During my senior year in high school, I started an internship at Walgreens Pharmacy in Brownsville, Texas. This was a unique opportunity for me to find out if I would like to have a career as a pharmacist. So far, not only have I learned about my interest in pharmacy, but I have also learned from Dr. Leonard, one of the pharmacists at Walgreens. Even though I have made many mistakes as a Pharmacy Technician Trainee, Dr. Leonard always motivated me to do better the next time and stay positive. He always has a smile when he is working and looks forward to helping others. As a result of his qualities, Dr. Leonard assists everyone work easier together because there are never arguments. If there is a misunderstanding, Dr. Leonard al...
... middle of paper ...
...e advantage of my strengths. Since I am a better cyclist than runner, I passed two of the competitors in my age division while on the road. On the last transition, I took a deep breath and focused on my goal. There were two people in front of me. Mile by mile I got closer until I was finally able to pass one guy. Eventually, there was one mile left so I had to sprint. Two hundred feet away… one hundred feet away… fifty feet away… I barely passed the other runner. I finished the race in first place! After the race, I met the second place winner who told me he was a professional cyclist from Wimberley, Texas that traveled around the world competing. I was glad to hear this because I got very close to beating him, while being sick at the same time. I will employ this experience as a motivation that I will never make excuses nor give up on something till the very end.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- 1. According to Kouzes and Posner’s research, what four characteristics do people most look for and admire in a leader, someone whose direction they would willingly follow. Briefly describe each characteristic. Answer: According to Kouzes and Posner people most admire a leader that is, “Honest Forward-looking, Competent, Inspiring” (Kouzes & Posner, 2012, p.33). A leader that is honest is holding to the truth, guiding their people through honest feedback, reviews and advice. These leaders gain trust, respect and cooperation by sharing honest information with all.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Leadership development]
1542 words (4.4 pages)
- 1. What values did you admire from the student leaders on the panel and why. The main value that I admired was from Kathryn Edmund’s, I love her definition of failure. Failure is not trying something and you didn’t achieve it. Instead, failure is bringing everyone together, who was involved in the situation that occurred and each individual would accept his or her own responsibility by owing up to their own mistakes. In the end, everyone would come together, apologize and move on. In the past, I have suffered with situations like this by blaming it on everyone and I would not accept my mistakes.... [tags: Leadership, Skill, Management]
1348 words (3.9 pages)
- What is Transformational Leadership. According to McCleskey (2014) over the past 30 years, Transformational Leadership has been “the single most studied and debated idea with the field of leadership” (p. 119). Over the past 20 years, research on transformational leadership has become one of the dominant leadership theories in the organizational sciences (Beng-Chong & Ployhart, 2004). Although there are several reasons for this, perhaps one of the most important is that transformational leadership appears to be extremely important for modern work.... [tags: Leadership, Charismatic authority]
3355 words (9.6 pages)
- A leader is described as a person who guides others and has authority and influence over others. They work to influence others into meeting certain goals. There is no right or wrong definition of a leader and there is no recipe that ensures effective leadership. Successful leaders have a good balance of vision, influence, and power. Leaders gain their authority from their ability to influence others to get the work done; because of this, anyone has the potential to be a leader. (Finkelman. 2012, p15) Being a nurse means being a leader.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Fiedler contingency model]
1499 words (4.3 pages)
- What makes a fantastic leader. There are many different supporting parts of becoming a great leader but, the most important figure would have to be the ability to take action. Taking action provides the ability to move forward. Without action nothing would happen and people would stand still. A leader must have the ability to see an opportunity and press on to use such an occasion to the fullest value. Most opportunities do not just present themselves. There must be plans of action that must be made to make opportunities.... [tags: leadership, gates]
939 words (2.7 pages)
- Assignment 25: Transformational Leadership Introduction In my search for the meaning of transformational leadership outside of coursework, I found multiple definitions of this title. There happened to be one that I enjoyed reading most because it embodied the full significance of what a transformational leader is. Business dictionary (n.d.) specified that, “Transformational leader is a style of leadership in which the leader identifies the needed change, creates a vision to guide the change through inspiration, and executes the change with the commitment of the members of the group”.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Skill]
1555 words (4.4 pages)
- What makes a great leader. A question that has been pondered by all who admire, or have curse someone who is labeled a leader. A true leader is one who has a sense of respect and humility, one who freely gives and receives advice or feedback from those he or she serves. How does one cultivate those characteristics. Given our collective experience and various backgrounds as junior military officers, we have come to the realization that effective and inspirational leaders spend time reflecting on and sharing their experiences—success and failures—and are open to feedback from those around them.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Non-commissioned officer]
1291 words (3.7 pages)
- Leadership is not about having a title, big office, or having followers. Successful leadership is about having the courage to make the right choices, engage others in your vision and empowering followers to pursue choices for the common good. A great leader will leave an impact on their followers that will last a lifetime. My personal leadership philosophy is shaped by considering various factors, of which the first would be knowledge of one’s self. A leader must know and understand their core values such as, authenticity, passion, service, humor, growth and learning.... [tags: choices, vision, followers, safe]
1242 words (3.5 pages)
- “What do you admire, and what do you find to criticise, in Odysseus’ behaviour as a hero?” What I admire about Odysseus’ behaviour as a hero is his confidence. Rather than being self-doubting of his abilities he is proud of them. We see this in Book 9 when he deals with the Cyclops Polyphemus. Firstly, he tells the Cyclops his name is ‘Nobody’. This idea helps him to escape at the end when Polyphemus screams “O my friends, it’s Nobody’s treachery, not violence that is doing me to death”, and the other Cyclopes believe that nobody is hurting him.... [tags: essays research papers]
829 words (2.4 pages)
- How a leader can change a society Leaders of the world and of any country particular plays most important role to achieve genuine happiness of its people. Good and capable leader leads its people and country to a peace and prosperity, while the cruel and incapable leader bring people to the world of sufferings and ultimately ruin country. Leader must not only be educated and experienced but it is important to be a compassionate and sensible to the problems faced by their people. Leaders of the government should win the trust of people by being strategically friendly avoiding any kind of provocation or war with neighboring countries and must also allow a degree of transparency in the day to... [tags: Leadership]
881 words (2.5 pages)