This lesson plan is designed for students to learn in a creative way. This project will not only allow the students to learn how to work together as a team, but to allow them to gain knowledge to help them move forward in the course. During this project, the students will be able to construct the questions about the properties of each component provided. Later, the students will be able to respond with 80% accuracy. This lesson will allow them to enhance their thinking skills, which will help them identify similarities and differences. Resources will be available for the students to help them complete this project successfully. Learner diversity is a big deal with this lesson plan, and it is very important because it helps me understand that while each student learns differently there is a way to make each student feel comfortable with how they learn. Lower level learners will have a modified lesson helper that will help them to identify all of the liquids in the cups. These students will have modified total points that accommodate their needs. Teacher will help students generate questions about what they would like to know, before lesson begins.
I made some changes with my lesson plan so it can encourage me to reach out to my students better. It is important that I stay on the right track with the framework for the 21st century learning process. My lesson plan relies on this learning process. “A focus on creativity, critical thinking, communication and collaboration is essential to prepare students for the future” (P21, n.d., para.7). While this project and lesson is made for students to have fun with learning, it also has a way in teaching them life lessons. This is what education is all about...
... middle of paper ...
...e are all in this together and it will be a fun process and experiment. Active comprehension and Marzano’s strategies have been very helpful during this process. I believe this lesson allows the students to go the distance and it gives them some independence as they explore opportunities. “Today 's students need to develop thinking skills, content knowledge, and social and emotional competencies to navigate complex life and work environments” (P21, n.d., para.9). Them thinking through this lesson allows them to develop and solve problems correctly. During evaluation I plan to help my students the right way and continue to keep them on the right track. Participation is a big thing so I make sure to keep the lesson at a minimum so all students can participate especially in discussion. Participation will allow me to understand their ideas throughout the lesson.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The main objective of this lesson is to make the students able to understand information, whether it is in written or audio-video format, related to climate change so that they would be able to use that information in spoken or written communication. Climate change, as we know it, is a very popular topic. We could perhaps find this topic discussed in the news, internet, or on TV almost on a daily basis. Some people may also bring this topic in their conversation with friends, family, etc. In a similar situation, ESL students may need to know what is discussed on TV or news about the topic.... [tags: Climate, Speaking, Vocabulary]
849 words (2.4 pages)
- Constructivist Teaching The lesson plan created for kindergarten students based on Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS), does not attempt to address all performance expectations and disciplinary core ideas in one lesson but rather is presented in seven lessons over the span of several days. Therefore, not all lessons will contain the elements of “engaging in arguments from evidence” or “obtaining, evaluating, and communicating information” (NGSS, 2013). However, from the start of lesson plan 1 to the end of lesson 7, these key practices will have been applied.... [tags: Force, Classical mechanics, Gravitation]
2539 words (7.3 pages)
- Introduction It is of the utmost importance that while lesson planning, a variety of different aspects are taken into consideration to ensure that all students are being benefited. This essay will outline how the three lesson sequences have been created to engage students, as well as the measurements taken to differentiate learning. Engaging Students To engage students in these lessons, a variety of activities were set up to ensure that all students being actively engaged in their learning. These activities have many different approaches to ensure that all learning styles were catered for.... [tags: Education, Lesson plan, Teacher, Activity]
1025 words (2.9 pages)
- From taking minutes we learnt that it was important to keep track of what we were doing each lesson as it is easy to lose track. The planning process can then be recounted and referred back to with ease. Being able to refer to the minutes was good as it was easy to check that everyone done what they had to. It also made the assignment easier to reflect on and assessed as it shows a timeline of the assignment process. Finally it also provides evidence that my capabilities were built upon gradually throughout the assignment.... [tags: Teacher, Lesson plan, Lesson, Teaching]
1886 words (5.4 pages)
- What went well After doing the lesson, I felt that many things went well. According to the class evaluations and observation, the class really enjoyed the 4 different explore sound stations. The stations allowed for self-discovery, but were also structured enough for the teacher to have control. Classmates also liked the pictures that went along with the vocabulary terms. I think we did well with monitoring the students. We made sure the students were ready to continue to the next thing by having them give us “a thumbs up/ thumps down”.... [tags: Teacher, Learning, Education, Lesson plan]
712 words (2 pages)
- A great Challenge Being a teacher is not easy as many people think the process of teaching a language class and prepare a lesson plan for 20 -30 students it is a new challenge to complete, but nevertheless it was an exciting and productive process. Something that I like is the fact that at the end of this process I learned how to prepare a lesson plan and I was able to help the rest of the group. At first I thought that the lesson went well but there were some aspects that could have been better, of the entire lesson plan one thing that I did not expect was the "Homework section", because this specific section did not coincide with the rest of the lesson plan.... [tags: Teacher, Education, Lesson plan]
772 words (2.2 pages)
- As teachers we plan our lessons and think to ourselves, "my students are going to love this lesson and will be able to understand what I am teaching", but sometimes that isn 't the case. You may plan a lesson in hopes that your students understand but it doesn 't go as planned. Every student learns differently and thinks differently and because of this we, as teachers must learn to differentiate our lessons. This may require us to change the way we deliver our lesson, change the activities for our lessons or even change the wording of our material so students understand.... [tags: Education, Learning, Teacher, Lesson plan]
1877 words (5.4 pages)
- Innovation during a Crisis: Advancement of Aviation Technology during WWI Lesson Plan Context: This lesson is designed for students in the fifth to eight grade level. Many of these students will already have an extensive background in aviation and/or aviation history. The lesson plan occurs in an informal class setting at a Museum as one day during a five day summer camp session named Wright Flyer to Right Now. The summer camp spends each day exploring a different period in aerospace technology starting with the early days of flight and ending with current space exploration.... [tags: Lesson Plan]
1137 words (3.2 pages)
- There are many different ways that a teacher is able to put together and use a lesson plan. They are able to create the lesson plan themselves and follow the path that is set by a textbook, or they can use an integrated plan that incorporates all of the main school subjects in it. They are also able to use a teacher prepared plan that was put together for them by another teacher that has been around longer, or they are able to use a commercially purchased plan that is created by an outside company to use.... [tags: Teacher, Lesson plan, Education, Teaching]
846 words (2.4 pages)
- Chapters seven, eight, and nine of Sheltered Instruction Observation Protocol (SIOP) were very helpful. I feel comfortable in my teaching ability and understand I have a lot to learn. There are many things that made me feel more comfortable that were established through the SIOP model. SIOP has proven to be an effective model for teaching students English proficiency. One thing that I was anxious to read about was incorporating hands on material for students. Students need to be given many chances to practice what they have learned.... [tags: Teacher, Education, Lesson plan, Teaching]
1711 words (4.9 pages)