of the most magical moments in your life. You would want it to be perfect in every way and in every detail. Hence choosing the most beautiful cake there would ever be is very important. You would not want the type of cake which melts outside your glass garage door in Michigan right. So it means you really have to look at the following tips for you to have the wonder cake you are dreaming of. . Start early. Your venue choice can really influence the aesthetic and design details of your cake: Delicate buttercream icing won’t withstand the heat as well as sturdier fondant at an outdoor summer wedding, for example, so once you’ve secured your lo... [tags: Wedding cake, Cakes, Cake, Icing, Bread, Baking]
821 words (2.3 pages)
- Some of the best beverages in the world are made using the humble coffee bean. I know that coffee, in all it 's guises, surely makes my life better. But understanding the difference between espresso and coffee or the difference between coffee and cappuccino can feel tricky at first. I know the first time I walked into a coffee shop by myself I was a little overwhelmed. I didn 't know the difference between latte and cappuccino, let alone the difference between mocha and latte. I was able to learn, eventually.... [tags: Coffee, Espresso, Milk, Caffeine]
1512 words (4.3 pages)
- It's the Cake The title above comes from a comment made by author Jerry Hirschberg. "Creative activity [isn't] the icing on the cake. Human creativity is the cake." Getting a bite of this cake is what proves to be frustrating for some people. Simply put, there isn't one sure-fire method to achieve creative success. However, there are certainly underlying attitudes and patterns that one can perceive in creative people, (and in this most humble of papers), I will attempt to show to you through texts such as Hirschberg's The Creative Priority and my own forays with Madame Creatividad that experiencing creativity is simply a matter of opening yourself up to the world around you.... [tags: Creative Creativity Essays]
1518 words (4.3 pages)
- There are cakes all over the world that symbolize different events such as birthday parties, special events, or if you are like me where every day is national cake day. Cake can mean much more than that though. You can use cake to symbolize your life is a way you never thought about for example; comparing a cake to making the perfect relationship with someone. It may seem crazy, but just here me out. There are many types of cake in the world that have many different flavors, styles, layers, and recipes for delicious cakes, but one thing that’s common about all cakes is that they can feel like trying to make the perfect relationship by starting with a great recipe, making the cake , and then... [tags: Friendship, Interpersonal relationship, Cake]
1254 words (3.6 pages)
- Starbucks Coffee Table of Contents Introduction 3 Product Analysis 3 Product Overview 3 Market Structure 4 Competition 5 Dunkin Donuts 7 Krispy Kreme 3 McDonalds 8 Panera Bread 8 Elasticity Estimates Pricing Strategy 10 Forecast 12 Determants of Demand 13 Forecast Model 15 Forecast Summary 15 Works Cited Introduction With the economy in trouble, the stock market tanking it is important to start your day with a good cup of coffee to take on these challenges. Can Starbuck’s sustain it business model and place in the market.... [tags: Starbucks Coffee Case Study]
7480 words (21.4 pages)