Through his experience and knowledge that he’s gain over the years being in this industry made it more fascinating because he gave me a little insight of what is expected as I am looking to be in the marketing field in the future.
Although there were many lessons learned from the interview, Dave continuously pinpointed that having experience in the industry can determine your position in the future. He made sure that he understood what he was placing himself in before taking action. The discussion led to having internships. The more experience you have the better off your going to be and opportunities you’ll get.
Marketing has different aspects. what you want to do in your career that’s kind of essential for you to get a grasp on what you think it is and then take the right field of where you want to go. because you can go to different areas in marketing but you just have to take some time to learn about them and understand them to see what you want to do over the long term. Which mainly revolves around internships where many get their experience from.
Business in real life is so much different, there are new things happening in real life and not taught in a book. In the business world your going to make decisions that will sort of affect your life.
Skill Sets / Responsibilities
Be flexible, on what your doing today and what yo...
... middle of paper ...
...ctually do it are always the ones that stand out. Its up to the person to push it forward on what you want to be. one of his biggest suggestions he had for me.
when you are showing up to the table you want to make sure whether for an interview, career sessions, you got to seek those things out. have to know exactly what you want to do. start talking to recruiters and figure out what they are doing. and then what do I need to do myself to get into that sort of profession for it. professors could be the best source for this. Always look for their connection points.
Concluding Statement: Understanding and obtaining the knowledge that Mr. Lew explained thoroughly, can lead to a successful performance in the working environment. For many of these upcoming marketing students like myself, should demonstrate the need of experiencing new things and work to ensure success.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Marketing Research Tools There are several marketing primary and secondary research tools. Each primary and secondary tool has a specific purpose, advantages, and disadvantages. There are different ways to approach qualitative and quantitative research techniques within the marketing research strategies. Primary Research The collection of new marketing research data is referred to as primary research this includes interviews and surveys (Muhmin, 2009). Interviews and surveys can be done in person through e-mail or online.... [tags: Marketing]
1280 words (3.7 pages)
- The majority of firms that have engaged in the marketing concept are also partaking in some marketing research because of the benefits it brings to a company. Large corporations spend millions of dollars on marketing research, while the smaller companies. There are seven steps that are apart of marketing research process. Marketing research is the “planning, collecting and analyzing data that happens to be relevant to any type of marketing decision” (Lamb, 158). The main purpose for marketers to use the marketing research process is to improve the decision making process, and to improve customer service.... [tags: Sampling, Marketing, Marketing research]
1662 words (4.7 pages)
- Selling The Invisible: A Field Guide to Modern Marketing Book Review: Harry Beckwith is the founder of Beckwith Advertising and Marketing. He has worked with four of America’s best 100 service companies, nine Fortune 500 companies, and many smaller business and venture-capitalized start-ups. Beckwith divides the book into eleven main topics and ends it with a “summing up”. The book mainly talks about what the marketers need to know to sell their services. This book begins with the main problem of service marketing.... [tags: Essays Papers]
2101 words (6 pages)
- I first interview a friend of the family. Patricia is start her own business with her family one year ago. Their business import – export smartphones screen from China, and distribute their product to local retailers. As a marketer graduate from FIU, Patricia understand an. When I started my interview with Patricia, the first words she told me where, “I don’t know anything of finance”. If she were to invest in the market, she definitely looks for some advice and help to be able to take care of her money.... [tags: Investment, Finance, Collective investment scheme]
1275 words (3.6 pages)
- Interview Report On Thursday, August 27th, I interviewed with Mark Wasden for a front desk position at the Cole and Ustick Library in Boise, Idaho. This was the first interview that I have ever participated in, and even though I went in to my interview nervous, I came out confident. On Tuesday, September 1st, I went back to my Human Relations class, where I learned different techniques to improve my interview skills. I also received tips on how to handle different situations that could happen in future interviews.... [tags: Question, Answer, Dewey Decimal Classification]
1016 words (2.9 pages)
- Interview with an Engineer Specialist The purpose of this assignment is to explore the profession I hope to be working for in the near future. My task for this assignment was to find an engineer who has a degree in Aerospace Engineering, which is the degree that I am pursuing. I had to set up an appropriate setting for an interview with that engineer. I also had to arrange interview questions which consists of their career information’s, requirement skills, and advices that would help me get prepare to work in the field of Aerospace Engineering.... [tags: Industry, Specialist, Aerospace]
1633 words (4.7 pages)
- Blocks away from Lake Michigan on the corner of Clark and Addison, Wrigley Field is the center of a bustling community of diehard Cub fans. Wrigley field was built in 1914 and can hold up to 41,000 spectators. Outside the ballpark on any given game day there are beer-guzzling, hotdog eating fans around the park and in surrounding neighborhoods. Wrigley Field has been the center of baseball for the north side of Chicago and will be for many years in the future. Wrigley Field was built in 1914.... [tags: Informative Essay]
1068 words (3.1 pages)
- The Role of Research in Academic and Business Life of Business to Business Marketing This assignment will investigate the role of research in the academic and business life of Business to Business Marketing. Somers () defines research as the study of a subject and its sources and investigating these in a systematic manner in order to find new conclusions (Somers, H. not dated). Business to Business (B2B) is a transaction which occurs between two companies, that is to say, the consumer is not involved in the transaction of a company.... [tags: B2B marketing Research Business]
1867 words (5.3 pages)
- Recruitment and Selection: The field of Information Technology and Customer Services Letter of Transmittal The purpose of this research is to find out the career opportunities for a particular field in real. The focus was on creating the application package for that particular job. The application package has a very important role in recruitment and selection process. It helps in presenting oneself as the best fit for the organization. The application package includes application letter, resume and the follow up letter which addresses the employers.... [tags: application package, recruitment, selection]
1010 words (2.9 pages)
- The career that I would love to have is to be a publicist. My career goals consist of being a founder and CEO of my own PR firm. So, for my career research, I was trying to find a person who is similar to my race, gender, and spirituality. I wanted to understand the field that I am interested in by interviewing someone who has the same background as I do. By interviewing someone with the same similarities as me, I would get a sense of what my obstacles would be as well as how to overcome the obstacles.... [tags: Interview, Question, Semi-structured interview]
2341 words (6.7 pages)