• What are we going to cover?
• Show & Tell Who You Are
• Make Your Value Proposition Clear
• Think Mobile
• Avoid Confusion
• Make It Easy
• Useful Tools
• Show & Tell Who You Are -When you consider what’s important to visitors, they want to know who you and what your site is about quickly. Think both visuals (show) & words (tell) to demonstrate who you are
• Good Eggs- What I like about this site: It’s clear from the name and picture this website is about food. The Header “Good groceries delivered” explains more. Smaller text “ local & organic” tells you more as well as their location (the SF Bay area). There’s a field to “Enter Your Delivery Zip Code” and click the button to “Start Shopping” The call to action is clear.
• Good Eggs- Produce Page - When you click to market page, again they show (with attractive images of food) & tell (“Good groceries delivered”) who they (Good Eggs) are. Additionally, they have easy to understand headings across the top menu. Produce, Meat, Fish, Meals, Deli, Snacks, etc. are similar to sections of the grocery store.
• MIT Libraries- Why do people go to libraries? To find information. The MIT Libraries site ...
... middle of paper ...
...ur site have high bounce rates? 3) Where people are coming to your site from? Lots more. But, Google Analytics will only show that there’s an issue not why.
• Peek Test- To start to understand “Why”, try a Peek Test, a free 5 minute usability test on your website. You get a video of testers screen and hear their voice. Why you can’t choose the demographics of the tester (after all it’s free). It’s a good tool to begin to understand first impressions of your website.
• Usability Hub – UsabiltiyHub is another way to get free usability test, you can take other people’s test and get credits to do your own tests. Again, you can’t choose your tester (so it might not be your target market), but it’s good to get first impressions or test what visitors want to click.
• Questions- So, that rounds out the presentation. Are there any questions? Here’s my contact info as well.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- We are a website development company that is focused solely on the quality of our work and the efficiency of our website design and development operations performed by our experienced design teams. We offer a wide variety of website development options guaranteed to be effective in making your website stunning and captivating to any customers or visitors that you may receive. Professional Web Design Company Web applications are continuing to expand and have become more complicated than they once were.... [tags: Website, Web design, World Wide Web, Design]
741 words (2.1 pages)
- Design and User Experience : The Private Hospital (calls Clinic in Chile) website in general are very well structured with easy access to all the services that these institution provides. The neonatology and pediatrics sections usually lacks of images and multimedia sections, the one reason of that can be that the information is oriented toward adults visitors or potentials parent patients. Additionally in general these WebPages provides information written by its own physician helping them to reach its potential patients, moreover the information about diseases are upgrade periodically.... [tags: Technology]
546 words (1.6 pages)
- Web Analytics is the analysis of qualitative and quantitative data from a website and the competition to drive continual improvement of the online experience that customers and potential customers have, which translates into desired outcome. Also, use of Web analytics is said to enable a business to attract more visitors, retain or attract new customers for goods or services, or to increase the dollar volume each customer spends. Web Analytics 2.0 is defined based on the following paradigm, Clickstream answers the what.... [tags: World Wide Web, Website, Web page]
827 words (2.4 pages)
- www.score.org This network is designed for helping entrepreneurs and business owners. They provide a way for business mentors to try and connect with one another. Promotion of local business and business training also seems to be a prime goal for this website. Overall, the mission of this website is to be a resource for all business owners and entrepreneurs. They are trying to help people achieve their goals and become successful. The website is very inviting and is easy to navigate. I was able to navigate all through it, without any problem or issue.... [tags: Business, Small business, Entrepreneurship]
983 words (2.8 pages)
- ... (ETC, 2013) Unfortunately websites are very hard for the user to view and navigate through websites not designed for a small screen used on cell phones. This was the new challenge for web designers to solve and with the growth of popularity of mobile usage the web designers needed to make websites for both personal computers and mobile devices. Now often if the user visit a website using a mobile device they will be asked if they want to go to the “mobile site” which are specifically designed for a better user interface and design for the mobile device.... [tags: expectations, trends, evolved, history]
810 words (2.3 pages)
- 1.0 Introduction In this report, I am going to show the importance of adhering to good human-computer interaction (HCI) by giving examples of good and bad HCI. Also the importance of colour choice in order to achieve accessibility regarding people who suffer from colour blindness or vision impairment. Usability will also be addressed which will highlight the importance of avoiding discrimination. 2.0 HCI The importance of adhering to good HCI, first and foremost the aim is to keep the user on the web page as long as possible in order to complete their task, especially if it is an e-commerce site, for example, eBay and holiday selling sites.... [tags: Color, Color blindness, User interface]
1232 words (3.5 pages)
- ... The existing Veterinary practice site needs to be optimised. Doing this will cut down any extraneous content on the exiting site to meet the context and expectations of smartphone users. Mobile optimised sites need to take in to account that smart phone users will be on the move, therefore the site needs to cut down page load times to ensure the visitor is served quickly, mobile users that are kept waiting will simply move onto another veterinary practices website. The navigation on your normal Veterinary site may be hard to use on a smartphone that will have a small screen size.... [tags: stategy, device, statistics, internet]
517 words (1.5 pages)
- It is important for a website to be updated to keep the interest level of different audiences. Having the ability to navigate through website easy can open up the website for all ages. Making your website eye catching will attract viewers and differentiate your website from others. Uploading at fast speeds has been an expectation this year and would be a great asset. Nevertheless the biggest aspect of web redesign is the competition among the other websites. There are different ways of accomplishing these set goals every year by staying informed about the viewer and their needs.... [tags: web redesign program]
818 words (2.3 pages)
- Websites designs are always changing and it can be difficult to keep up. Website designers must always keep up with the latest trendses and looks. You could think of website design like clothing facion were you must always have the best a newest things. The unfornet thing is that the website owner begins to stop thinking of looks and begins think of other thing like content. Although the content is important design is is agreeable more important than one thinks. Lets quickly look at a typical user surfing the web and see what goes thorough the mind.... [tags: Information Technolgoy]
1609 words (4.6 pages)
- Website design is done by the web designer. The ultimate aim should be to bring forth a website which is attractive, has an optimum load time and more importantly, it should be user-friendly. It is important that the website should not be cluttered with content or difficult to navigate, or be of a completely bare design. Therefore, a professional designer should bring in balance between all this. The website should be well laid out, easy to navigate and should be fast loading. Also, it should be compliant with the web standards, compatible with all the browsers and easily accessible.... [tags: Information Technology]
513 words (1.5 pages)