A website can be evaluated through careful analysis of authority, information, objectivity, ease of navigation, and privacy and security policies (Hair, 2014). As previous states the website is managed by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Service and thereby has authority as “.gov” tends to be credible sources (Lane, 2010). The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services further lends credibility to the website by clearly stating their name and providing contact information (Lane, 2010). Information on found on the website is consistent with information available through the Centers for Disease (Center for Disease Control and Prevention). The information was last updated March 19th, ...
... middle of paper ...
Lane, R. (2010). STOP! Evaluate Website Before Use. Dental Assistant, 79(4), 12-45.
Legget, T., & Jackowski, M., (2009). Evaluating resources. Radiologic Technology, 80(6), 579-81
Lewis, C., (2013). Evaluating patient motivation and the use of online heat information: Keeping patient and families in the loop. (Doctoral dissertation). Retrieved from EBSCOhost (UMI Order AAI3600969).
Nagykaldi, Z., Calmbach, W., DeAlleaume, L., Temte, J., Mold, J., & Ryan, J., (2010). Facilitating patient self-management through telephony and web technologies in seasonal influenza. Informatics for Primary Care 18, 9-16.
Thomas, M., & Ademolu, A., (2014). Considerations for vaccine administration in the emergency department. American Journal of Health System Pharmacy 71, 231-6.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- HTML & CSS To build a webpage you are going to need a few things • A text editor such as programs called Notepad++, Sublime text, Microsoft’s Visual Studio or ever just the notepad program that comes in Windows • A web browser like Google Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer For this tutorial you do not need any experience in HTML, CSS or any other web development experience. HTML stands for Hyper Text Mark-Up and is a scripting language used to make webpages. CSS stands for Cascading Style Sheet and works alongside HTML to style the website, I will talk about CSS later on in this tutorial.... [tags: text editor, web browser, html]
1740 words (5 pages)
- 1. Introduction Almost 42% of the world 's population has access to the internet. Also, more than 3 billion people around the world now use the Internet via a variety of different devices. In today’s world, for almost every business, it is essential to have a website which serves as an information gateway for customers or visitors to gain insights into the business. Also, the most of Business owners focus on their websites to attract more customers or visitors. Thus, the web analysts start to collect and analyze web data to understand more about customer’s behavior, web traffic, and usage to improve websites to meet customer 's needs and owner 's goal.... [tags: World Wide Web, Web design, Web page]
1771 words (5.1 pages)
- Web Page Analysis While browsing the enormous variety of sites and home pages on the World Wide Web, it is difficult to compare and contrast items that do not have anything in common. How can we say the "Wall Street Journal page" is better than "Joe's Page of Craziness?" Therefore the first step in critiquing web pages is by determining their purpose. The goal of a web page can vary from presenting factual information such as the "CIA Page," or displaying one's own computer generated art. Hence, the only way to judge a page is by examining what it tries to accomplish, and how it achieves its goal.... [tags: Web Design Analysis Essays Papers]
1686 words (4.8 pages)
- First thing we do every morning is check our smart phone for new tweets, funny pictures or videos or new posts from our friends and family. According to statista.com the number of smartphone users around the world in 2015 was around 1859 million users. In addition, the number will increase every year as shown in the following figure. In other words, we can say that we are breathing Internet every day and with the use of smartphones, the Internet became available most of the time. Therefore, the Internet becomes an important tool for many businesses, organizations and scientists around the globe.... [tags: World Wide Web, Website, Web page, Internet]
1039 words (3 pages)
- A Web Page A web page is an electronic document written in a computer language called HTML, short for Hypertext Markup Language. Each web page has a unique address, called a URL, short for Uniform Resource Locator, which identifies its location on the network. A website has one or more related web pages, depending on how it's designed. Web pages on a website are linked together through a system of hyperlinks, so that you can jump between them by clicking on a link. On the Web, you navigate, popularly knowing as surfing, through pages of information based on what interests you at that particular moment.... [tags: Essays Papers]
1710 words (4.9 pages)
- Basics of Web Page Design Im am going to analyse a music group website, the website address is www.rolldeepcrew.com and its all about a band called roll deep crew. Its all about a crew from the underground of garage that like to make there own version of music. This is what the front page looks like: [IMAGE] From the front page it look professional there's a little intro that you can either choose to watch or skip. This is good as you can clearly see where you have to click if you want to get rid of the intro.... [tags: Papers]
829 words (2.4 pages)
- Efficiency and Web Page Design One of the biggest challenges for web designers today is trying to have a ‘killer app’, yet make it efficient enough for the common surfer. We’re talking about file size. Zona Research (June 1999) reported that 70% of online users were only connected at 56K or less. Granted this number may have decreased a bit in the last 16 months, but the fact is, most people have a slow connection. As a surfer browses through the numerous sites on the web, they want to see the information the site has to offer.... [tags: Internet Cyberspace Essays]
1640 words (4.7 pages)
- Designing a Web Page Motivator sentence: The development and design of a basic web page can be a fun yet tricky task. Thesis sentence: Whether it's a large commercial web-site for business purposes, or a small personal web page about your hobby or family; the process of development is the same. Blueprint sentence: The three major steps leading to the development and design of a basic web page include: information gathering, site layout and design and HTML (hyper text markup language) conversion.... [tags: Papers]
364 words (1 pages)
- Web Page Creation Report In order to create my web pages, I used a program called FrontPage Express. This allowed me to create web pages without learning the language they are written in, HTML. To start with, I created a new directory for the website to go in to. I did this by clicking on File>New>Folder. I then renamed the folder just created to Computerstore. Into that folder, I created five more folders, and renamed them Images, INP, OUT, MPU and STO. These were for the four different sections of products and for the images.... [tags: Computer Science]
1958 words (5.6 pages)
- Web Page The development and design of a basic web page can be a fun yet tricky task. Whether it’s a large commercial web page for business purposes, or a small personal web page about your hobby or family; the process of development is the same. The three major steps leading to the development and design of a basic web page include: information gathering, site layout and design, and HTML (hyper text markup language) conversion. The most important task of developing and designing a web page is the gathering of information.... [tags: Free Essay Writer]
488 words (1.4 pages)