Nursing is referred to as an ‘art’ and a ‘science’. It is a profession or practice that provides necessary care to ill individuals. Registered nurse is the main sect of nursing that demonstrates competence in the provision of nursing care in line with the registering authority’s licence to practice, educational preparation relevant to legislation, standards and codes and context of care. Registered nurses are required to recognise an individuals social factors such as; beliefs, sexuality, ethnicity and culture that could potential impact their belief s about health. Monika stated that a registered Nurse is required to respect the individual treatment choices of their patients and that they could only suggest the best treatment option for them. Registered nurses work in many different types of settings such as hospitals, Military Rehabilitation and schools. Monika allowed us to know these various different types of settings, as many nursing students don’t feel comfortable with the idea of working in a hospital setting. Monika told us that nursing students are not limited to only seeking employment in hospitals
Furthermore upon Gra...
... middle of paper ...
...s a second carer for men and in previous times society has stigmatised Nurses as being Females. Monika said that number are bound to improve as male nurses are younger then female Nurses with 56 % of Male nurses being under the age of 40 compared to only 40 % of female nurses being under 40.
Overall this was an extremely interesting lecture to attend it has given in depth information of what nursing is and the different types of areas that Registered Nurses are able to work in. this lecture also showed me how my course could link up to the bachelor of Nursing at Victoria University. this lecture also included the percentage of Registered Nurses In Australia which was an interesting fact to me and made me consider and ask my self why I never considered completing a nursing degree. This lecture was very informative, easy to understand and I enjoyed attending it.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- A Bachelor’s Degree requires several years of undergraduate school to obtain based upon the institute or field of study. In my opinion, not all jobs should require a Bachelor’s Degree because some jobs are common knowledge that are stepping-stones to higher-level jobs. People who acquire these jobs are generally high school students, people who cannot find jobs with their degrees, or people who never went to college who need a job to support themselves. These part-time jobs should prepare people for the real world; understand the worth of money, the responsibility it comes with and set priorities.... [tags: Academic degree, Bachelor's degree]
1176 words (3.4 pages)
- It is my pleasure to introduce myself, I am Czarina Ric Bacuetes. I was born on the 23rd of August, 1994 and I am a Filipino. Currently, I am staying here in Australia with a tourist visa for almost a year and I really enjoy staying here. I am planning to study Bachelor of Nursing at Western Sydney. My studies will be financed by my aunt who is an Australian citizen and works as a Quality Manager at Roche _________. Back at home, I was a student at the University of the Philippines taking up Bachelor in Secondary Education Major in Special Education from 2012 to July of 2015.... [tags: Nursing, Bachelor of Science in Nursing]
1000 words (2.9 pages)
- Personal statement I wish to study the “Nutrition” bachelor 's degree course because health is the most important thing in our live. Although “health is wealth”, health is priceless. That is why we have to be more concern about what we eat every day. Otherwise, you have a lot of money but you still can not do anything to gain the health. So, if we do not eat healthy, we will get sick easily; especially having malnutrition, obesity or anorexia. Since I was young,I have always check on the label which on the food pack, and look for the ingredients in it in order to find out is it good or bad for my body.... [tags: Nutrition, Soft drink, Food, Health]
760 words (2.2 pages)
- Over the past eight weeks this class has not only fulfilled my major requirements, but also made me understand more about the complexity of child development and how I can become a better person as a future parent and educator. Since I am an Education major, the four topics that would benefit me in the future are Erikson’s stages, Induction, Educational Self Fulfilling Philosophy, and Adolescence. I plan to be successful with my career and use what I have learned in Child Development to prepare future’s leaders of tomorrow.... [tags: Course Reflection]
1725 words (4.9 pages)
- The Three Most Important Things I’ve learned in this Course Bank Reserves Bank Reserves are banks that hold currency and deposits in accounts with their central bank or the Federal Reserve. These reserves are essentially held in bank vaults also called cash vaults. All banks hold required reserves due to the reserve requirements set by the Federal Reserve. Banks hold additional reserves, called excess reserves which banks use to meet its obligations when funds are withdrawn, either by a depositor or when a check is written on an account.... [tags: Course Reflection]
1166 words (3.3 pages)
- The orientation of a leader comes from an entirely different place from that of one who identifies their orientation as a “servant leader mindset” (SLM) I contend from here it is transformative, evolved. While servant leadership is a timeless concept, the phrase “servant leadership” was coined by (Robert K. Greenleaf 1970). With an emphasis on “following” it is the oldest of leadership change dating back to the 4th century B.C. (Brewer, 2010) “servant leadership” coined by Robert Greenleaf in 1970, but has its’ roots firmly planted in classical antiquity.... [tags: leaders, leadership, servant leader]
639 words (1.8 pages)
- Completing my Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) has been one of my goals after I graduated from my Associate Degree in Nursing, and I said one of my goals because my ultimate goal is to become an Advance Practice Registered Nurse. It is the first time I am taking classes online and all my efforts will be in turn this journey into a positive experience to achieve my goals. One of the biggest challenge is to overcome the lack of time between my family and my work, but it is essential for my career to achieve the Bachelor Degree in Nursing, as well as personal development.... [tags: Nursing, Health, Health care]
965 words (2.8 pages)
- Now that I have completed this course, I can see the course applying to my ministry in the following ways so that I may understand the text and the different ways of preaching each subject. As a preacher, it is necessary to understand how to explain God’s promise in which he will pour His Spirit upon people in every special way so that every man receives a different gift that he who has ears and hearts will listen to God’s words and come to Him. The most significant things to my ministry are that each theme has four main different parts of teaching such as introduction, Law, Gospel, and application.... [tags: Course Review]
1114 words (3.2 pages)
- Looking back over the course of the semester, I feel that I learned many new and interesting uses for technology within the classroom – both for classrooms that have a lot of technology and for classrooms that are limited with technology. For the majority of the class, we utilized William Kists’ book The Socially Networked Classroom: Teaching in the New Media Age (2010), which provided multiple modes of instruction that both utilized and/or created technology. One of the first things that I remember, and consequently that stuck with me through the course’s entirety, is that individuals must treat everything as a text.... [tags: Course Reflection]
979 words (2.8 pages)
- Bachelor Degree Required Seeking advancement in my company seems to have the term “Bachelor Degree Required” assigned to it. Without a degree it’s not impossible to be promoted, but it’s more of an exception than the norm. At times, should the applicant have sufficient years of equivalent experience and be known by the group hiring, the requirement can be waived. With the constant change in company policies, the equivalency option may be removed. Then what am I going to do. With so many younger people entering the work place with degrees in hand, it is more and more prevalent that I complete my education.... [tags: essays research papers]
850 words (2.4 pages)