Home security screen doors are designed to let you enjoy the feeling of fresh air, and cool breezes in summer, while maintaining the safety and security of a conventional locked door. But do they do the job? Many home security screen doors are easily compromised by a few swift kicks so it pays to do your homework when considering buying one.
While all doors provide some form of security barrier, just because a product is marketed as a home security product it does not mean it is. In fact, when it comes to home security many doors marketed as "home security screens" fall way short of security industry standards. A point well noted by the National Security Screens Association (NSSA) and the Australian Security Industry Association Limited.
So how do you pick a good home security screen door from a bad one? What do you need to look for in a good security screen door?
When purchasing a home security screen door there are several features of the door which need to be considered including the materials the door frames are made from, grille strength, mesh type, the number of hinges and...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- A Nightmare At Home At the start of a beautiful fall, every parent worst nightmare came into existence. One evening that nightmare got closer to home and knocked at our doors. “It’s such a sad thing, I mean we know these people, we know these kids, and it’s just so unbelievable.” Karen said. “I agree.” Nicole starts. “I think it hits closer to home because it happened here in our community an these are people with whom we share our lives, this is unimaginable. I don’t know what I will do if it happened to me.... [tags: 2007 singles, Debut albums, 2008 singles]
2216 words (6.3 pages)
- Five Arguments in against for the Introduction of Technologies that address the issue of Wandering Residents of “Hacienda Home” Written by Noor Fatima To provide a safe environment for wandering residents, the health care providers face many challenges. It is a general premise that Information technology (IT) can address these challenges in enhancing health care services for wandering residents. The providing case study “Hacienda Home for the Aged” illustrates the issues of Hacienda Home regarding to the health of wandering residents.... [tags: Health care, Health informatics]
709 words (2 pages)
- Is Your Information Safe. He doesn 't wear a stocking mask over his face, and he doesn 't break a window to get into your house. He doesn 't hold a gun to your head, nor does he ransack your personal possessions. Just the same he 's a thief. Although this thief is one you 'll not only never see, but you may not even realize right away that he 's robbed you. The thief is a computer hacker and he "enters" your home via your computer, accessing personal information -- such as credit card numbers -- which he could then use without your knowledge -- at least until you get that next credit card statement.... [tags: Computer security, Computer, Security]
1530 words (4.4 pages)
- 12 hours of death:Election month Written by Jhovani Cordero Jhovani R cordero 1000 Can St suite Movie,Fort worth 82452 email@example.com Step 1: 12 hours of death:Election Month Step 2: What if the goverment set up 12 hours of death without any police,hospital/Ambulances or nothing else that will help available for 12 ho... [tags: Security guard, Security, Mobile phone]
1957 words (5.6 pages)
- Doors in your building should be form-fitting, sturdy, secure and well-made. Your building, especially if it?s your commercial business, is a vital part of your everyday operations whether you rent the place to tenants, own a retail shop or house a factory. This is why you need professional installers to handle your commercial door needs. Read on to discover how new commercial doors can save you money and bring you peace of mind. Security Physical security is a major concern for your business or commercial property.... [tags: Computer security, Security, The Doors]
794 words (2.3 pages)
- I. Summary This commentary covers the very intense subject on breach of security. The article, “Home Depot Hacked after Months of Security Warnings,” written by Ben Elgin, Michael Riley, and Dune Lawrence, carefully describes the types of warnings Home Depot had observed from small hacks to their internal emails and reports. After Home Depot experienced this type of breach, contractors strongly urged Home Depot to use an extra security layer to protect their retail terminals where customers swiped their charge cards.... [tags: Computer security, Security, Information security]
1076 words (3.1 pages)
- “Was that the door?” Jimmy says. “Shit, hide everything!” Robert exclaimed. The two troubled high school seniors were frantically trying to hide the marijuana they were smoking. Quickly shoving the papers and weed in a draw, Jimmy and Rob quickly turn on the Xbox and act like they have been playing. “Hey Jim, I’m home.” Jimmy’s mom shouts from downstairs. “Upstairs Mom!” Jimmy shouts “Be cool.” Jimmy whispers to Rob. Jimmy’s mom walks upstairs and comes into Jimmy’s room and looks at them with a confused look.... [tags: Mother, Father, Parent, Family]
1530 words (4.4 pages)
- Physical Security Physical security could be thought of as a very important piece of security. Just because you apply many different policies to have a lockdown on the software environment, it doesn’t mean that people are not able to just go in and inflict damage upon your network. Physical security is the measures to prevent or deter attackers from trying to gain access into the facility. With FTD Enterprises they have none to barely any physical security in place. The most security that they have is a locked door, which is also seen to be open during the night.... [tags: Security]
662 words (1.9 pages)
- Denial of service (DoS)- This type of attack occurs when a hacker overloads a server or network device with numerous IMCP (Internet Control Message Protocol) ping requests, such that it is unable to respond to valid requests. By updating to the latest service pack and applying security patches, you can minimize the threat of DoS attacks by reducing the vulnerabilities in the TCP/IP network protocol. Although disabling ICMP can remove valuable troubleshooting tools, it can effectively remove the possibility of DoS attacks.... [tags: Cyber-security, Enterprise Security]
3468 words (9.9 pages)
- Home My definition of home is not a word I can say or a thought I can think, but a feeling. This feeling is like a calm that settles over me like a blanket, just a quiet assurance telling me I belong in that place. It took me forever to understand where exactly that place was, and the answer was always right in front of me. This feeling would come and go, and I would never recognize it because I knew that only my address and the house that I parked my car at and went in to eat and sleep for 18 years was my home.... [tags: Personal Narrative Home Descriptive Observation]
1781 words (5.1 pages)
- How Supportive Environments Made By Family Positively Influence Adolescents With Depression And Decrease Their Symptoms
- Analysis Of William Shakespeare 's ' Macbeth '
- United States Today Without The Civil Rights Movement
- My Workplace Is More Of Theory Y
- The Gift Of The Magi
- Carl Jung 's Theory Of Dreams