With the departure of the beloved cats, I remained restless for several months because I missed the boys. I missed being greeted every day with the meows of Chester when I came home from school or work. I greatly missed my five thirty in the morning meowing alarm clock. I missed Sammy’s random moments of I want love but when I have enough I bite. I missed the purring of Sammy, when he started to nurse on the blankets, and kneading. I knew that nobody could ever replace the mouthy Cheshire Cat, and the polar opposite, grumpy Sam I Am. After several long months, I came to the conclusion that I needed another cat in my life, so I asked my mom. I would have asked my dad but, I always have the fear that he would say no, even though it was rare for him to ever say that.
I grabbed my mom and pulled her off to the side one evening and asked “Hey, mom, I got a question.”
“Yes?” she responded blatantly.
“Can I get a cat. He will be my own. I will pay for everything. He will be mine complete...
... middle of paper ...
...ter getting Doppio, I had to change his name. He sounded like a drug addict, even though he has to take drugs for his whole entire life. I decided on calling him Anubis, after the New Egyptian Kingdom God of the Dead. The reason to why I called him Anubis was because of his jackal like ears and personality. He adapted quiet well with the two dogs.
I was glad to have filled the hole that the other two cats had left. Anubis, will never replace Chester and Sam in the long run. He actually does kind of act like them; he has the hey, its five thirty, it’s time to get up clock system in him. Although Anubis does not want to admit it, he loves to play with dogs. His bloody painting the wall sneezes that he had when we got him have ceased after several long weeks of washing walls, and furniture. After all this time, I am glad to have a cat that matches my own personality.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Pseudopregnancy is a common phenomenon that occurs in the intact female dog that is not pregnant during the diestrus or anestrus time of their estrous cycle. Pseudopregnancy can be characterized by swelling of the mammary glands, swelling of the abdomen, milk production and a change in the female’s behavior such as mothering of objects or other animals, restlessness, aggression, nesting and anorexia, (Hermo, 631). For the subordinate female gray wolf this phenomenon is a typical behavior to take care of the young pups while the alpha female, and only female to mate and give birth to young, is out hunting for food for the pack.... [tags: Domestic Dogs, Wolves]
1125 words (3.2 pages)
- Is It A Better Choice to Keep Cats or Dogs. Nowadays a lot of people have pets at home since they are solitary. Pets can help them to release stress, and enhance their moods. Several studies show the people who have pets live longer than people who don’t. Pets can also help them to build their responsibility and patience. When teenagers spend time with pets, they learn the way to take care of others. There is no doubt that cats and dogs are two of the most popular pets in the world since they are easy to raise and they are adorable.... [tags: Dog, Predation, Cat, Neutering]
1682 words (4.8 pages)
- Cats and dogs are seen to be the most popular household pets in the world. Because of their popularity, people would always compare these two pets to each other. But which makes a better pet. I used to have cats when I was a kid and I had a lot of them. I also had a dog, a family dog, but he stayed outside and I did not really pay attention to him. My cats died when I was nine or ten. I got tired of taking care of them so I stopped adopting one. I didn’t really know the differences between cats and dogs until I had my own dog.... [tags: popular household pets]
999 words (2.9 pages)
- The cursed cat. He was grinning at them, that insolent face just grinning and staring, those disgusting whiskers twitching, the disgusting muddy fur, the disgusting hole in his ear. Scampi and Mustard stood at the bottom of the tree, tongues slowly moving in and out. It was over, both of them knew. They stared right back at the mangy cat with hate in their eyes. Its tail was curling back and forth. "Can't we wait this time?" "No." "But-" "We could stand here all day, but we'd have to leave sometime.... [tags: Creative Writing Essays]
4906 words (14 pages)
- Cats and dogs are the most popular pets in the world. Cats versus dogs are a debate that just rages on even if cat lovers know that their little sweethearts swept to victory long ago. Their inspired playfulness and independent, beautiful spirit say enough. Even some die-hard dog lovers have inched toward the feline side, drawn by their low-maintenance lifestyle and excellent lap decorations. Dogs are considered to be man’s best friend. Even though they are both caring animals, dogs and cats have their differences.... [tags: exotic coats, woof, bark]
597 words (1.7 pages)
- Thousands of homeless animals are looking for forever homes in America. Volunteering is a great way to give to your community and socialize the animals at the shelters. Working with dogs and cats that have not had good starts in their lives helps them trust again. It helps animals get over the trauma they have had before they went to the shelter. Socializing makes the animal more adoptable and they are given a chance to get forever homes. Volunteer at your local humane society 's and help out the animals like I have worked with in shelters.... [tags: Dog, Neutering, Pet, The Animals]
1013 words (2.9 pages)
- As we discussed about pet psychology last semester I decided to write about my pet. In my opinion, people who have pets are the most suitable people to give you advice about dog or any other pet. Maybe someone is scientist or he studied dog’s behavior but real experts for dogs are people who live with them, feed them, take care of them and the most important: love them. Seven years ago I got my first pet, golden retriever. Back then I couldn't even imagine how much he would mean to me. One day dad’s cousin told us that if we want a dog we can come to their place and pick one because they have seven of them and they can’t sell them.... [tags: cats, dogs, care]
650 words (1.9 pages)
- A movie No one knows about Persian cats ask us this question. I would change the title somewhat to ask “no one who knows about Persian people”. No one knows about Persian cats takes us into the underground music scene in Iran. Many in the western world and especially in the United States may look dumbfounded when you talk about an underground music scene in Iran. I believe the director Bahman Ghobadi’s movie about the underground music scene not only exposes the repression of the existing Iranian government on freedom of expression, but also shows a side of Iranian culture most would never have thought existed.... [tags: Film Review]
1068 words (3.1 pages)
- Who Let the Dogs Out. My love for dogs started with my very first dog, Chelsea. From the moment I was born, she protected me like no other. Even my own grandfather was scared she was going to bite him when he tried to play with me. When she passed away I felt like I had lost my best friend. That’s why I hold a special place in my heart for not only dogs, but all animals. Veterinarians get the privilege to work with such kind creatures all day, everyday. Performing surgeries, working with the animals, interacting with the owners, and rescuing homeless or hurt animals are just a few of the things vets do.... [tags: animals, medical, education]
1604 words (4.6 pages)
- Flea Control for Dogs and Cats Many Americans have a four-legged member of their family in their home. Most people deal with housebreaking problems, pet hair on furniture, and an occasional broken lamp because all the friendly welcomes home outweigh these minor problems. When the weather begins to get warmer, these pet owners begin to cringe with the thought of spring. It can only mean one thing; flea season and the circus of giving flea baths and dips is about to start. But in the past few years, there has been a break through in scientific technology allowing both owners and pets to rest easier.... [tags: Pets Dogs Cats Essays]
416 words (1.2 pages)