What college student doesn 't want to save money while going to a university or a Jr. college? when you go to any college tuition is not cheap it can be pretty pricey. you have to spend hundreds of dollars for books, new or used. they can add up when you are going full time. two easy ways to save money on books is by using the internet. if you teacher uses an old book that semester. you can always search the title of the book and find the pdf of it and print it out for free. another way to save money if you have a tablet you can use Chegg an app/website and rent the E-book for under $20 dollars. now that 's a bargain and a great way to save money and trees.
Another thing why technology is great YouTube. you can learn so many things on that website.if you get stuck on how to format your paper to learning a new language. the channels and videos they have on there will teach you step by step, how to format your paper on any source you 're using. for example: if you 're majoring on be a chef for a restaurant you can look up so many recipes f...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In Cpcc’s online opposing viewpoints essay, “Student Loans”, it is argued that the methods of taking care of student loans have issues. The essay starts by making a point that borrowers get overwhelmed with debt. Consolidation would sound like a help, but really all it does is create more debt because it makes the payment period longer. The longer you wait; the more interest you accumulate. Then, the viewpoints in the article on student loans acknowledges that the government will continue to go even deeper in debt if no one repays their loans and gets saved by recovery acts.... [tags: Debt, Higher education, University, College]
1046 words (3 pages)
- Social Media has become a very essential tool in the society; in addition, it has a huge impact on communication and learning process. Social media is defined as websites and applications used for social networking. “As of September 2013, seventy-one percent of online adult use Facebook, eighteen percent use Twitter and seventeen percent use Instagram, twenty-two percent use PInterest, and another twenty-two percent use LinkedIn. (PewReasearch, 2013). In addition, "Between February 2005 and August 2006, the use of social networking sites among young adult internet user ages eighteen and twenty-nine jumped from nine percent to forty-nine percent.... [tags: Social Media, College Students, Communication]
1086 words (3.1 pages)
- My way up to College I have always dreamt of finishing off school and graduating, then going to college. I never thought it would end up being so complicated. Everything I do is for myself to be successful, but it has been rough for me knowing that I can’t really do it on my own. My goal is to grow my mindset and succeed in my career. There has always been the feeling of failure. I aspire that I will have to be ambitious and be more responsible for my actions toward school. Teachers are there to help you along the way in your whole school year.... [tags: High school, College, Middle school]
979 words (2.8 pages)
- Many Americans believe college is the only way in which one can obtain success. If a college student is asked why they chose to go to college, the most likely answer would be that they want to get the best job possible and to make the most money. According to Liberal Education, “85.9 percent of entering students said that “to be able to get a better job” was the number-one reason they were pursuing college degrees” (Humphreys, 6). This answer is based on the idea that students will get a great job out of college and will earn a lot more money because college students want more for themselves.... [tags: High school, Higher education, University, College]
1509 words (4.3 pages)
- Today’s economy is very unstable. Every day people are being laid off, many companies had folded due to the gas prices dropping at an all-time low. Parents are pondering the question, is college a good investment for my child due to uncertain of the future. There is a great debate throughout the country regarding college education. Some people argue that college is not for all students and most students will not benefit in going to college. However, from grade school to high school students are being prepared in attending college.... [tags: Higher education, University, College, Education]
1022 words (2.9 pages)
- In the beginning of the semester, I was expecting a class that would help me transition from high school to college successfully. The course would provide me with the resources I need to help me make the most of my college experience. It was a class made up of other first year students, which would provide us with the opportunity to interact with students of our year to make connections with. I was expecting to be able to interact with the students more, so I would be able to connect and talk to them, but we had very little time to.... [tags: High school, A Great Way to Care, College, Grade]
852 words (2.4 pages)
- Over the years, an overwhelming amount of the population believes those who go away to college go simply to have fun and get drunk. The bulk of society ponders the majority of college students hardly care about their grades, if at all. Some may believe college students only care about making friends, and not academic importance. However, this is not always the case. Numerous people decide to stay home to go to college to get their general education classes out of the way. They also do this do save money.... [tags: College, High school, University, Education]
1413 words (4 pages)
- Nowadays, in China, more and more graduates get the same amount of salary as a migrant workers. As a result, someone said “There’s no difference between a college graduates and a migrant workers. We don’t need to spend money on the higher education.” In my opinion, college students and migrant workers are not comparable, because the former is the mental labor, the latter is the manual labor. We can’t use the wage to judge the value of a person, it is not fair. In fact,we can learn a lot of things in the university, otherwise there wont have so many people striving for university.... [tags: Higher education, University, College, Education]
822 words (2.3 pages)
- I decided to compare and contrast the elderly and college students, not to show ageism, but to see the similarities and differences in their lives. To observe students I went to Ventura College and to elderly home observed how both groups interacted in certain areas I concentrated on transportation, workforce, friendships, dependency, and time management, their lifestyles, dress style, diet, education and attitude towards life. I started my research in the parking lot of Ventura College. I wanted to see the student’s transportation.... [tags: college students, lifestyle, elderly]
885 words (2.5 pages)
- When a student gets out of college the game plan is supposed to be, get a job in the field that you went to school for and make money so you can start your life. That particular situation is rare considering not all students get a job fresh out of college. For the students that don’t, they have to go back home and settle for a regular job and start paying off their giant student loans and put their life on hold. Even with having the job they wanted the student loans come right around the corner.... [tags: College, Higher education, High school, Debt]
1477 words (4.2 pages)