In the article, “The Pleasure of Eating” by Wendell Berry, Berry was right about the fact that there should be a “Food Politics”. This article talks about “eating responsibly” and “eating agriculturally”. If you haven’t heard of these terms, they vary in Berry’s article. So “Eating responsibly” and “Eating agriculturally” basically means that everyone is expected to see and know about what they are eating. Nonetheless, not all fruits and vegetables are healthy. You might need to spend some time to take a look at the brand, price, and the facts about the products. Imagine, if Berry came to your dinner table? How do you get or purchase your food? What will you serve him? If Berry were to show up to my dinner, the best foods to serve him would be anything that is clean and healthy. According to Berry’s article, Berry has made a life choice to eat responsibly and agriculturally. Here are some great places to purchase your food: Trader Joe 's and Whole Foods, because these grocery stores contain a variety of organic products.
To follow Berry’s advice at the dinner table, shopping is one of the most important steps. Berry says that “people what they want—or what they have been persuaded to want—within the limits of what they can get. They pay, mostly without protest, what they are charged (Berry 37).” That is because most shoppers are in a rush and don’t have time to analyze the product. Also, some people don’t have enough money in their pockets, so they just choose a random product without thinking that healthy food choices keep you healthy. When people don’t consider food choices, they end up having illnesses. “They mostly ignore certain critical questions about the quality and the cost of what they are sold:...
... middle of paper ...
...th the right foods, we must know that we have taken good effort to understand what foods we purchase and eat.
As a result, the best ways to serve Berry is with foods that are fresh and healthy. If I serve him food following the advice in his article, he will appreciate and enjoy the experience. He will also most likely sit longer with me at the dinner table to talk. As can be seen from his article, Berry is very knowledgeable and aware of what he is consuming. The reason he wrote this article is to warn us from eating from old habits. As a matter of fact, Berry argues that if you have already been “eating responsibly” or and “eating agriculturally”, then you will definitely have a greater chance of a longer life, and better living conditions.. Therefore, “The Pleasure of Eating” is considered to be one of the best things we can do to live longer, healthier lives.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Nostalgia. It’s delicate but, potent. It is something more powerful than any memory. It is an everlasting feeling. A feeling that we yearn to feel, even if it is just once more in our lifetime. That moment for me takes place at 7324 Johnston Drive, right outside of of Cleveland, Ohio. Now similar to a food recipe, my perfect dinner experience also requires a recipe, but instead of flour and eggs as ingredients, it requires specific people and even animals. It requires family. My parents got divorced when I was eleven, so the memories of those dinners have faded.... [tags: Family, Mother, Father, Dinner]
894 words (2.6 pages)
- SUPER NIGHTWEARS Nothing excites the relaxation of one sleeping within the privacy of their homes like putting on comfy sleepwear. We all have preferences when it comes to personal effects especially sleepwear we use daily since it provides us with a freedom to move around before we get to bed and enjoy our rest. At alwayspersonal, an embodiment of the most current and authentic family wears from personalized boxer shorts to personalized dressing gowns while seeking to cultivate a comfortable, relating and ‘joie de vivre’ environment.... [tags: aprons, nightwear, dinner table]
1335 words (3.8 pages)
- Chuck Berry is known as one of the most influential artists of the rhythm and blues, rock and roll error of music from the 50’s through the 70’s. He is famous for a vast amount of hit records including the hit songs Maybellene My-Ding-A-Ling and Johnny B. Goode. Many music historians considered Berry’s song Maybellne the first true rock and roll song. While undergoing his musical career Berry faced numerous devastating obstacles that could have tragically ended his career. All of Berry’s songs were derived from his adept lyrics and peculiar sounds.... [tags: Rock and roll, Chuck Berry, Blues, Chess Records]
830 words (2.4 pages)
- Abstract The Periodic Table of Elements is commonly used today when studying elements. This table’s history begins in ancient times when Greek scientists first started discovering different elements. Over the years, many different forms of the periodic table have been made which set the basis for the modern table we use today. This table includes over 100 elements and are arranged by groups and periods. Groups being vertical columns and periods being horizontal columns. With all of the research conducted over the years and the organization of this table, it is easy to use when needed.... [tags: Periodic table, Chemistry, Chemical element]
1020 words (2.9 pages)
- The Periodic Table. The Periodic Table is an arrangement of the chemical elements and is one of the most important references for anyone doing chemistry. The elements on The Periodic Table are arranged according to their atomic number and their electronic configuration. The atomic number is listed next to the chemical symbol for the element in the top left corner. The atomic number can also be known as the Proton number of an element. The electron configuration of an atom is the representation the arrangement of electrons that are distributed among the orbital shells and subshells - http://chemwiki.ucdavis.edu/Inorganic_Chemistry/Electronic_Configurations There are two types of bonding in a... [tags: Atom, Periodic table, Chemical element]
1035 words (3 pages)
- The periodic table was the most important development in the field of chemistry. Do you agree. The periodic table was the most important development in the field of chemistry and is the most important chemistry reference there is. The periodic table played a crucial part in the development in the field of chemistry as it allowed for a way of organising the elements so that it was possible to make predictions about both their chemical and physical properties based on the elements’ position in the table.... [tags: Periodic table, Chemical element, Chemistry]
1648 words (4.7 pages)
- What the periodic table tells us. Why its discovery had taken up more than 50 years. Why is Mendeleev considered to be the ‘father’ of the Periodic Table. The periodic table is one of the most noticeable icons in chemistry. This table shows the organization of the elements in horizontal rows, called periods, and in vertical columns, called groups. It is an arrangement according to the increase of their atomic number in each element, which is equal with the number of the protons in the nucleus, and also based on similar chemical behavior and physical characteristics.... [tags: Periodic table, Chemical element, Chemistry]
1083 words (3.1 pages)
- Biography of Wyatt Berry Stapp Earp Wyatt Berry Stapp Earp was born on March 19, 1848 in Monmouth, Illinois. His father Nicholas was a lawyer who preferred a life of farming. From an early age, Wyatt learned from his father to stand up for what was right. When Wyatt was two years old, the family moved to Iowa. In 1861, the Civil War broke out, and Wyatt's father and three older brothers joined the Union Army. Soon after, Wyatt ran away to enlist, but his father caught him and sent him back home.... [tags: Wyatt Berry Stapp Earp Wild West Cowboys Essays]
4050 words (11.6 pages)
- Dinner with the Experts Beep. Beep. “Okay, now what was that timer for?” I said to myself. “Oh, it’s the steak!” Once the tray was safely on the table, I took off my oven-mitts and crept towards the door to peak in and spy on my guests. The dinner party invitation said to arrive at six o’clock, but I was not surprised to open my door to Ellen and Sherrie at 5:15. They rang the doorbell at least a dozen times in the thirty seconds it took me to get to the door. I found two middle aged women decked out in trendy clothes, the sort a teenager might wear.... [tags: Personal Narrative Online Dating Essays]
1723 words (4.9 pages)
- Dinner is Served I ran into the kitchen to perform some last minute preparations for the night’s joyous festivities. I could smell the inviting aroma of the freshly smoked salmon which I had smothered in a light cabernet sauce and topped with dill to complete the presentation. I must admit that I was quite nervous in regards to the night that lay ahead. I quickly set the table because dinner was to be served in fifteen minutes. I could see the look of anxiety on my face through the reflection of the recently polished silver and stemware.... [tags: Technology Food Papers]
2686 words (7.7 pages)